Who is your favorite film critic ever and why?

Tools    

John Ford rocks!!!
My fav is Pauline Kael because she new just what to say. She was also feisty and liked what she liked and hated what she hated. She was a real pro.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Pauline Kael was certainly a knowlegable critic and excellent essayist. She was able to champion certain critically-underappreciated films (Bonnie and Clyde and Last Tango in Paris to name two) and have them seen in a new light by other critics. She especially held sway over her fellow New York critics, especially in deciding who to hand out awards to. She was certainly the first "critic" whose books I bought. Unfortunately I haven't read many of the critics from Cahiers du cinéma although I've read some of François Truffaut's work. Of course, those guys are considered to have developed the auteur theory, so I guess it depends how seriously to take that which might influence how much you like them.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
My favourite critic would be the Nostalgia Critic from thatguywiththeglasses.com I know he's not a proper professional and his videos are a bit satirical and slapstick; not anything like film critic legends like Siskel and Ebert but he has inspired me enough to want to be an entertainment critic someday