31 votes
Darren Aronofsky
4.05%
3 votes
They both suck!
74 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The Traditionalist: Christopher Nolan DGA interview <--- click it to read

a taste

Q: Another thing that’s unique about your style, especially for such big films, is that you choose to work without a second unit. Why is that?
A: Let me put it this way: If I don’t need to be directing the shots that go in the movie, why do I need to be there at all? The screen is the same size for every shot. The little shot of, say, a watch on someone’s wrist, will occupy the same screen size as the shot of a thousand people running down the street. Everything is equally weighted and needs to be considered with equal care, I really do believe that.

The only Arnofsky film I've seen is Black Swan and I though it was an amazing
Film I think Nolan has done more for the film industry

Also, from Darren, I recommend Pi - which I often cite as my personal favorite. The film had a $60K budget, and shows what can be done when serious and talented people set out to create something from the heart. Pi is, from POV, a perfect film.

The only Arnofsky film I've seen is Black Swan and I though it was an amazing
Film I think Nolan has done more for the film industry
Please explain the underlined, when someone usually makes a deep statement like that, we usually expect explanation.

Please explain the underlined, when someone usually makes a deep statement like that, we usually expect explanation.
He's directed films like Dark Knight and Batman begins whicth were both great. The prestiege whicth I didn't like but it's critically acclaimed. Insomnia is considered a good movie and Inception is one of my favorites. Arnofsky is good but I think Nolan had done more

He's directed films like Dark Knight and Batman begins whicth were both great. The prestiege whicth I didn't like but it's critically acclaimed. Insomnia is considered a good movie and Inception is one of my favorites. Arnofsky is good but I think Nolan had done more
That still doesn't explain what he has done for the film industry?
Ofcourse, most of us loved DK & Inception.. But how can you say that those movies consider him "having done" something for the industry more than what Aronofsky has.

Trust me, I love Nolan as much as the next guy.. But I love Aronofsky more as a director. But that's not the point here, I still don't get how you can go about making an ignorant statement like:

Arnofsky is good but I think Nolan had done more
after saying something like this

The only Arnofsky film I've seen is Black Swan.

That still doesn't explain what he has done for the film industry?
Ofcourse, most of us loved DK & Inception.. But how can you say that those movies consider him "having done" something for the industry more than what Aronofsky has.

Trust me, I love Nolan as much as the next guy.. But I love Aronofsky more as a director. But that's not the point here, I still don't get how you can go about making an ignorant statement like:

after saying something like this
Nolan has changed the film industry. He's revolutionized 3D film and Dark Knight was a game changer for superhero films. The only Arnofsky films outside of this thread I here people talk about are The Wrestler and Black Swan. I'm sure he was a great director for all his films but what has he done to change the movie industry?

Nolan has changed the film industry. He's revolutionized 3D film and Dark Knight was a game changer for superhero films. The only Arnofsky films outside of this thread I here people talk about are The Wrestler and Black Swan. I'm sure he was a great director for all his films but what has he done to change the movie industry?
What? Do you know anything?
  • James Cameron started the 3D revolution with Avatar, still the only good 3D I have seen along with Hugo.
  • Spiderman 2 was a game changer for superhero films.
  • Requiem for a Dream is a film that is loved by a great deal of people, not only on the MoFo but far beyond, hence it being the highest-ranked Aronofsky film on the IMDB Top 250. Moreover, there are plenty of people who think of Pi or The Fountain as his very best films, wintertriangles and Planet News to name two.

Nolan has revolutionised 3D?
has he even done a 3D film?

What? Do you know anything?
  • James Cameron started the 3D revolution with Avatar, still the only good 3D I have seen along with Hugo.
  • Spiderman 2 was a game changer for superhero films.
  • Requiem for a Dream is a film that is loved by a great deal of people, not only on the MoFo but far beyond, hence it being the highest-ranked Aronofsky film on the IMDB Top 250. Moreover, there are plenty of people who think of Pi or The Fountain as his very best films, wintertriangles and Planet News to name two.
1. Yes Cammeron started it but Inception was a big follow up for it. I'm not a cinematography buff but I heard the technology used for it was something new.
2. There can't be multiple game changers?
3. Honestly I dont here people talking about RFAD. I've heard of it and I've heard of Pi but I dont here people talk about it. I just think Nolan is a better director from what I've seen. This is an opinion based poll.

I was positive I saw it 3D in theaters after doing a little research turns out it was just IMax. I feel stupid now. Ok disregard pretty much everything I said

Then according to you Michael Bay is a god among directors, you might not admit it but your ideologies make it appear so.

& you're telling us you dont remember if you had to wear silly looking goggles for Inception, especially when you enjoyed that movie so much.
I believe even Kids could tell the difference between an IMAX & 3D.

& How is DK a gamechanger for superhero films? What has it brought new to the genre.
It was a well directed & written superhero film, no doubt. But what has it actually changed for the genre? The only thing it did was remain more faithful to the tone of the original material than its predecessors.

Then according to you Michael Bay is a god among directors, you might not admit it but your ideologies make it appear so.

& you're telling us you dont remember if you had to wear silly looking goggles for Inception, especially when you enjoyed that movie so much.
I believe even Kids could tell the difference between an IMAX & 3D.

& How is DK a gamechanger for superhero films? What has it brought new to the genre.
It was a well directed & written superhero film, no doubt. But what has it actually changed for the genre? The only thing it did was remain more faithful to the tone of the original material than its predecessors.
I never said Nolan anything close to a god of directors, he's not my favorite or even close. From what I saw though I like him more then Arnofsky. I got confused with inception, it's been 2 years since I saw it. I guess the visuals were so beautiful it made me remember it as a 3D film . And Dark Knight is the first superhero movie I've seen where the superhero isn't all that super. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only other SH movie I remember where the superhero isn't all that loved is the incredibles, and that's a kids film.

I never said Nolan anything close to a god of directors
BUT WAIT I thought he did so much for the industry?!?!
And Dark Knight is the first superhero movie I've seen where the superhero isn't all that super.
Stop while you're ahead

I love Nolan a lot more than Aronofsky, but you really can't comment on the poll, I think, if you've only seen one Aronofsky film. Especially if it just happens to be his latest film. Directors change their style throughout all of their films and Aronofsky is certainly one of them. Pi had a completely different style than some of his newer films like The Fountain or The Wrestler. Nolan is the same way, Memento is nothing like The Dark Knight or Inception.

So Michael Bay is the best director of all, cos everywhere people are talking about his movies.. I hear you man.. I got your point.
Transformers is more talked about than Hugo, so Michael Bay has given more to the film industry than Scorsese.
& ofcourse Transformers was a gamechanger to Giant Robot movies, as compared to the Full Moon films.

I hear you man, you're a smart fellow, you should write a book about films.

Also, I'll tell you something that happened to me in the 5th grade, maybe then you can write my biography.