Tools    

Originally Posted by Aniko
Here's a few I wanted to name.....

Actors/voice overs
Kathleen Turner (Jessica Rabbit)~ Who Frammed Roger Rabbit

Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)~ Toy Story
2 0f my Favourites

Plus Sean Connery talking about anything

Joe Estevez is one of the best! He did the entire voice over in "Apocolypse Now" for the character of Willard.

http://www.zdar.com/estevez.html

I have to add to my list. Roger Jackson. He does the phone voice in the Scream trilogy. I haven't heard a creepier voice since I first saw Star Wars. (darth vader is who I'm talking about)
And found he was eating his shoe.

In the Beginning...
I'm surprised no one mentioned Mark Hamill, unless I missed it. He's a tremendously gifted voice actor who can perform all ranges of voice.

Here are pretty much all of his accolades as a voice actor. As you can see, he's been pretty busy. He's most noted, I guess, for voicing "The Joker" on Batman: The Animated Series and The Justice League.

I like Kiefer Sutherland's voice... he added just the right amount of creepiness in Phone Booth...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I like Kiefer Sutherland's voice... he added just the right amount of creepiness in Phone Booth...
I agree, perfectly cast in Phone Booth.

Originally Posted by Philmster
I agree, perfectly cast in Phone Booth.
Dagnabbit I should've said that! I always miss the best ones.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn

I absolutely agree there. Keifer's voice can overpower, and draw so much attention. Great thinking!!

Put me in your pocket...
R.I.P Thurl Ravenscroft.

I just wanted to give my respect to voice actor Thurl Ravenscroft, who died last week at the age of 91 of prostate cancer. He was the voice for Tony the Tiger and gave his voice to many Disney characters throughout the years.

I'm just copying and pasting a part of an article about him from USA Today.
For more than 50 years, Ravenscroft was the affable voice behind Tony the Tiger, TV's popular cartoon pitchman for Kellogg's Frosted Flakes.

"I'm the only man in the world that has made a career with one word: Grrrrreeeat!" Ravenscroft told the Orange County Register in 1996. "When Kellogg's brought up the idea of the tiger, they sent me a caricature of Tony to see if I could create something for them. After messing around for some time I came up with the 'Grrrrreeeat!' roar, and that's how it's been since then."

He also narrated the summertime Pageant of the Masters at Laguna Beach for 20 years and lent his voice to characters on thrill rides at Disneyland, including the Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, the Enchanted Tiki Room and the Haunted Mansion.

"Disneyland wouldn't have been, and wouldn't be, the same without him," the park's former president, Jack Lindquist, told the Register. "His voice was one of the things that made it all come alive."

Ravenscroft also did voices for the animated films Cinderella, The Jungle Book, Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Lady and the Tramp and many others.

Born in Norfolk, Neb., Ravenscroft moved to California in 1933 to study art. By the mid-1930s he was appearing regularly on radio, and by the late-1930s he was singing backup for Bing Crosby.

After military service during World War II, he returned to Hollywood, where he sang with the Mellomen, a group that performed with Frank Sinatra, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Elvis Presley.

In 1952, Ravenscroft's voice appeared in the first Frosted Flakes commercial.

Put me in your pocket...
With sitting in a few Q & A panels for voice actors at an anime convention the past two summers and seeing Toy Story 3 and Despicable Me, I thought I'd revisit this old thread.

In Toy Story 3...I LOVED Michael Keaton as Ken. Very cool. I also loved Ned Beatty as Lotso. He was very convincing as the seemingly warm and lovable bear with a dark side.

In Despicable Me...I loved Steve Carell as Gru and Julie Andrews' voice (Gru's mother) was a pleasure to listen to as always. Kristen Wiig surprised me as Miss Hattie. She sounded like someone else....so when I saw her name in the credits I was surprised and impressed.

As far as actual voice actors, I've become a fan girl/mom of Crispin Freeman and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. They do alot of video game voices as well as and anime voices. I took my daughter to their Q & A sessions at Otakon last year and was impressed with how they treated their fans. Very personable, funny and genuine.

I haven't heard Johnny Yong Bosch (ex- Power Ranger turned Voice actor)...but my daughter looooves him. Anyone else heard of him? I think he also does alot of video game voices.

EDIT: Just need to clarify that after talking to my daughter last night (for my own peace of mind)...it isn't Johnny Yong Bosch she loves. She just thinks he's in alot of things (VG's). It's Steve Blum and Crispin she's in love with. Both of which are also in alot of video games. Lol.

Yuko Miyamura has a great voice.

She's most known for:

She's also the orientation girl from Battle Royale. Who can forget that peppy voice?

In my opinion James Earl Jones has the best voice for characters and aldso regular films. His voice was perfect for Field Of Dreams.

Also Robert Guillaume the voice of Rafiki in The Lion King did a wonderful job.

Put me in your pocket...
I have to add Seth MacFarlane as Stewie from Family Guy. He's too funny.

George Sanders also had a wonderful voice. I loved his narrating part in All About Eve and of course as Shere Khan in The Jungle Book.

EDIT: How can I forget Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots in the Shrek movies? I love his voice...very smexy.~

Female Jungle Poster
Tress MacNeille

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tress_MacNeille

Her body of work is astounding.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

Mark Hamill, of course. And don't forget Douglas Rain: