Female Beauty We Appreciate

Tools    

I looked for pics of Twiggy, and ran into a page where this girl makes herself look like famous movie characters. Check this out, it's all the same girl.

Audrey Hepburn in 'Sabrina'

Elizabeth Bennet of 'Pride and Prejudice'

'Girl with a Pearl Earring'

Snow White

Scarlett O'Hara in 'Gone with the Wind'

Daisy Buchanan from 'The Great Gatsby'

Twiggy

I just caught Body Heat on TV, and was reminded of just how attractive Kathleen Turner really was. She had almost a Lauren Bacall thing going on.

Oh yeah, Eleanor Tomlinson is stunning! And a redhead!

Lisa Loring:

Ricci photoshop:

Jessica Chastain:

Joan Severance Oh, when I was younger I wanted to give her some severance pay! See what I did there? Okay, I know, I know!

Jean Shrimpton: I remember her as being one of the very first supermodels. What a doll in her prime.

Celebrity imitator: Very nice!

Kathleen Turner: I'd go out of my way to see movies with her in them. So fine in her time.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Dorothy Dell 1934. Lookin' pretty feisty

Dorothy Dell 1934. Lookin' pretty feisty

Thanks Dani for posting that pic. I didn't know who it was, so I read about her and she has a tragic story...Are you a fan of hers or just find the pic? I've never heard of her, though she was in Little Miss Marker with Shirley Temple and was on the fast track to becoming a big star back in the 1930s.

I'll have to watch one of her movies, she only made 3! that's the same number as James Dean and sadly they have more in common.

Dorothy Dell...began entering beauty pageants when she was a teenager and in 1930 she was crowned Miss Universe. She moved to New York City where she appeared in The Ziegfeld Follies.

At the age of eighteen she went to Hollywood and was quickly signed by Paramount Studios. She was given a prominent role in the 1934 film Wharf Angel. Her performance earned rave reviews and critics predicted Dorothy would become a big star.

In the Spring of 1934 it was announced she would play the lead in the drama Now and Forever. Dorothy's career was taking off and she had finally found true love. She became engaged and was busy planning her wedding.

On June 8, 1934 she attended a party and while driving home at 1:00 AM the car hit a boulder and flipped over several times. Dorothy was killed instantly. She was just nineteen years old.
Damn sad

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I didnt know who she was either, CR. She came up on an art deco page I follow. I read about her as well - truly tragic, and poor little Shirley was heart broken.

Dorothy Dell, another one of the "what-ifs" of Hollywood, if they hadn't met with tragedy. Very attractive woman.

Since we're touching on ladies of Hollywood past, here's a woman I thought was very beautiful. I've seen a few movies with her and need to see more. Jennifer Jones:

...Since we're touching on ladies of Hollywood past, here's a woman I thought was very beautiful. I've seen a few movies with her and need to see more. Jennifer Jones...
Dadgum, what movies have you seen her in?

This might just do nobody any good.
Keeping up with the classic theme - Gene Tierney

Girl could break a man with that look.

Also, for some reason I never think of actors or actresses from this era as being totally jacked but Tierney had some abs back then -

Keeping up with the classic theme - Gene Tierney
I've made a few Gene Tierney posts myself on this thread in years past.

She was also my pick if they'd made a Wonder Woman movie in the 1940's (or to play WW in a fantasy Justice Society movie!)

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...00#post1485700

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...54#post1616654

This might just do nobody any good.
Interesting, I had her down as Catwoman in a 40s Batman movie.

Edit: not an actress from the past but someone who has the look: Ruth Negga.

Dadgum, what movies have you seen her in?
CR, I've seen her in Portrait of Jennie, The Song of Bernadette, Good Morning, Miss Dove, and her last movie where she was much older, The Towering Inferno. One movie I always wanted to see with her was Duel in the Sun where I understand her character was really trashy. But man, she was hot in the pics I've seen from that film:

I believe the third pic I posted of her was from Duel in the Sun. Let me know if I'm right because I don't think she slutted herself up like that in any other movie. But like I said, I haven't seen them all, so she could have I guess.

Interesting, I had her down as Catwoman in a 40s Batman movie.

Edit: not an actress from the past but someone who has the look: Ruth Negga.

I recently seen Ruth in Loving (2016) a movie that didn't get much notice but should have it's based on the true story of an interracial couple that were arrested in the 1950s in the south for getting married. Ruth was excellent in this.

Some more pics of her.

CR, I've seen her in Portrait of Jennie, The Song of Bernadette, Good Morning, Miss Dove, and her last movie where she was much older, The Towering Inferno. One movie I always wanted to see with her was Duel in the Sun where I understand her character was really trashy. But man, she was hot in the pics I've seen from that film.

I believe the third pic I posted of her was from Duel in the Sun. Let me know if I'm right because I don't think she slutted herself up like that in any other movie. But like I said, I haven't seen them all, so she could have I guess.
Yup, that's her from Duel in the Sun, which is a really good movie too. A few of her movies that you might like are: Since You Went Away (1944) she was real young in this one. Beat the Devil (1953) people often don't like seeing Humphrey Bogart in a comedy and it's kind of zany, but still fun. My favorite movie of hers is Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955) also this The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit (1956) is pretty good too.