Star Wars Goes 3D In 2012

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I just went onto Empire online and this headline jumps out and slaps me across the face...

Star Wars Goes 3D In 2012

Much like the Jedi and the Sith have the Force-driven ability to feel things from a long way off, we’ve all known that Star Wars supremo George Lucas was planning to convert the entire franchise to 3D at some point in the future. He’d dropped heavy hints, and since he rarely passes up a chance to tinker with the movies on a digital level, it was just a matter of when, not if. And now we have a rough date. Well, we have a year: 2012.
While James Cameron’s success with Avatar was a big reason Lucas is pushing ahead with the conversion process, it was also a case that the director wanted to wait until there were enough 3D screens to support a decently wide re-release. Of course, given how many 3D movies are planned for release in that year, it’s entirely possible that the marketplace will again be crowded.
Still, to give the man credit, he’s taking his time with the new versions, personally overseeing the conversion process to get them right. And even though the Blu-Rays are due next year, he’s hoping that by the time The Phantom Menace’s release rolls around in 2012, the 3D home entertainment market will be up and running properly.
While we’re not entirely sure any of the Star Wars series really needs 3D, there are a few scenes we could enjoy seeing with TIE fighters screeching over our heads and some extra depth in those big Hoth landscapes…

hey guys i am new in this forum and i want to discuss about movies,and this place is perfect place to this,This movie is coming in 2012 in 3d,it is the most watched and released movie of the American history.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
George Lucas oughtta get a hobby other than milking Star Wars.

surely the man has other ideas.

QUIET PHILISTINE.i

My life isn't written very well.
Oddly and surprisingly I'm in.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

HEH - It really does not bother me - I mean the SW franchise sold out long ago, why so suprised now? Hell, I will probably pay to watch it - I love the flick(s) why not in 3D?

Star Wars is not about a hero or an epic adventure...to paraphrase Family Guy, it is the foresight to own international merchandising rights. This is getting ridiculous. Am I supposed to own the DVD's where Greedo shoots first, the one's where Han shoots first, the BluRays where Greedo shoots first, the BluRays where Han Shoots first, and now the 3D versions that have Han shooting first and then the versions where Greedo shoots first? Really George, really? I will see them in movie theaters, but this is getting absolutely and entirely ridiculous. A professor asked me in class the other day about what else the guy’s done and I said “Howard the Duck.” Ha.

Imma gonna be honest. Nothing is going to keep me away from seeing these movies.

You win again, George Lucas!!!!!!

I hate these 3D conversions as well.. I wouldn't mind if he actually shoots something new in 3D.

I think George Lucas needs to get over Star Wars & work on something new.. I had seen a TV Special on him once.. He is supposed to have loads of ideas.
Now that he has the money & fame, why not work on something new.

Yeah, he claims to have some good ideas for historical films he wants to do. He really is (or was, anyway) a creative guy. THX 1138, then American Graffiti, then Star Wars, then the idea for Indiana Jones with Spielberg, then, well, not a whole lot. Star Wars took over. He produced some stuff here and there - Willow, Howard the Duck, Radioland Murders, but by and large he focused on making money from Star Wars to help finance technological advancements in filmmaking. He really has made a huge impact in the industry, just not so much with his actual body of work.

Is he goign to ad any new characters?

So the Mayans were right... the world will end in 2012.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage