LIFE OF PI
15.22%
7 votes
SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
6.52%
3 votes
ZERO DARK THIRTY
46 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Here are the nine nominees for the Academy Award's top honor, Best Picture. Which would get your vote?

Amour
Argo
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Les Misérables
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Amour should get it without a doubt, but probably Lincoln will grab the main prize.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Lincoln will get it, and it deserves best screenplay but not picture, but out of this very safe list, I'd have to choose Amour. By the way, why does everyone call it Amour instead of Love?

I can see it being Pi, Django or Les Mis... more than likely Les Mis...
I don't think Les Mis will get Best Picture. Lincoln seems like a safe bet, because it's a classic American hero.

more than likely Les Mis...
Without a Best Director nomination, not likely.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Seems a lot of the 'favourites' can statistically be discounted without corresponding Director nods, which makes this year pretty interesting as eliminates what would have said are the 3 frontrunners, statistically of course.

I'd love to see Amour grab it, just because Haneke is such a talented filmmaker and it shows a whole opposite side to his oeuvre. Would assume that's the black horse of the noms. And two French(ish) winners in 2 years??

Hope it's not a predictable choice of Pi or Lincoln and didn't think Beasts was quite at the calibre of the other nominations, which i've seen.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I haven't seen Lincoln yet, but it's definitely going to win. I would be very surprised if it doesn't.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Life of Pi should win.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Only thing I've seen so far is Lincoln and Django Unchained. In my opinion, Lincoln doesn't even deserve the nomination for best picture.

I haven't seen any of these! I voted for Argo because it's a Ben Affleck movie, but now I really want to see Silver Linings Playbook.

Lincoln looks like the winner, but I voted for Silver Linings Playbook. I loved that movie! Plus, it has a big chance of winning since David Russell is also nominated.

Lincoln looks like the winner, but I voted for Silver Linings Playbook. I loved that movie! Plus, it has a big chance of winning since David Russell is also nominated.
Unless Steven Spielberg pulls some evil strings, I think SLP will win.