The Election News and Predictions Thread

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The oldest is about 30 years, about half of them are within the last decade or so, and the most recent is three years ago. Not to mention that we have him on tape literally saying he does exactly the things he's being accused of.
NYTimes says it's too little too late...

Could Mr. Trump face legal jeopardy over the groping allegations that have emerged, and that he denies?

No, because the statute of limitations has expired. In New York, the statute of limitations for a misdemeanor prosecution is two years from the act, and one year for filing a lawsuit. In Florida, it is two years for a misdemeanor prosecution and four years for a lawsuit. “None of the conduct I’ve heard about would seem to still be actionable under civil or criminal law,’’ said Tamara Rice Lave, a former public defender who now teaches at the University of Miami law school, “which means the alleged victims can’t recover anything directly from Trump.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/us...-say.html?_r=0

For legal purposes, sure. Not for questions of morality or character, though.

Not to mention how hysterical it would be for Trump's supporters to use the exact same legalistic standard of innocence Hillary did, and which they pilloried her for.

But wait, my bad, that's "giving them a taste of their own medicine," and not rank hypocrisy. Because reasons.

BLUE and RED misdemeanors, tit for tat. I'm getting a good dose of BLUE morality and character from several major metropilitan areas, as we speak.

Of course.... 'cause Hillary's so perfect being married to Bill Clinton and best friends with Huma Abedin.
I wasn't justifying Hillary supporters, so much as rejecting a generalization.

Anybody that wants to think Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are respectful to women, in any capacity, you are completely wrong. They both are adulterers, and are accused of heinous acts. There is no difference between the two. Zero, thats why they were friends.

Hillary Clinton is not that. She probably defended her husbands career so that she still had one, and more probably is in a syndrome that wives go thru with husbands continuing infidelity. Shes not a sex trafficker, or sending out "cleaners" like Winston Wolf in Pulp Fiction.

Both Bill & Donnies horndog days are over. Theyre old! Bills had tons of therapy, and 0 instances since. Trumps married a hot model. Hell, people dont have to worry about Trump getting shot, hes 70, Melania might do him in one passionate night.

We can spend the next 4 years arguing about this unimportant babble, which none of it is our business, or really focus on if Donald Trump can do this job to our true satisfaction.

We dont want to be distracted for 4 years with stuff like this, do we?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A handful of friends are sending me messages, and a few of them want to Skype... Most are pretty pissed and concerned. I guess they still had hope for the world, but then again, they live in countries like Sweden, Netherlands, Canada, etc.

Then again, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of the US foreign policy which is to kill first, and make up a story later.

A handful of friends are sending me messages, and a few of them want to Skype... Most are pretty pissed and concerned. I guess they still had hope for the world, but then again, they live in countries like Sweden, Netherlands, Canada, etc.

Then again, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of the US foreign policy which is to kill first, and make up a story later.
Yeah, we have really been sticking it to those Canadians and Swedes. Hey, we're America you know. They think they own the snow or something?

False, again. Here's a list of the outstanding accusations against Trump. The oldest is about 30 years, about half of them are within the last decade or so, and the most recent is three years ago. Not to mention that we have him on tape literally saying he does exactly the things he's being accused of.
You're so busy caught up being dorky and analytical the joke flew over your head

I'm with you Topsy. No doubt more harassment charges will come out in the future against Trump and some will go to court. It could be his downfall.
Oh-em-gee you're right, I found the next one!

You actually began that response with "False!" Does your analytical mind actually need a joke explained to you

I mean lord some of you guys must lead boring lives, it's like talking to robots sometimes

Robots and cyborgs are the future, nostromo. We need to start communicating as them.

You actually began that response with "False!" Does your analytical mind actually need a joke explained to you
Nope. But you didn't create that, correct? Which means whoever created it didn't mean it as a response to Citizen. They meant it as an actual description of what's taken place. And since you refuse to provide your own response, this is literally all there is to go on.

Also, protip: using "analytical" as if it were a pejorative isn't a great look.

I mean lord some of you guys must lead boring lives, it's like talking to robots sometimes
Yeah, I'm a total square, not intuitively connecting sexual assault with hilarity.

Im seeing all this from other peoples quotes (thanks ) and this is the second time Nostros going out of his way to brag on his "cool" life. I think its more indicative of a Faccionado fantasy life

Well I'm saying it is dorky to be such an over-analyzer about everything.

It's also questionable to be spreading such fear and doubt about the new leader of our fine country. It's in our best interest for him to be successful, although it is easy to sense all the negative energy here especially from Tongo who seems to only find some twisted form of pleasure in trying to tear down Trump and his supporters.

