Casting Chemistry

Tools    

Neutral Milk Hotel
In My Opinion the best is Gary Sinise and Tom Hanks
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Originally Posted by Lance McCool
Robert DeNiro and Charles Grodin in Midnight Run

Put me in your pocket...
I see some really nice choices. Love seeing Myrna Loy and William Powell, Vera-Ellen and Danny Kaye and all of the great buddy combo's that you all have posted.

I may step on a few toes, but I have to add something to the chemistry dud pile....

Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones.
I finally watched this last week (1st-time) and couldn't believe how mis-matched they were. There was absolutely NO chemistry between these two and it made their terribly forced, rushed and unbelievable love story even worse. Christensen in particular, was like a plank of wood.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones.
I finally watched this last week (1st-time) and couldn't believe how mis-matched they were. There was absolutely NO chemistry between these two and it made their terribly forced, rushed and unbelievable love story even worse. Christensen in particular, was like a plank of wood.

They were only in one movie together, but I love Elliott Gould and George Segal in Robert Altman's California Split (1974). Two of my favorite actors from the '70s, they're at their best playing a pair of loser, degenrate gamblers who meet and fall in with each other through various betting scenes, and are fantastic playing off each other in Altman's loose, improvisational atmosphere. The bit at the bar where they drunkenly try and name all of the seven dwarfs is perfection.

"Dumbo was not in that cast?"
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor are great together.

Gary Oldman AND Tim Roth IN
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Luke & Owen Wilson

Harrison Ford & Tommy Lee Jones

Robert Deniro & Joe Pesci

John belushi and Dan Akroyd

Suspect's Reviews

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
They were only in one movie together, but I love Elliott Gould and George Segal in Robert Altman's California Split (1974).
Elliott Gould and Donald Sutherland in MASH
George Segal and Barbra Streisand in Owl and the Pussycat
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Originally Posted by TwentyOne
Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor are great together.

Robert Redford and Brad Pit...I loved them in Spy Game. I think they make a good team again.
Redford and Newman...Butch and Sundance

I thought everyone was perfect for their role and meshed together brilliantly. I especially liked Cate Blanchett (Elizabeth I) and Geoffrey Rush (Sir Francis Walsingham) together.
Geoffrey Rush and Kate Winslet in Quills

Winslet is great with about anybody. Leonardo in Titanic, Harvey Keitel in Holysmoke, Jim Carey in Spotless Mind

My would be Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie !

What about yours? Please let me know

Clint Eastwood/Sandra Locke

this has been done before yes?

Thanks, babe! I love merging. Now to figure out who posted a picture from a site that wants us to log in. That'll be gone soon.

For an answer to the thread. Here's a shocker . . .

Foul Play (1978)

Seems Like Old Times (1980)

Great, now that song's in my head again.