YouTube links now automatically embedded

Tools    

I just posted a utube video of a King Kong clip on Born Today thread. After submitting I clicked edit to add a few words and my browser froze. I had do do a hard shut off of my computer. It could be a fluke but you might want to check out the edit feature with a posted utube video with Firefox browser. I use Windows 7.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
They both look normal for me. So my guess (please correct me if I'm mistaken) is that you added them via Quick Reply, and the post that showed up instantly showed the "old" version, but that when you reload, it's in the new format. Is that right?

If so, I'll have to figure out if it's worth the trouble to make them show up the same way instantly or not, since it's a pretty marginal difference and under fairly specific circumstances. But hey, maybe it'll be easy (note: it is usually not easy ).

EDIT: nevermind, done (it was sorta easy).

I posted using the "Post Reply" button on the bottom left of the last post, and then I clicked on "Preview Post" before and looked at the image before I posted it.

The Preview showed the old version of the YouTube video, but after it posted, it showed the new version. I'm using Windows 8 and Google Chrome if that makes a difference.

It doesn't seem to be a problem. I just thought it might affect the loading speed of the page.

I rarely use the "Quick Reply" button.

I noticed the old Utube video look in preview and the new clean look on an actually post. But not a problem.

I haven't noticed more bandwidth being used. But if that was the case it would severally limit my viewing of threads with embedded videos, as I have a slower DSL connection. So far so good.

Ahhh, Preview. I'll go fix that too (that one's easy). I assumed you meant Quick Reply, but hey, that's good because now that's fixed, too.

Thanks guys.

That's a lot better. I'd just clicked on Iroquois' favorite album thread yesterday and was noting how long it took for the pages to load.

That's a lot better. I'd just clicked on Iroquois' favorite album thread yesterday and was noting how long it took for the pages to load.
Cool.

Yeah, the problem has bugged me for awhile. A couple months ago I tried to tweak a script that only loads embedded videos when they scroll into view, but had some issues with it. This one took some modification, too, but went a lot better. But now I might double back and do that, too, to multiply the improvement.

I'm grateful for the effort and I sure enjoy the results. I do have a thing to say, though, and keep in mind it's not a complaint, just a little "bug report", if you will:

The YouTube "Start playback from:" feature doesn't seem to work in the embedded videos.

I just posted a video in my review of Les Choristes and set it to start at 0:25 but it always starts from the beginning. I pasted the link properly because it has the "t=25s" at the end.

It's not a problem by any means, I just thought you might wanna know.

Yeah, it didn't under the old way, either, unfortunately. Kinda tricky. But I was so focused on just getting the automatic parsing working that I might not have looked as closely at the time thing as I could have. I'll toss it on the to-do list and see if it's do-able. Thanks for the suggestion.