Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Currently watching Everything Must Go

Surprisingly good film

Edit: For something labelled as a comedy and starring Ferrell... it's not what you'd normally expect from the usually elaborate and zany stuff he does. More of a quiet unassuming humour and definitely touching.

Vivre Sa Vie (1962) -
+

Burn After Reading (2008) -

The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) -

The Darjeeling Limited (2007) -
-

The Conversation (1974) -
+

Monsters University (2013) -

Finished here. It's been fun.
Currently watching Everything Must Go

Surprisingly good film

Edit: For something labelled as a comedy and starring Ferrell... it's not what you'd normally expect from the usually elaborate and zany stuff he does. More of a quiet unassuming humour and definitely touching.

I agree. Everything Must Go is a solid flick. It's a very understated performance by Ferrell.

The Bling Ring (2013)

Not the biggest waste of my time but definitely not anything memorable, either. At times I was confused as to whether I was watching a fictionalized account or a bunch of caricatures parading about. Despite Emma Watson's talent, I can't say her performance stood out as one of her best. The movie itself was repetitive and added nothing that we couldn't have read online in two minutes. The Social Network this isn't.

4/10

A Japanese horror flick called Shutter. Scary as hell, especially the last scene. The Japanese have a knack for making some very effective horror films.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
A Japanese horror flick called Shutter. Scary as hell, especially the last scene. The Japanese have a knack for making some very effective horror films.
I haven't seen it, but I do remember seeing the American remake a couple of years ago. (Which was decent, nothing special.)

Batman Begins : 8.5/10
The Dark Knight : 8.5/10

Liked Batman Begins a tad more tho.

Finished here. It's been fun.

7.7./10. Solid neo-noir thriller. Excellent visuals and great moody atmosphere.It's not a film that I would want to rewatch and I did feel it dragged a bit in some areas. Still though, it's a solid film.

I watched Thief last night. I know I have seen it before, decades ago, but didn't remember it. I think Michael Mann is really one of the great directors of all time. James Caan is really rather middling, though. Or middling minus. Actually, he's is like this demented little dwarf that thinks he is tough and thinks he can act - but neither is true. Thief is overall a good film - it has flaws with the script (the whole thing with the police following James is kind of limp in the writing - and James blowing up stuff at the end doesn't really make a lot of since) but the styling is very nice - very Michael Mann. I give is an above average rating for visual style.

Home:
Iceman:good 7/10
Jack the giant slayer:not bad! 6/10
Oblivion:very good 8/10
G.I.Joe:Retaliation:not bad! 6/10
Oz:The Great and Powerful:good 7/10

At Home:
Dark Skies:good 7/10
Amour:very good 8/10
Ironman 3:good 7/10:
Hansel and Gretel:Witch Hunters:not bad! 6/10
Disconnect:good 7/10

Welcome to the punch(2013):good 7/10
London Boulvared(2010):very good 8/10
Texas Chainsaw 3D(2013):not good! 5/10
A Haunted House(2013):good 7/10
The Switch(2013):not good! 4/10

Kill List, 2nd viewing

I don't know that I'd call it a great movie, but it's great for me. It's the most intense movie I've seen, and it stays in my head.

Unregistered User
Kill List, 2nd viewing

I don't know that I'd call it a great movie, but it's great for me. It's the most intense movie I've seen, and it stays in my head.

I love this film. Totally agree that it sticks in your head. I've only seen it twice, last time being about 2 years ago but I can remember every bit, not many films I can say that about. Did your wife enjoy it?

Now You See Me (2013)

Despite it's obvious similarities to the Ocean's series, the movie still kept me enthralled and guessing throughout. Unlike a lot of movies, the middle never sags and the twists weren't cheesy, although I guessed a number of them before their reveal. The actors were competent in their roles but nothing to write home about. As usual, Morgan Freeman was his all-knowing, smug, grinning self. Jesse Eisenberg seems poised to be his smirking successor. Can't wait for the sequel, which I think could benefit from dialing it back a bit...and yet kicking it up a notch. I don't know how they're going to work that one out.

8.5/10

I love this film. Totally agree that it sticks in your head. I've only seen it twice, last time being about 2 years ago but I can remember every bit, not many films I can say that about. Did your wife enjoy it?
Not as much as me, mostly I think because she had a hard time understanding what they were saying. That frustrates her. But she said she liked it and paid attention the whole way through.