How much celeb bad behavior are you willing to forgive?

Tools    

I specified circumstance. Nothing's black and white
I'm taking it, dammit! I need it for my self-esteem!

I wonder who will see his new film??

A lot of folks who made a lot of my favorite bits of entertainment were horrible human beings. Peter Sellers, Roman Polanski, Mel Gibson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Woody Allen, James Cameron...all awful people who's films I've enjoyed for years.
I haven't come across anything, interested to know what Arnie and Cameron have done that is so awful?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Arnold cheated on his wife and sired a son with his housekeeper (before he was Governor).

The Arnold cheated on his wife and sired a son with his housekeeper (before he was Governor).
Oh that... I was expecting something really awful. Sad for the wife, but hardly awful compared to something like murder or paedophilia... - now these are horrible human beings.

Murder and peadophilia are rather limited vices of the celebrities.
If you were to make a list that occured in the last 30 years, I presume it would be quite short.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I haven't come across anything, interested to know what Arnie and Cameron have done that is so awful?
James Cameron divorced his wife and married Linda Hamilton when he got famous from The Terminator, then divorced her when he met the girl who played Rose's granddaughter in Titanic...He's a serial adulterer.

And Arnold admitted to admiring Hitler in the film Pumping Iron, as WELL as cheating on his wife and having a son with his maid, not to mention endless reports of sexual harassment on film sets. So yeah.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

James Cameron divorced his wife and married Linda Hamilton when he got famous from The Terminator, then divorced her when he met the girl who played Rose's granddaughter in Titanic...He's a serial adulterer.
Yep, I thought as much, he needs the death penalty for that for sure...

All of them. What they do in their personal lives has nothing to do with their film careers. And why should you care anyway, it has nothing to do with you.

This is some pretty horrible logic
You're right, I should start caring about their love affairs and insulting tweets. Sorry, I got more on my plate than worrying about what total strangers do with their lives. And I am not gonna stop watching a movie because the lead actor happened to bang someone behind his wife's back. I'd love to hear your logic on why I should care at all.

You're right, I should start caring about their love affairs and insulting tweets. Sorry, I got more on my plate than worrying about what total strangers do with their lives. And I am not gonna stop watching a movie because the lead actor happened to bang someone behind his wife's back. I'd love to hear your logic on why I should care at all.
First of all, I don't think anyone is worrying about celebrities personal lives in the capacity you are describing. I'm not losing sleep over it or anything. Plus, I wasn't talking about love affairs or trivial things like that. Read the original post of this thread.

I don't know about others opinions on this subject, but for me it's just a part of who I am morally. I think the only person who I don't approve of in a personal capacity (not counting athletes and Axel Rose) is Roman Poanlski. I wouldn't hang out with a person who raped/took sexual advantage of an underage girl and I certainly don't want to give him any money for his films. I don't pay to see his films and I don't seek them out. I've seen a few, though it was mostly when other people were watching them.

If that doesn't make sense to you, then I'm not going to try to change your mind.

I wouldn't hang out with a person who raped/took sexual advantage of an underage girl and I certainly don't want to give him any money for his films.
Were all their sexual exploits made public, do you fear you'd be watching a good fewer films? Especially if you're just talking about not giving money to these people. You may stop listening to a lot of music, too.

First of all, this
What they do in their personal lives has nothing to do with their film careers.
is separate from this
And why should you care anyway, it has nothing to do with you.
because saying you like their art despite their actions is different than saying you don't care if people are horrible and disgusting. I didn't say brood on the fallacies of humanity but you're making it a joke by referring to those messing up people's lives as merely insulting tweets. If you actually read the thread you would know I'm partly on your side.

Honestly unless it's something like the Vick or Gibson case celeb and behavior doesnt really get involved in my opinion of them. I don't care of they do drugs or cheat on there wives dOsent affect me. So in most cases I dotb really care about celeb bad behavior

Interesting that you guys are talking about Cameron; I'm working on an essay about the nihilistic streak running through most of his films, and the horrid anecdotes about him from the people he's worked with have piled up over the years. I dunno if he's terrible for being a serial adulterer (a fact I wasn't even aware of, actually), but it sounds like he's probably a pretty lousy person for a dozen other reasons.

I dunno if he's terrible for being a serial adulterer (a fact I wasn't even aware of, actually), but it sounds like he's probably a pretty lousy person for a dozen other reasons.
As I said to someone in a comment here, apparently he's an arrogant prick, but it's not a secret.