Watchmen

Tools    

Well my friend told me I did, but I don't remember ever doing it, so I just read it, and came up that he got it confused with another book. But, yeah the book so far is pretty multi-layered and complex, but I already knew some of the stuff that had happened. But I have no idea what happens in the end or anything, so that's good.
You probably won't get the whole experience of reading it then, to get the whole experience you basically really after no nothing about the book. I knew absoluteley nothing about, I didn't even know the whole story is focused around The Comedian's death too, I also didn't know that the whole story is basically told through flashbacks. I'm really glad I didn't know that though, because it just made me love it even more because it really surprised me.

Great news!

The first Watchmen TV Spot has been released, and best of all it has new footage!!!

You can view it here: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/watchmen/tv-spot-1

I really don't like Rorschach's voice with the whole: "The world will look up and shout safe. And I will whisper no." It sounds different from the third and first trailers.

Well I guarentee you that the movie version will sound comepletely different, seeing as it's different in the graphic novel (lets just hope they keep it the same for the movie). And the only new shot in that is Dr. Manhattan making that target thing on his forehead.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
WB and Fox have settled and the original release date is for sure.

thank god!

BANNED
WB and Fox have settled and the original release date is for sure.
Now comes word that a Los Angeles federal judge has pushed back the Watchmen trial date to January 20, 2009, after refusing to issue a ruling on whether Fox or Warner Bros. owned the proprietary rights to the groundbreaking graphic novel.

Talk about indecision.

The judge, Gary Allen Fees cited an impending criminal trial as the reason he was unable to make a ruling on the Watchmen case. Judge Fees also denied motions from both studios to make a pretrial summary judgment, stating that there was too much room for interpretation in the contracts between Fox and Watchmen Producer Larry Gordon, and that the matter would have to be fully examined and settled at trial.

If your memory is a bit fuzzy: the lawsuit in question was originally filed by Fox back earlier this year. The studio claims that Gordon never honored the full stipulations of a deal he struck with Fox back in the mid-90’s when he bought out the rights to Watchmen, thereby nullifying any transfer of ownership. No explanation why Fox waited so long to cry foul against Gordon and Warner Bros. (but it would be nice to have that particular question answered).

Since the lawsuit came to light, the rumor mill has churned out more conspiratorial explanations, like the assertion that Fox is really after the rights to certain Warner Bros. owned properties, namely the 1960’s Batman series, which Fox owns but can’t release on DVD, since Warner Bros. owns the character rights to Batman and all other DC Comics characters. Whether that particular explanation is true or not, most people agree that Fox is hoping to get some kind of scummy payday out of all this.

For now Warner Bros. is sticking to its claim that it has done no wrong, and as a show of conviction, they are still insisting that Watchmen will premiere in theaters on its previously slated release date of March 6, 2009. That puts only about six weeks between the start of the court proceedings and the release of the film!

In the meantime, what do you think about the lawsuit? Is January 20th going to be a day of high anxiety for you? (It will be for me: if Fox wins this lawsuit no telling what could happen to Watchmen.) Sound off and let us know where you stand.
Source: Variety (Via Screenrant.com)

North American Scum!
Just about to go to bed here and I noticed second TV spot is up along with character sketches. Go check them out on http://www.traileraddict.com.

TV spot's okay but my god how they butchered Rosarch's voice in his character trailer.

I'm honestly getting less and less hyped for this with each new tid-bit that gets released. I'm not even going risk further disappointment by watching any other character trailers.

Just about to go to bed here and I noticed second TV spot is up along with character sketches. Go check them out on http://www.traileraddict.com.

TV spot's okay but my god how they butchered Rosarch's voice in his character trailer.

I'm honestly getting less and less hyped for this with each new tid-bit that gets released. I'm not even going risk further disappointment by watching any other character trailers.
The character features are boring as Hell. However, the Comedian and Manhattan's have some brief new footage, along with the TV spot. Glad for this.

I love that you can just see the expression on The Comedian's face as he's falling to his doom, and I must say the shot of Laurie fighting those thugs in the alley had her looking pretty hot.

The character features are boring as Hell. However, the Comedian and Manhattan's have some brief new footage, along with the TV spot. Glad for this.
The character features aren't boring, especially Adrian Veidt's, his little brief score we get to hear is just amazing. The Comedian's and Rorchach's scores are also very great, but none of them compare to Veidt's score.

http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/01...ack-snyder.php

Snyder talks about changing the ending. I really hope he's joking , it dosen't seem like after all this talk about being faithful - he would actually change the ending. Then again I wouldn't really put it past him , he might have thought he changed Dawn of the Dead for the better.

I've own the GN, it's great. I hope the movie is just as great as the GN.

What are they going to replace
WARNING: spoilers below
The Giant Squid with?

WARNING: "watchmen" spoilers below

Adrian sets up lasers to make it look like Dr. Manhattan did it.

http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/01...ack-snyder.php

Snyder talks about changing the ending. I really hope he's joking , it dosen't seem like after all this talk about being faithful - he would actually change the ending. Then again I wouldn't really put it past him , he might have thought he changed Dawn of the Dead for the better.
Yep, I read that the other day, if you want to see what the ending is gonna look like, here it is:
WARNING: "Watchmen" spoilers below
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll193/idannyr/New%20Pics/aktmvl.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/fb9ahh.jpg

I've own the GN, it's great. I hope the movie is just as great as the GN.

What are they going to replace
WARNING: spoilers below
The Giant Squid with?
To see what the replaced the squid is, click the spoilers above. Incase you just want to know though,
WARNING: "Watchmen" spoilers below
Basically they just replaced it with some Jonenergy blasts, and Manhattan gets blamed for it all.

Thanks again. I just can't imagine Watchmen without the giant squid. I mean why do they need to replace it? I just don't see why.

Thanks again. I just can't imagine Watchmen without the giant squid. I mean why do they need to replace it? I just don't see why.
Ah well, I was pretty uspet at first too. But now I can see that the ending is still gonna have the same meaning, just without the squid. As long as the meaning is there I could actually care less about the squid. Like in that article, Zack Snyder said that if he was to include the squid, Watchmen would lose a lot of character development.

Well, I just hope they make a squid reference when the lazers start killing like Ozymandiaz should say "Oh my god! This is as scary as a giant squid" I think they should make the reference to the giant squid.