Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

Lets make an official election thread, and just bring all this talk to there. I dont even want to post in a thread where his names on it.

Jib Jab?! Aw hell if Trump gets elected his face will be everywhere!

maybe america needs people like trump to keep out the muslims . and if he can keep them out , trust me---he is worth his weight in gold . for my country's ( india's ) experience with muslims has been plain horrible , just horrible...
Wow, just wow.

This might be the only time I report myself but I cannot read something like that and keep my mouth shut. That is single highhandedly the most stupid thing I have ever read on this forum.

Firstly India has much bigger problems then Muslims with corruption, over population and a high rate of unemployment and many other social issues, none of which are Muslims related. Are there Muslims out there that are horrible? almost certainly yes, BUT THAT IS NOT THE NORMAL. With 1.6 Billion people in the world identifying themselves as Muslim out of 7.4 Billion you probably aren't going to keep "the horrible Muslims" out of anywhere and if they were all evil they could probably crush us in numbers and suggesting otherwise is in my eyes ignorant and dumb.

Now I don't have anything against India, I'm not religious or a "Muslim lover" but I am definitely against any generalizations that lumps extremists (who are at best misguided and at worst evil) as the norm.

Pretty sure there would be major economic repercussions from essentially banning a billion people from being able to enter a country and the message being tolerant of racism that Trump sends out. Trump is not worth his weight in gold, he will not bully Mexico to build a lovely wall, will not bomb terrorists families and nor would he ban Muslims. Trump is saying whatever he believes on the day will bring him votes. With someone as antagonizing as Trump in the oval office I think you will find tensions will increase not decrease.

Who do you think will go VP though? He has to have someone in mind.
The names i've been hearing most tonight are Chris Christie, Allen West and weirdly Newt Gingrich. Even heard Cruz suggested, don't see it though.

Cruz dropped out though. At least that's what the news is reporting a couple of hours ago.
You asked who was going to be Trumps running mate. A few people have said Cruz might.

Master of My Domain
I don't like Ted Cruz (obviously), but he was our only hope of stopping Trump. Dammit. Did he really suspend his campaign?

How can Trump consider Cruz? He said he was Canadian.

He could go with Rubio, but Rubio is going to sit it out.

Trump's potentially radioactive, nobody with any reasonable prospects is saying yes:

One upside to this is that it would be really, really funny if he railed on Mitt Romney and then got a lower percentage of the vote than him.

The blacks are also equally fond of being compartmentally referred to as "the blacks".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but foster was basically quoting trump there as satire.

Yeah, I read that the same way. A send-up of the way he talks, and his propensity for saying he's "loved" by groups that a mountain of independent evidence tells us actually hate him.

This all feels strange. I put enough faith in the voters to not elect trump, but that nagging doubt is going to sit in the back of my head for 6 months.

Some other Dems are saying this is great, that trump was the best outcome. But to me the best outcome (for Dems) was Trump losing and launching a 3rd party vanity campaign. Now there's just that chance he gets elected...

I'm shocked the GOP didn't go with Rubio, to me he's a relatively boring face of theee esstaaablishmeeent that ticked a lot of boxes, but he was undoubtedly electable. It's weird seeing the Tea Party faction seemingly cannibalize its own.

The only thing funnier than Trump resorting to normal fundraising for the general would be for him to accept public financing, so that "self-funding" does a 180 into his campaign literally being funded by taxpayers.