Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser

Tools    

I see nobody has spotted Splinter in that pic yet though... I notice though that Splinter has both ears.

What I meant was concept art tends to be completely different from what ends up on screen. These look pretty close to what they're going with.

I'm getting from all these pics and trailers that they haven't nailed the essence of what it really means to be a mutated turtle who practices martial arts and enjoys pizza... They haven't captured the angst of the teenage mutant ninja turtle condition. I think perhaps it would have been better suited to a 3 hour black & white art film chronicling the daily travails of turtle life in the big city, dealing with the banal details of turtlean neurosis while being mentored by a sewer rat.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

"Like shadows in the night, completely unseen"
"What was that?"
"It's a camera flash"

"Hey look, he's doing his Batman voice"
"Back off, Raph!"

Looks like The Shredder is going to be cool as well, after all.

I am so looking forward to this now.

And did I see Splinter with a sword? Yeah Baby!!

The 10 year old in me is excited now.

I'm wondering who the guy in the shadows is... Sachs is talking to him about upgrading his armour... so, Erik Sachs isn't a rewritten Oroku Saki? He's actually a guy who is working alongside The Shredder?

Feeling intrigued at this prospect.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Loved the new trailer. Shredder looks bad ass

Been picking apart the trailers...

Now, the most recent trailer a couple posts above ^^ has Fichtner's character (Erik Sachs) talking to a shadowy figure. Fichtner was initially said to be a new take on The Shredder, even so far as using the name Erik Sachs in place of Oroku Saki... but he's talking about upgrading armour to this other guy...
Screen pic... notice the facial bone structure? Definitely Asian.

Secondly, I've found the first trailer that was released back in March... and there seems to be a possible twist in storyline...

WARNING: "TMNT" spoilers below

Erik Sachs talking to April in the first trailer from March:
"People want justice restored to the world. People want Heroes, Miss O’Neil.
But Heroes are not born… they are created. That’s what your Father and I were trying to do. Create Heroes."

So, Sachs and April's Father were behind some sort of genetic experimenting? Saki was behind the TCRI Ooze anyway in some TMNT incarnations, but, O'Neil's Dad as well?

The other thing could be down to editing... if they edit together one conversation with April... and another conversation with Saki... it could appear that April's Dad was part of the Ooze origin.

However... still... who is this "Father" that Erik is talking about? If it is a case of editing to throw the audience off the trail...
My guess is a possibly rewritten Oroku Nagi... who was originally Saki's Brother in the original graphic novels who was in constant competition with Hamato Yoshi, Splinter's old Master.
Could he be the key to the film? Nagi is back in the story but as Saki's Dad instead of Brother, killed by Yoshi and Saki wants revenge...

A third possibility is Karai... who was Oroku Saki's Daughter is some of the alternate stories of TMNT. However this is unlikely as the guy Erik is talking to is a Dude.

Also, with Erik Sachs and the Foot working in genetic experimentation... will we see Bebop and Rocksteady? Jonathan Liebesman has stated they aren't in this film, so will they show up in the inevitable sequel?

Let's not forget though, that TMNT has been rewritten and twisted numerous times... even the original cartoons had little continuity to them.

Exciting stuff...