Best three-film run for a director

Tools    

This might be supposed to go in the other forum but I wasn't sure which to put it in.

Basically, what do you think is the best three-film consecutive run for a single director?

Sam Mendes - American Beauty, Road to Perdition, Jarhead.
Joel Coen - Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O Brother, Were Art Thou?
Darren Aronofsky - Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain, The Wrestler.

Must be doin sumthin right
Hal Hartley;

-
The Unbelievable Truth 1989

-
Trust 1990

-Simple Men 1992
Ha I actually thought of Hartley in the 90s but I haven't seen enough of his movies to have seen any three that were made consecutively.

I might actually go with Amateur, Flirt and Henry Fool by Hartley but to those three as well.

My pick'd be one of these:

Wong Kar-wai: Chungking Express, Ashes of Time, Fallen Angels.
Peter Greenaway: The Falls, The Draughtsman's Contract, A Zed & Two Noughts.
Orson Welles: The Lady From Shanghai, Macbeth, Othello.
John Sayles: Lone Star, Men with Guns, Limbo.
Gillian Armstrong: Starstruck, Mrs. Soffel, High Tide.
Shohei Imamura: Vengeance is Mine, Eijanaika?, The Ballad of Narayama.
Juzo Itami: The Funeral, Tampopo, A Taxing Woman.

Hitchcock
Vertigo
North by Northwest
Psycho

Kubrick
2001 A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Barry Lyndon

Malick
Badlands
Days of Heaven
The Thin Red Line

Chaplin
City Lights
Modern Times
The Great Dictator

Powell and Pressburger
A Matter of Life and Death
Black Narcissus
The Red Shoes

This seems awfully easy to find. Just in Korea:

Kim Ki-duk - Spring Summer Autumn Winter...and Spring, Samaritan Girl, 3-Iron
Park Chan-wook - Vengeance Trilogy (with the awesome short film Cut in between somewhere)
Bong Joon-ho - Memories of a Murder, The Host, Mother
Lee Chang-dong - Oasis, Secret Sunshine, Poetry
Kim Jee-woon - A Bittersweet Life, The Good the Bad and the Weird, I Saw the Devil (plus A Tale of Two Sisters preceding these)

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
It is pretty easy to find:
Abbas Kiarostami: Close-Up, Life...And Nothing More, Through the Olive Trees
Hou Hsiao-Hsien: Summer at Grandpa's, The Time to Live an the Time to Die, Dust in the Wind
Hou again: A City of Sadness, The Puppermaster, Good Men, Good Women (the third of each of these is a bit weaker than the others)
Ozu Yasujiro: Late Spring, Early Summer, Tokyo Story ( also sub in any three postwar Ozu films)
Buster Keaton: Our Hospitality, Sherlock Jr., The Navigator

Hitchcock: Vertigo -> North by Northwest -> Psycho

P. T. Anderson: Magnolia -> Boogie Nights -> Punch-Drunk Love -> There Will Be Blood -> The Master (pick which one to start the three)

Sergio Leone: Fistful of Dollars -> For a Few Dollars More -> The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

David Lynch: Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with me -> Lost Highway -> The Straight Story -> Mulholland Drive -> Inland Empire (again pick which one to start the three)

Must be doin sumthin right
Sergio Leone: Fistful of Dollars -> For a Few Dollars More -> The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
For a Few Dollars More - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Once Upon a Time in the West is so clearly superior

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Hayao Miyazki
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro

Peter Jackson
The Lord of the Rings trilogy

For a Few Dollars More - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Once Upon a Time in the West is so clearly superior
I'd personally take it one further with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Once Upon a Time in the West - Duck You Sucker

Whilst I agree, I went for the natural trilogy. WT might be right though, I maybe prefer Duck, You Sucker over For a Few Dollars More.

David Fincher : Seven , The Game , Fight Club

Stanley Kubrick : Dr Strangelove , 2001 a space odyssey , Clockwork Orange , Barry Lyndon , Shining , Full Metal Jacket . (A Six Streak )

Christopher Nolan : The Prestige , The Dark Knight and Inception .

Darren Aronofski : Requiem For A Dream , The Fountain and The Wrestler