Let The Right One In

→ in
Tools    

North American Scum!
Didn't see a thread about this so I decided to make one.

It's a Swedish film about a relationship between a strange girl and a strange boy. The twist? The girl is a vampire and she's killing off locals in order to quench her thirst.

All-in-all a very good film. Visually pleasing and satisfyingly creepy. There's some B-Grade CGI at one point in the film but that's all I can complain about. The basic story is fairly simple but it puts forth some deep ideas concering, love, sexuality, childhood and good and evil. And unlike the other vampire movie of 2008 (I'm of course refering to Twighlight) the myth of the vampire is wholly respected and kept intact.

Rumour has it someone is going to do an American remake but don't wait. If you don't mind subtitles watch this as soon as you can get your hands on it. Definetly one of the better movies of last year.

/

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This is an excellent Vampire flick and one of the best of 08.

Suspect's Reviews

JN1
Agree with the above posters - this is an excellent film.

Couldn't stop thinking of it for days after I saw it.

I posted my thoughts on this flick over in the "Best Of '08" thread,
but here it is without the cumbersomeness of the rest of the list:

Let The Right One In

Good horror movies come so rarely into my life. The same with good vampire movies. And the same also goes for good love stories (I refrain from using the term "romance movies" since I find Hollywood's idea of romance is always so impossibly & ridiculously fairy-tale-like). This movie is 2 outta 3 (Though there is some, it's very light on the horror). Told more in an adult manner, yet still with enough of an escapist sensibilty that is respective to the genre, this is a soft, beautiful & beguiling story (which is really saying something since I don't know what that word means) of two 12 year olds finding love for the first time thru the flaws of each of their separate (& sometimes desperate) life situations.
The characters are portrayed with such a down to earth awkwardness that is usually found with kids at this age & also with a longing that is so sincere & convincing, that I find myself agreeing with many who have seen this movie & have compared it to another vampire love story of this year; the 15 year old girls can have their Twilight. I'll take LTROI.

Its a big damn shame that this flick won't be nominated for best fereign film since apparently Sweden didn't submit it as their official selection this year. It sure was good too...

Chappie doesn't like the real world
It looks like I am not going to be able to see this until Feb.27th when they show it at a theater in town. I'm really pissed. I want it see it now!