Looper

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Official Synopsis:

Time travel will be invented, but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they send their target 30 years into the past, where a “looper”—a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt)—is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good. . . until the day the mob decides to “close the loop,” sending back Joe’s future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination. the film is written and directed by Rian Johnson and also stars Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, and Jeff Daniels. Ram Bergman and James D. Stern produce.

Suspect's Reviews

Very excited about this. Good concept, good cast, and verrrryyy interesting that Rian Johnson's involved. I definitely wouldn't have guessed that, given all the other facts about the movie.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
This one has been on my radar for what seems like years now. As a huge fan of Levitt, Willis and Johnson's Brick it has a lot going for it. Plus the interesting sci-fi concept was always likely to grab me. Apparently the trailer is going to finally show up on April 12th

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Big fan of Rian Johnson's work so I will definitely be checking this out!!

Yep, heard about this about a year ago, then forgot about it when they said it wouldn't be released for over a year. But it does sound very exciting. I too am a big fan of Johnson's Brick and Joseph Levitt Gordon work in general so will be making sure I see this at the cinema.

paul dano, i wonder if he wants to dance again like in the little miss sunshine for this movie

They did something to Levitt's face for this, right? He looks different. I'm pretty sure they've got some subtle makeup on the face and around the jaw to make him look more, well, Bruce Willis-y, I suppose.

Why, you might even say he's 28% more Bruce Willis. Hey, that's not a bad phrase...

Yeah I was thinking that they did something to his face aswell. Not sure if it's the eyes or the hair or both, but yeah, a lil surreal looking. I think he might have a 5 o'clock shadow aswell, and I can't recall him EVER having one on screen.

Lol @ trailers for teaser trailers.

I've really found a liking to Levitt's other movies (particularly 50/50 and 500 days), and if the past is any indication, then this movie looks to be a good one.

Yeah eye colour changed to a lighter colour, darker/thicker eyebrows and a more prominent brow ridge from the look of the clips in the trailer.

I've really found a liking to Levitt's other movies (particularly 50/50 and 500 days), and if the past is any indication, then this movie looks to be a good one.
Watch him in The Lookout, Brick, Mysterious Skin, and Manic, if you haven't already seen them.

I'm excited, it just feels like September is so far away and we have to wait so long for it.

They did something to Levitt's face for this, right? He looks different. I'm pretty sure they've got some subtle makeup on the face and around the jaw to make him look more, well, Bruce Willis-y, I suppose.

Why, you might even say he's 28% more Bruce Willis. Hey, that's not a bad phrase...
Yeah I was thinking that they did something to his face aswell. Not sure if it's the eyes or the hair or both, but yeah, a lil surreal looking. I think he might have a 5 o'clock shadow aswell, and I can't recall him EVER having one on screen.

Lol @ trailers for teaser trailers.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt IS Bruce Willis in the NEW Looper trailer
If you've never remarked upon the likeness between Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis, then... well, we wouldn't blame you - we haven't either.

Somehow, though, JGL is playing a younger version of Bruce in new movie Looper, helped out with some prosthetics and blue contact lenses to create a pretty eerie effect!

The time travel thriller stars Joseph as a man on the hunt for his future self, after being unable to do his job and kill him - or, himself - when he is sent back through time. We know, it's confusing - it becomes a bit more clear when you watch the trailer though...

Emily Blunt also stars in the movie, although she's not focused on in this trailer, but she's rocking blonde hair for her role.

Joseph says that this film is his "favourite thing" he's ever done... and he's made Inception AND The Dark Knight Rises, so that's pretty impressive.
http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/joseph-...163000753.html