The Videogames Tab

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Any of you guys like Zero Punctuation? It's rather funny, short 'reviews.' Good it is.

There's 4 pages of videos. This link, I'm posting is the 4th page. It's the older stuff, page 1, is the newest.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...tuation?page=4
Zero Punctuation is awesome I really like it.

You want to post like me?
I regret getting the MKvsDCuniverse game after watching the SF4 trailer.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

You ready? You look ready.
PC or 360, John? I wonder if they've patched the PC version lately? There was a bug in it (it had had a patch by this stage too) where the game routinely froze when I got into a lift (something to do with my sound card or another equally obtuse reason). It annoyed me so much that I got rid of the game but bought it again when I got my 360. Flawless.
360. I always buy games for the console these days because 9 times out of 10 they always work. They may not be as pretty as the PC version, but they work. I'm through with troubleshooting just to get a game to run well.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You want to post like me?
360. I always buy games for the console these days because 9 times out of 10 they always work. They may not be as pretty as the PC version, but they work. I'm through with troubleshooting just to get a game to run well.
Word. I do have some trouble with Fable 2 freezing though. And if you just go killing mobs to get xp, it doesn't autosave.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Just to let anyone who cares know...

The guys over at Criterion put out the Legendary Cars for Burnout Paradise yesterday. One is a Back to the Future-esque car (that hovers), one resembles Ecto 1, one resembles K.I.T.T (goes into Attack Mode) and the last is not necessarily the General Lee, but it does have the familiar horn.

Anyway, just thought I would share.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The People's Republic of Clogher
To be honest, I don't find a lot of difference (and I have a decent PC) with the way most games look. If I had a bigger monitor, possibly, but I don't. I keep meaning to connect the TV up to the PC but that would involve some actual effort as one of them needs to be moved...

I got SF4 earlier (which cost me all of 99p once I'd traded a few duds in) and it's either gonna be a long-term fixture in my collection or it'll end up getting traded from my hospital bed where I'll be admitted for severe thumb mangling. It looks wonderful and, this is the best part, is almost gimmick free.

Online challenges when you're in the middle of arcade mode are cool, though, but I wish I had actually played some Street Fighter in the last 10 years instead of VF and Tekken.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I had this for the PS2 and I loved it.
Yeah, I just beat it on Medium, and am now trying it on hard.

North American Scum!
Just finished Portal's main story recently. Amazing concept. Real shame it's so short. Nevertheless it's more proof that Valve is the closest thing to Jesus in the game developing world.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wow, see, I have this game and when I mentioned it (here, I think!, or maybe the Shoutbox), a bunch of people all griped about Steam attaching itself to this otherwise simple game like suckers on an octopus.

I'm VERY early in this game and seeing your post makes me want to get back to it. Maybe this weekend when I might have time later. Ha!

To be honest, I don't find a lot of difference (and I have a decent PC) with the way most games look. If I had a bigger monitor, possibly, but I don't. I keep meaning to connect the TV up to the PC but that would involve some actual effort as one of them needs to be moved...
I've hooked my PC up to my 32" LCD, and it is soo much more beautiful. However, it's more of a pain in the arse than what it's worth.

Back to games, I've recently grabbed a bunch off of eBay for quite a bargin.

Lost Odyssey (oh my God, so beautiful), LEGO Indiana Jones (for the co-op online), and Mercenaries 2 (also for the co-op online). I recently purchased a Gold Live card, so I wanted something to play with friends.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Okay, I am mostly a PC adventure gamer, so I have to ask a stupid question: What does "co-op" mean? I hear a lot of talk throwing this term around regarding games, but I haven't a clue what it means.

Okay, I am mostly a PC adventure gamer, so I have to ask a stupid question: What does "co-op" mean? I hear a lot of talk throwing this term around regarding games, but I haven't a clue what it means.
It stands for cooperative. Some games allow you to play the main campaign or a separate sideline with friends.

When it comes to hoe games look on the PC. Mods can enhance them. Like the newest Half Life 2 cinematic mod. It looks gorgeous. Though, I don't have a decent enough PC to play pong.

Portal is great, I loved it. It's a bit short, but very good, and the other modes are there.

Re-re-restarted Oblivion, just to get the story done, not as nice(graphically) as some of the newer games, but still a great game.

A system of cells interlinked
Wow, see, I have this game and when I mentioned it (here, I think!, or maybe the Shoutbox), a bunch of people all griped about Steam attaching itself to this otherwise simple game like suckers on an octopus.

I'm VERY early in this game and seeing your post makes me want to get back to it. Maybe this weekend when I might have time later. Ha!
Yup, Steam is ass, big time. Luckily, we can play Portal without it on the XBox 360.

Taccy and I were both complaining about it a few pages back, as we both tried to replay Half Life 2 on the PC, with both of us running into Steam-related problems.

Steam is an Orwellian nanny program meant to keep all us crimin...I mean...customers in line.

North American Scum!
Yup, Steam is ass, big time. Luckily, we can play Portal without it on the XBox 360.

Taccy and I were both complaining about it a few pages back, as we both tried to replay Half Life 2 on the PC, with both of us running into Steam-related problems.

Steam is an Orwellian nanny program meant to keep all us crimin...I mean...customers in line.
I've always liked Steam. If I run into any problems I may change my mind but so far everything has run smoothly and I've been using it for the past two months.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I have had it for 5 years, on and off my machine, depending on the games I have installed. At first, it was fine. After I had changed computers and re-installed some titles, I started having problems. Half Life 2 won't run on my comp anymore, as Steam shuts it down for whatever lame ass reason it decides on that day.

Sorry, but, companies that use their secure-ROM garbage to treat customers like criminals are B A D bad.