The Amazing Spider-Man

Tools    

Semper Fooey
My focus was more on the actor. He didn't look like Peter Parker in the first picture of him when he got the part. Now he does.

Apparently Garfield used to be a gymnast. Might come in handy for the role. Meh, not fussed about this at all. Never been a fan of the Raimi versions although I did find the 2nd one quite entertaining in places. Dunno about this director, never even heard of him but I do know that Garfield should do as good a job as Maguire did. Saw him in a film called Boy A and he was excellent. First I had seen him in anything. I really need to catch Social Network before it disappears completely.

Its the director of 500 Days Of Summer directing The Best Supporting Actor Of The Social Network, The Acclaimed British Actor Who was in Mr Nice & HP7A and The New Star Of Hollywood From The Acclaimed Comedy of Easy A. I'm Signed & The Pic helped me choose.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Never been a fan of the Raimi versions although I did find the 2nd one quite entertaining in places.
I loved the first Spider-Man, when it first came out. Now, I can't even stand to watch it. Same goes with Spider-Man 3. However, Spider-Man 2, is the most watchable of the three. Raimi did a great job with that one.

As for this new take, I'm interested to see what they can do, and what direction they can take it in.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I loved the first Spider-Man, when it first came out. Now, I can't even stand to watch it. Same goes with Spider-Man 3. However, Spider-Man 2, is the most watchable of the three. Raimi did a great job with that one.

As for this new take, I'm interested to see what they can do, and what direction they can take it in.
funny with trilogies I always find the second part least interesting because it takes you nowhere Bourne Supremacy(not that interesting like the Ultimatum) The two towers same thing even Empire strikes back(except the I am your father part) but I must admit that Spider-man 2 was the best of them all in 1 the story was developing too slow and 3 was just ridiculous. I hope the reboot will be more interesting hope they throw you right into the action couse we know how it all starts

Semper Fooey
The vanilla pudding director goes against the trend of picking quirky independent directors for superhero movies, but after disliking the reboot idea i'm getting a good vibe. The casting of the main players so far seems right. If the script is solid, the director may not matter much if he is competent. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the rumor the Lizard is the villain. I'm hoping they add another villain and it is Kraven the Hunter who would fit in as someone out to capture or kill both the Lizard and Spiderman.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm hoping they add another villain and it is Kraven the Hunter who would fit in as someone out to capture or kill both the Lizard and Spiderman.
Yes, but we don't want another Spider-Man 3, on our hands.

However, Spider-Man 2, is the most watchable of the three. Raimi did a great job with that one.

Yeah, EASILY the most watchable out of the three.

I agree it would be interesting to see how they interpret Spiderman, but I can only see it going one direction. Darker. And darker doesn't always guarantee better these days.. We'll have to wait and see.

Its the director of 500 Days Of Summer
I didn't realise he directed 500 Days Of Summer. I really liked that film. Slightly more optimistic.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The 10 yr old in me that was raised up on the toon version would love to see Rhino, the flying dutchman and Mysterio realized, but tbph i have no idea how they can do it without it looking ridiculous.

&feature=related

After the cast, I'm looking forward to this now.

Sorry, I don't like the new suit. I get that they're going with the logic that it's something that a highschooler could create with no real experience in sewing or fabric work, but it looks to me almost a sequence material, and the interlacing of blue on the gloves, scrapping of the red around the waist-line is too much tampering with the basic design of the costume. Honestly, I don't see the point of this. We get to see uncle Ben killed again, Peter lamenting his mistake again, and possibly the LIzard, which after seeing Doc Ock, and Venom (albeit a disappointing rendition) seems like a step down in terms of scale. Granted, I was disappointed with all three Raimi films, I'm not seeing anything yet that really fills me with much faith in Sony, Webb, or Garfield. If they are willing to drastically alter the very likeness, which fans relate to the character, to separate this from the last films and I would assume to be more "cinematic," I can only imagine what other liberties will be taken as well.

...uh the post is up there...

There's a few good Spider Man villains they could use.

Chameleon
Electro
Spot
Lizard
Tombstone

Didn't Mary Jane at one point get superpowers and become Spider Man's enemy? Think she was called Arachne or something like that. If so that would be a cool twist to the movie series.

The Spider Man movie franchise is pretty good but I would like to see it be more dark and sinister.

Spider-man isn't supposed to be "dark" though, and I fear that the post Dark Knight mentality has crept into this film's production. There are storylines and villains that have a serious or more violent tone, but Spidey himself is supposed to be generally a smart-ass, even when faced with grim odds.

I'd like to see Scorpion and/or Mysterio.

Semper Fooey
I don't know how dark this version can be with that skinny guy with the baby face (which is good).

Should be better than the Green Hornet.

No, no more Spiderman movies!!
the third one was bad enough to tarnish spidey's image, let it end there and not beat the image so much that no one ever dares make a movie on it in future.

"Live forever or die trying"
Completely agree with "TheUsualSuspect", they need to make the film not for sake of the series but just for the fact that the 3rd movie left a bad test in everyone mouth, they tried to incorporate to much into the film, you can space the series out for decades if they really wanted to.