Goliath

Tools    

A new movie based on a story from the Bible - a good idea, IMHO. A new movie based on a story from the Bible that completely changes and ignores the original story - not such a good idea, again IMHO.

New David And Goliath Movie Will Basically Turn The Bible Into 300

Originally Posted by Cinema Blend
From the sounds of it the Goliath script from John D. Payne & Patrick McKay is going to pretty much ignore the actual story of David and Goliath and instead turn it into an epic chase through the ancient world with Goliath hot on David’s heels. No really. Apparently Goliath is now some sort of bounty hunter hired to track down and kill David, who has been foretold as the future king of Israel.

I don't think your reservations are properly framed.

>New David And Goliath Movie Will Basically Turn The Bible Into 300
>New Battle of Thermopylae Movie Will Basically Turn 300 Into The Bible

I would really like for something like this to be good but... no. The Passion of the Christ was a great movie but when it starts becoming "Bible story meets (insert recently popular movie)" then I just cringe. Religious movies need a lot of originality instead of copying things. That's why they don't get respect. It's a shame too cause there's a lot of good lines in the Bible for actiony movies.

this is why historical films suck today. When idiots think they are smart and say "Lets make this an action film". These people should go to idiotville.