Scenes of Humiliation

Tools    

In the movie "Bugsy" where Warren Beatty has the gangster crawling around on the floor, snorting like a pig, and Annette Bening, his girlfriend, is listening through the door. Her eyes open as to who Bugsy's personallity is.

In regards to the new con breaking down, I ask if he/she would do that and KasperKristensen replied, "Well honestly I have no idea how I would react since I've never been to prison. I think it's one of those situations where you don't know how you will react - I certainly don't. But I do think that there are some people who wouldn't be able to control themselves."

I agree that some people wouldn't be able to control themselves--or more accurately, control themselves past a certain point. But I think for 999,999 out of a random million, it would take more than a bunch of cons banging their cups on the bars of their cells while you're safely locked alone in yours before you'd start calling for mama. I don't think you have to be in prison to "know how you will react." There are things in your own life that will give you a good clue as to whether you'd break or not.

Let me give you example. Something like the second or third night of basic training when I joined the Army, they let us go over to the PX and buy toothpaste and things and even have a beer as long as we were back in the barracks before 10 p.m. Well, since i was an acting corporal, I made it back in plenty of time, but a few guys didn't, and the sergeants swarmed in checking to see who wasn't there. One of the people missing was in a bunk next to mine and the sergeant asked me who the guy was. Told him truthfully I didn't know, but then stupidly, I added, "I think he's called Willy." Dumb move because there weren't that many Willy's on the roster, so it wasn't hard to figure out who it was. Really dumb because Willy was one of the biggest meanest looking black guys I ever knew, and he was pissed to find out he'd been put on report because he got back late. Didn't matter that the seargeants were waiting at the door to tag the latecomers as they got back to the barracks--I knew I was wrong to volunteer any information and I made a vow to myself I'd never do that again. What's worse, however, was that about 7 weeks later as we were coming down to the last few days of basic, a bunch of us are sitting on the floor one Sunday polishing our combat boots, and I see Willy and another guy, a joker we called Pollo, at the other end of the barracks with their heads together talking. Willy is looking serious and Pollo is grinning. Then Willy walks down to where we're sitting, takes his entrenching tool off his pack and start's opening up the folding shovel blade. While he's doing this, he says, "Well, boys, I finally found out who turned me in that night." Then he looks right at me and says, "Why did you do it?" Man, I tell you my blood ran cold and I'm thinking, if he hits me with that sharp shovel blade, it's gonna split my skull and kill me (just like they taught us in hand-to-hand combat). I didn't doubt for a minute he was about to take a swing at me, cause he looked serious as a heart attack. And it truly crossed my mind to say, "Hey, man, I'm sorry--I didn't mean to do it!" But right on the heels of that thought, I say to myself, he'll hit me anyway. So my mind switches then as to how fast I can get off that floor while grabbing the steel helmet sitting beside me and whether I can get under Willy's right arm and hit him hard enough with that helmet to make him drop that entrenching tool. So I scoot back to get my feet under me, and Willy bursts out laughing. He says, "Man, you should have seen your face!" He appologizes for scaring me, says Pollo put him up to it, and my heart is thumping so hard that it takes a moment or two before I can start cussing them. But I learned two things from that incident--it's better to stall than beg, and never volunteer information to anyone. Couple of years later, one of the guys in our outfit goes awol and it turns out I was on the list to have made bedcheck in our barracks the night before, but of course I didn't and had no idea the guy was gone. So I lied to the sergeants and said he'd been there at 10 p.m., when actually I hadn't seen him for a couple of days. Stuck with my story that I had seen the top of his head over the shower stall, even after he got caught later in the day and admitted he had taken off well before bedcheck. He had to pull extra duty and the sergeant cussed me out, but I didn't inform. After that incident with Willy, I figure I can go through at least one handful of ripped fingernails before breaking.

Mig
Were you making a point there or just nurturing your ego?

People are different, some people are more sensitive than others, the level of experience from person to person is vastly different.

To me the guy seemed totally unprepared for what he was about to face, I think he was supposed to appear spoiled and somewhat innocent in a sense.

His weakness was also used to contrast the strength of the movie's protagonist (not trying to sound pretentious, but for whatever reason his name escapes me right now).

I think that's why they picked a fat guy for the role, it can be associated with someone wealthy (looks like he could afford more than enough to eat), who probably isn't used to a tough environment like that.

I think I'm relatively experienced, but I can't say I wouldn't break down and cry like he did, like KasperKristensen said, I don't think you can tell unless you've been there.

The idea of prison rape is scary as Hell to me, and I'm neither criminal nor from America (or anywhere else where such is tolerated within the prisons).

Mig
Oh and the zipper accident in There's Something About Mary must have been quite humiliating, even moreso considering his feelings for Mary.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
120 Days of Sodom

Never seen. Dont plan on it. heres the imdb
'Four fascist libertines round up 9 teenages boys and girls and subject them to 120 days of physical, mental and sexual torture
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073650/

120 Days of Sodom

Never seen. Dont plan on it. heres the imdb
'Four fascist libertines round up 9 teenages boys and girls and subject them to 120 days of physical, mental and sexual torture
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073650/
Don't. It's one of the most boring films I've ever seen. Not disturbing. Not disgusting. Just boring.

