Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Snowpiercer - Its worth watching for Tilda Swinton who is hilariously brilliant, and the bizarreness of it all. But it's not a brilliant movie. It's strengths are in it's ridiculousness which is always risky. I liked the sort of socio-political undertones but ultimately it's an action movie trying to be a bit too more profound than it actually is. I'm also not a great lover of fight scenes, so they were probably lost on me. 6/10.

Donor Darko. Watched the directors cut last night and was very dossapointed unfortunately.

5/10 and that's being generous

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Donor Darko. Watched the directors cut last night and was very dossapointed unfortunately.

5/10 and that's being generous
You know dasher and dancer and prancer and vixen. Comet and Cupid and donnor and blixen

9/10

I've seen countless of times and it always seems to amaze me. These issues about racial fighting and the illegal aliens coming in. This movie was made 1998 ! and it insanely relates to every topic that's detrimental to our society. The acting was truly magnificent. The character Derek was disgusting but Edward played him so well, racism and Nazi sympathy has been around since the demise of the Hitler. The movie plays so well on the society as a whole. The small neighberhood. I'm going on a tangent so I'll leave it. anyway.s long hiatus..hello anyone who remembers my name.
thats it ! my favorite movie of all time !

Law Abiding Citizen by F. Gary Gray

Very nice movie ! I don't very like both of the principal actors (Jamie Foxx and Gerald Butler) but in my opinion the storyline is amazing and the direction is well done .

7.7/10

Prisoners

I enjoyed this movie despite some of the plot points not really making sense. Hugh Jackman was awesome in this, I am not a father but I could still relate to how far would you do for someone you love. I did not see the ending coming which was a surprise for me cause I can usually pick them. Overall this is a good movie with a few holes in it.

3.5/5 Stars

Nights of Cabiria

There's nothing I disliked about it, although I'm still not sure how I felt about the main character. I thought it was very well made, but I just didn't get involved with it. It kept me interested enough to enjoy it moderately.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Amelie

It was okay. I'm not sure if it's the people I talk to that made me think the movie was going to be great or maybe I'm just too old. I think the answer is probably the latter. I know if I saw it when I was a teenager, I would have undoubtedly loved it. It was a good film, don't get me wrong, I just would have enjoyed it more if the narration had simply ended after introduction. It began stating the obvious, making me feel like a child. I can definitely see what people love about this film, the narration just really put me off though.

Such a great movie. Marge Gunderson is one of my all-time favorite movie characters.

Pirates Of The Caribbean : The Curse of The Black Pearl by Gore Verbinski (Re-Watching)

A real MASTERPIECE . Johnny is so freaking incredible in his role . All the time I watch this movie I enjoy it over and over again ! Certainly one of my favorite .

10/10
100/100

Scary Movie 4...

The Village, Saw, War Of The Worlds, Million Dollar Baby, Brokeback Mountain and The Grudge in one film. Plays out more like a series of skits that the filmmakers randomly thought up off the tops of their heads and then decided not to really put much imagination into the writing process.

Craig Bierko is the best thing about the film playing Tom Ryan as a spoof of Tom Cruise.

Awful...
... with one redeeming feature: The last skit with Craig Bierko spoofing Tom Cruise on Oprah. That one scene had me in stitches and gives the film that one half popcorn.

Pirates Of The Caribbean : The Curse of The Black Pearl by Gore Verbinski (Re-Watching)

A real MASTERPIECE . Johnny is so freaking incredible in his role . All the time I watch this movie I enjoy it over and over again ! Certainly one of my favorite .

10/10
100/100
¡Piratas!

like the pick, like the rating

"that's got to be the worst pirate i've ever seen"

"ya know, for having such a bleak outlook on pirates, you're well on your way to becoming one.. sprung a man from jail, commandeered a ship of the fleet, sailed with a buccaneer crew out of tortuga... and, you're completely obsessed with treasure"

"when you marooned me on that godforsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing mate"
-

man, i watched this thing so many times years ago that i don't even have to look up quotes for it even tho i haven't watched it in 3+ years

¡Piratas!

like the pick, like the rating

"that's got the be the worst pirate i've ever seen"

"ya know, for having such a bleak outlook on pirates, you're well on your way to becoming one.. sprung a man from jail, commandeered a ship of the fleet, sailed with a buccaneer crew out of tortuga... and, you're completely obsessed with treasure"

"when you marooned me on the godforsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing mate"
-

man, i watched this thing so many times years ago that i don't even have to look up quotes for it even tho i haven't watched it in 3+ years
THATS IT ! A REAL FAN .

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
a little jack goes a looong way!

The World's End
Finally got to see this one. Not hilarious, but still worthwhile

"Find me a dead cat."

The Great Train Robbery (1979) SERIOUS REWATCH
LOVED this Michael Crichton film since seeing it in the theater when i was a pre-teen. DAMN fun romp of a heist flick with sean connery, donald sutherland and leslie ann-downe

(REWATCH) Fire of Conscience (China)
A prolific cops movie that is best seen instead of me attempting to explain

The Royal Tenenbaums

This could go for any of Wes Anderson's films but I find them hard to get into. Although they may be visually interesting and there are usually a few good performances (usually from Bill Murray) after about twenty minutes I start getting bored and lose interest in the whole thing. Maybe it is just because it just doesn't connect with me, but I will try again when I see Grand Budapest Hotel and see if that changes my mind - but I doubt it will.