Washington Post: Trump draws sharp rebuke, concerns over newly appointed chief White House strategist Stephen Bannon

Story link

President-elect Donald Trump's decision to appoint Stephen Bannon as his chief strategist in the White House has drawn a sharp rebuke from political strategists who see in Bannon a controversial figure too closely associated with the “alt-right” movement, which white nationalists have embraced...

...the alt-right, a fringe conservative movement saturated with racially insensitive rhetoric and elements of outright white nationalism.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, a hate-watch group, has accused Breitbart of explicitly embracing ethno-nationalism. After Bannon's elevation was announced, the law center tweeted several controversial stories written by Breitbart under Bannon's control, including a piece published two weeks after the mass killing at a black church in Charleston, S.C., last year: “Hoist it high and proud: the confederate flag proclaims a glorious heritage.”

“Stephen Bannon was the main driver behind Breitbart becoming a white ethno-nationalist propaganda mill,” the law center wrote via Twitter in its first statements on Bannon’s elevation...

Bannon’s personal history also has been mired in controversy. Shortly after he joined the Trump campaign, court documents revealed that his ex-wife, Mary Louise Piccard, had accused Bannon of domestic violence and anti-Semitic language in 2007...

“The biggest problem he had with Archer is the number of Jews that attend,” Piccard said in a statement to the court. “He said that he doesn't like the way they raise their kids to be 'whiny brats' and that he didn't want the girls going to school with Jews.” Bannon has denied the accusations.

Ben Shapiro, a former Breitbart editor who worked closely with Bannon, called him a “legitimately sinister figure” in an article he published on the Daily Wire after Bannon joined the Trump campaign.
“Many former employees of Breitbart News are afraid of Steve Bannon. He is a vindictive, nasty figure, infamous for verbally abusing supposed friends and threatening enemies,” Shapiro wrote.

Well I'm saying it is dorky to be such an over-analyzer about everything.
I'm pretty sure he already knows, see link...

http://www.movieforums.com/community...78#post1584378

I just picture Yoda as Steve Buscemi, at times very annoying, but likable. That works for me.

Yes. The "Rabid Right" - remember their riots in 2008 and again in 2012?

Remember the vandalism - all those businesses attacked? And the cars set on fire? Remember the innocent bystanders assaulted by anti-Obama protesters; people pulled from their cars and beaten, homeless people assaulted, people shot during the riots? And the Molotov cocktails thrown at police? Remember universities actually cancelling exams and classes because Romney-supporting students were too "traumatized" to attend class? Remember how liberal universities had "cry-ins" and had to hire grief counselors for students? Remember the ads on Craigslist offering to pay protesters to fuel hate and division after those elections where Obama won?

What? What's that? You DON"T remember any of that? That's odd...

Oh, maybe because it never happened from the "Rabid Right" ... sure, maybe people weren't happy with the results, but most of them just grumbled to their co-workers, accepted the system, and went on with life.

Unfortunately, the Liberal Left can't say the same...

http://theduran.com/anti-trump-prote...slist-reveals/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/n...ions/93707510/

http://www.inquisitr.com/3712055/ant...rtland-bridge/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...-trump-protest

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...tation-n682896

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2869067

http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/10/co...or-students-tr

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc...after_election

There are now so many news reports about anti-Trump "protesters" attacking people, assaulting police and committing vandalism that there is no way to keep up with them all. And now we find out that the same Hillary insiders who admitted to hiring "professional protesters" to create chaos at Trump rallies are still hiring them to take to the streets to fight police, harass the public, stop emergency vehicles from getting to injured people and committing vandalism & other crimes.

There are now so many news reports about anti-Trump "protesters" attacking people, assaulting police and committing vandalism that there is no way to keep up with them all. And now we find out that the same Hillary insiders who admitted to hiring "professional protesters" to create chaos at Trump rallies are still hiring them to take to the streets to fight police, harass the public, stop emergency vehicles from getting to injured people and committing vandalism & other crimes.
Wheres the link/proof for that?

What? What's that? You DON"T remember any of that? That's odd...

Oh, maybe because it never happened from the "Rabid Right" ... sure, maybe people weren't happy with the results, but most of them just grumbled to their co-workers, accepted the system, and went on with life.

Unfortunately, the Liberal Left can't say the same...
I don't remember any protests after Bush was elected either. I do remember the eight years of doomsday prophecies about Obama destroying our country. I remember the lies about Obama and I certainly remember the hatred. It's hard to forget since it's still ongoing. So let's elect Trump because he talks big, and who cares if he has zero experience and zero qualifications, and has spent his entire life concerned solely with his own vanity and ego. I can't possibly see why anyone would be outraged by this.