Were you making a point there or just nurturing your ego?
I describe a moment at age 18, away from home for the first extended period, totally on my own, no one to help me, scared poopless and just this side of peeing myself thinking this big ape is gonna take my head right off, and confess to being tempted to beg for my life, and you think that's nurturing my ego? Cheeze, just wait until I do something I can really brag about!!!

I think I'm relatively experienced, but I can't say I wouldn't break down and cry like he did, like KasperKristensen said, I don't think you can tell unless you've been there.
C'mom, you really, truly haven't got the slighest clue whether or not you'd would start crying and screaming if you were alone in a secured room where no one could reach you and there's nothing going on but a bunch of guys yelling and banging tin cups on the bars? Really???? You've got absolutely nothing in your past experence that gives you even the slightest hint whether you would break or not? You've never been hazed? Never been threatened? Never had to fight a bully?

When I was going through basic, there was a big ol' overweight guy in our platoon that the sergeants used to rag on in an effort to get his weight down. They would limit his food rations in the mess hall, and considering the amount of physical exercise we were doing in the thin air and deep snow of Colorado Springs in October-December 1961, it took a lot of calories for most of us just to maintain. I was in pretty good shape when I enlisted, having worked in the oil fields, but I lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks of basic. Besides restricting this guy's diet, the sergeants would take turns running him and putting him through other exercises while the rest of us were on break after marches or physical training or whatever. Pretty soon, a lot of the other recruits were picking on this guy, too, especially because he snored. Didn't bother me, although the guy slept in the bunk above me; once I hit the rack at the end of a long day of training, I could sleep through almost anything. But one night I awoke because my bunk was shaking back and fourth. There were 8-9 guys standing around the bunk just pounding the **** out of this one kid because of his snoring. Bottom-line, this kid went through 8 weeks of hell day and night but never broke, never cried, never got the screaming memies, never complained to the sergeants about the guys jumping him, never complained to the officers about the extra duty and short rations. Never whined, never fought back, but he completed basic training with the rest of us.

The idea of prison rape is scary as Hell to me, and I'm neither criminal nor from America (or anywhere else where such is tolerated within the prisons).
The threat of getting raped would scare me too, in or out of prison. But the guy in this instance wasn't threatened with rape. He was alone in a cell that the guards had to unlock to come in and beat him, and they wouldn't have done that if he hadn't started screaming and crying. Besides, it wasn't like he had to go all night without screaming or crying. All it took to survive was to not be the first to break! And remember this, it may have been his first night in prison, but it was not his first night behind bars since he would have been incarcerated at some point before his trial and certainly after it until the next collection of felons to be shipped to prison. Prisoners get beatened and raped (once one even got robbed) in city and county jails just like in prison. How long a streak of yellow stain can one person leave before he just runs dry? What's that they say? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Moreover, the hero is the one who gets raped later even though he didn't cry out that night or even while being raped. So who come out better off, the guy who cries and yells and gets beat to a pulp and shipped to a medical ward, or the guy who doesn't break but gets raped once he's turned out with the prison populace?

Apparently the "yell til they cry" scene impressed lots of folks, but I still find it silly and unbelieveable.

Scenes Of Humiliation

The 2009 MoFo Fantasy Football season when I become the bull-of-the-woods! Oh damn I got the ants in my pants Im ready.

Banned from Hollywood.
I cant think of many scenes of humiliation, but what comes to mind is the last scene in Thumbsucker, when justin wakes up after sucking his thumb in his sleep and sees that the girl sitting next to him is smiling/laughing. It would have been a humiliation scene if he still had the same opinion about his thumbsucking habit.

Making a difference
Its gotta be Monster... the scene where Charlize Theron was penetrated with a big stick. That was the height for me. I completely let loose, paused and starred with bitterness. Excellent! Great! Bravo!

Making a difference
Easy,

The rape scene of Irreversible

Truly gutwrenching...
Yay! this was something else too, gosh! after the rape he gave her the beating of her life.

I could stand it though it was humilating. Darn!

Yay! this was something else too, gosh! after the rape he gave her the beating of her life.

I could stand it though it was humilating. Darn!
It is really worth a watch though. One of those horribly beautiful films...

Mig
Damn it, looks like my post didn't make it somehow.

I'd written a rather long response to rufnek, I think I made some pretty good points and shared some interesting experiences...

Very annoying. I don't feel like repeating my self at least not now, I'll probably state my case worse if I do. :/

Damn it, looks like my post didn't make it somehow.

I'd written a rather long response to rufnek, I think I made some pretty good points and shared some interesting experiences...

Very annoying. I don't feel like repeating my self at least not now, I'll probably state my case worse if I do. :/
LOL! The old girlfriend up in Canada story eh?! Just kidding I couldnt resist.

Misery. If you read the book it was way way worse.

Any good military movie depicting boot camp.

Sleeping With The Enemy though there have been many superior films on such subject matter.

In the movie Zodiac, it's the scene when a young couple who're picnicking and enjoying a day of fun in the park are hog-tied by the person who later turns out to be the suspected serial killer roaming the San Francisco/general Bay area during the 1970's, just before he stabs them both to death.