also great:

V For Vendetta
Sin City
X-Men 1-3
Spider-Man
Superman

and I kinda liked Fantastic Four too

Success is the only Earthly judge..
Well since Batman has become his own movie genre, and has all but ceased being singularly comic...Think about it. He's had that many movies and they've only been as bad as George Clooney can make them (sorry George).

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there was the Hulk...not the Amazing Hulk, just the Hulk
To be honest I'm hopeing it was a different "lame" Hulk I've never heard of...Yes I am ranting, and indeed I am sorry Hulk fans....
Let me put it to you this way *Ahem* "Too much brooding, not enough smashing"

So now I am torn between a few:

Blade -awesome story, and great cast
X-Men -great effects, and keeps me interested
Sin City - who didn't LOVE Sin City
*NOT HULK
*NOT DAREDEVIL
*NOT ELEKTRA
But I digress
Always my dear Batman
Ghost Rider is still growing on me
and I am sort of looking forward to silver surfer....

I go for Spiderman and Batman. I don't get tired watching them over and over.

In terms of execution and translation I would say Bryan Singer's X-Men films. Considering the complicated, and some-what esoteric story-lines and characters in the comics, yet still he was able to boil it all down to the main themes of alienation and introduce the central characters, and didn't weigh it down with an over-blown roster. (I'm looking at you X-Men 3)

A close second to me is Iron Man, for me this is a character I've always wanted to see on the big screen. Again, the characters and themes are struck almost perfectly.

I know I didn't include (gasp) The Dark Knight, but truthfully Batman is almost his own genre at this point. IMHO, my problem with TDK, is that it takes itself a little too seriously and I know it's suppose to be "more real," but come on he's a grown man dressed as a bat who fights a shizophrenic clown.

Still a good movie, as a matter of fact I wish the comic books were as good as the movie.

...uh the post is up there...

I always seem to be promoting this film on this forum.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I always seem to be promoting this film on this forum.

I really enjoyed this movie. I can relate on many levels to Harvey, I too am a bit of a pessimist.

I still think that Spiderman takes the cake as best comic book movie. I haven't seen a couple mentioned on here, but from what I've seen it's Spiderman.

The Dark Knight, is basically praised by me because of the acting and obviously Heath Ledger's epic performance as the Joker.

In general, I think that comic book movies have been really lacking lately.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Silent Hill's not a comic book. It's a game.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Uhhh dude, the Punisher (2004), duh!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Meh. I've watched The Dark Knight a few times, I own it on DVD, and yet I don't have fun when I'm watching it, as I would any other comic turned movie. To date, Iron Man is what I consider one of the better adaptions. Fun, without being campy.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Happy New Year from Philly!
I know it's been said before but let me reiterate, American Splendor rocks.

I also like V for Vendetta. Hugo Weaving is fabulous as V.

I've liked Spider Man and Batman. Not sure if they're the best but I like them.

The Dark Knight

It is an amazing film with great acting and a great story.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TaiwanDayz