I don't intend to start a discussion of religion here (there's other threads for that). I am, however, a fan of the films of Alex Kendrick and Sherwood Pictures.

Flywheel (2003)
Facing the Giants (2006)
Fireproof (2008)
Courageous (in production for 2011)

They have come a long way from their first film, with its $20,000 budget, to their current project, budgeted at $1,000,000. You can see the technical improvements with each successive film.

Each film has a wonderful, uplifting story to tell. These films have a message. They don't try to hide it, and they make no apologies for it. They are made my people who are convicted in their beliefs, and I think that shows through in the finished product. Personally, I wish more films like these, in content and quality, would be made. Many faith-based films are made every year, and many are just plain bad films. Alex Kendrick, his brother Stephen, and the people at Sherwood Pictures, are working to show people that faith-based films can be done, and done well. I think they are doing a great job.

Will Alex Kendrick be remembered alongside Capra, Hitchcock and Spielberg? No, but he is doing an outstanding job in his corner of the filmmaking world.