Your most anticipated films of 2012-2013?

Tools    

This is a list of films I actually look forward to watching (list yours):

Act of Valor - saw it March 1st. Has my highest recommendation.
John Carter - saw it March 9th. Best film of its genre in decades.
Prometheus
Only God Forgives
Wettest County - (renamed LAWLESS)
The Dark Knight Rises
Total Recall
Skyfall
Gravity
Django Unchained
Les Misérables
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Rush - (Ron Howard)
Pacific Rim - (Guillermo del Toro)
After Earth - (M. Night Shyamalan)
The Lone Ranger - (Gore Verbinski)
Robopocalypse - (Steven Spielberg)
The Wolverine - (James Mangold) might be okay
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo - (David Fincher)
Riddick - (David Twohy)
The Hobbit: There and Back Again - (Peter Jackson)

...and some others I don't know about yet, I am sure.

Most anticipated: Prometheus

I also want to see Rampart, which releases Feb 10 in the U.S..

Only a handful for me: Prometheus, Dark Knight Rises, Man Of Steel, both Hobbit movies.

Other than that there's not much that's taken my interest.

I might go and see The Thing prequel when it's out though.

Been using this website: http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2012/

Moviesdig.com Founder
Superman hobbit and dark knight rises, arr the best ones i look forward to. Spiderman probably wont be so good, they keep sending him back to high scbool to the moment he got bit by spider.

-Osman
Moviesdig dot com Founder

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Definatly Promithrious, Dark Knight Rises, The Hobbit movies and The Wolverine so far. Im sure theres loads more I just cant think off the top of my head.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Dark Knight Rises
Superman: Man Of Steel
Arrested Development movie

With out a doubt the Hobbit!

Prometheus, The Hobbit, and The Dark Knight Rises. There's tons of stuff I have an interest in, but don't have me ready for opening day excited like those. The Avengers, Skyfall, and Robopocalypse have me interested, but they can wait for Rotten Tomatoes scores before I go see them.

But my number one is probably Gravity. I loves me some Alfonso Cuaron. That man can do no wrong in my eyes.

Butterflies Forever
Hi,

I think the first movie I will be heading off to the theater to see this will will be Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. after that I am not sure yet.

Sami

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
The Dark Knight Rises, The Bourne Legacy, The Hunger Games, The Avengers

Here's a top 5:

A thread 17 posts long and no one has mentioned The Master. Five years post There Will Be Blood, P.T. Anderson has almost completed his new film, which is about the following: "A 1950s-set drama centered on the relationship between a charismatic intellectual known as "the Master" whose faith-based organization begins to catch on in America, and a young drifter who becomes his right-hand man." It's my most anticipated film of the year.

Another one I'm longing to see is Jacques Audiard's Rust & Bone (October 2012). Audiard has been writing and directing quality films since the 90s (Un héros très sécret, Sur Mes Lèvres, De Battre Mon Coeur S'est Arrêté), but really gained universal praise and fame with the 2009-released Un Prophète, which was arguably the best film of the year. I have no idea what the upcoming Rust & Bone will be about, but it's starring Marion Cotillard and Belgium's very own Matthias Schoenaerts, so naturally I will be there when this one premiers in Belgium.

Given that I am a massive, massive fan of Andrew Dominik and Brad Pitt's last cooperation The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford (2007), I am truly looking forward to Cogan's Trade (September 2012). It's about a mob enforcer who is hired to hunt down the robbers of a mafia-sponsored high stakes poker game. This could well be another crime / action flick, but here's hoping it ends up being a Heat-style masterpiece.

I hope to Gawd Wong Kar-Wai's The Grandmasters finally sees the light of day in 2012. This is the story of the legendary martial arts instructor Ip Man who taught Bruce Lee the ropes. Kar-Wai's previous effort (My Blueberry Nights, 2008) was rather dissapointing, but this is still the man who directed Chungking Express, 2046 and In The Mood For Love. It is set to star the great Tony Leung and the fight scenes are to be choreographed by the same man responsible for those in Kill Bill and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

I wasn't crazy about Alfonso Cuaron's Children of Men (2006), but am fairly excited about the upcoming sci-fi thriller Gravity (November 2012). It's about two astronauts who try to make their way back to Earth after something 'bad' happened to their space station. This one might actually be worth seeing in 3D, because Cuaron consulted James Cameron and Guillermo Del Toro. Furthermore, he collaborated with the all-time great cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki (The New World, The Tree of Life).

And some other ones:
  • Argo (Affleck)
  • Brave (Andrewd & Chapmen)
  • Cosmopolis (Cronenberg)
  • The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)
  • Dark Shadows (Burton)
  • The Dictator (Charles)
  • Django Unchained (Tarantino)
  • The Great Gatsby (Luhrmann)
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Jackson)
  • Inside Llewyn Davis (the Coen brothers)
  • Les Miserables (Hooper)
  • Lincoln (Spielberg)
  • Moonrise Kingdom (W. Anderson)
  • Prometheus (R. Scott)
  • Skyfall (Mendes)
  • Kill Bin Laden (Bigelow)
  • The Wettest County (Hillcoat)
  • Great Hope Springs (Frankel)