The Videogames Tab

Tools    

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Really surprised at the ease of the S rank so far. Essentially play the first time through as a reconnaissance mission. Then replay mission and run straight to objective. Cue, "They're gonna be telling stories about this one Boss."

I haven't analyzed the trophy list yet, but there has to be one for completing all mission objectives. That is where the challenge seems to lie. The last mission I played involved saving an engineer (massive spoiler, I know...please forgive me), which had a side objective of fultoning him out of the building through a hole in the roof.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I know a lot of people play MGS games like that (deliberately have the first run as a suicide mission) but I'm not one of them. If I die I restart at the last checkpoint and never choose to replay the mission.

Some people cheese Dark Souls like that too and I think it takes half the fun away.

Where abouts are you in the story? Spoiler-free obviously, but I'm knee deep in the tiny soldiers part.

Nothing has happened to progress the story so far. Then again, I don't bother listening to those cassette tapes. Probably about six story missions in, with all available side-ops completed. I just unlocked the ability to start building MB platforms.

My game play strategy is based on frugality more than anything. I may play a bit in the morning and then at night. More than likely, there will not be another game this solid until next year (sorry guys, don't like the Fallout Kool Aid). I'm trying to go through as slow as possible and that's the main reason I go back for S ranks...and the the ridiculous GMP yield. Probably gonna change my thoughts on trying to platinum this game, the time sink may be way too much.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Well, after 7 hours and 6 chapters, I can see why people love Half-Life 2 so much, truly one of best shooters made.

Nothing has happened to progress the story so far. Then again, I don't bother listening to those cassette tapes. Probably about six story missions in, with all available side-ops completed. I just unlocked the ability to start building MB platforms.

My game play strategy is based on frugality more than anything. I may play a bit in the morning and then at night. More than likely, there will not be another game this solid until next year (sorry guys, don't like the Fallout Kool Aid). I'm trying to go through as slow as possible and that's the main reason I go back for S ranks...and the the ridiculous GMP yield. Probably gonna change my thoughts on trying to platinum this game, the time sink may be way too much.
Yeah, I've only really got time right now to do one mission at a time. I'm on mission 21 (out of 50?) but have done a ton of side missions and have finally started to unlock A++ enemies to Fulton.

Quiet's sometimes OP in that she can take out a small base while you're sneaking around nicking materials and rescuing hostages but it seems to only be confined to the side missions. The story stuff is a lot more specific and she's a help if you use her properly but not a game changer.

I still think it might be the greatest action game of them all, in sheer, cohesive scope if nothing else.

At least you don't have to worry about mission 29 and 42 now.

Were those the bugged missions where you'd get a corrupt save if Quiet was your buddy?

Metal Gear Online doesn't look terrible this time round although I expect I'll play 5 minutes of it like I did MGS4's.

A system of cells interlinked
I see Shadows of Mordor on sale on Steam. Worth getting?

Totally. I never finished it but had a solid 20 hours of great Arkham style combat, and I'm not even a LOTR fan.

I'll go back to it some day.

I see Shadows of Mordor on sale on Steam. Worth getting?
Actually, you might want to buy it here - Link

Full game (Steam code) plus all the DLC for less than Steam are charging for the base game. Bundlestars are a legit official Steam key reseller, by the way. I've used them a lot.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Well, after 7 hours and 6 chapters, I can see why people love Half-Life 2 so much, truly one of best shooters made.
Glad you enjoyed it. It's the long ride that really makes it sing isn't it. Varied environments, layering of puzzles and abilities, nursing your ammo count, spending enough time with the characters that you don't want them to die. And that final feeling that you really are the little guy with his finger on the scales, making the difference in the middle of a big battle.

---

I spent my night being perversely cooperative in GTA. When the 'fling yourself from your car' challenge popped up again I happened to be in a cargobob. Made sense to give someone else a hand

Although ****, just realised it was the 'jump your car as far as possible' challenge. Ok, guess I was accidentally trolling. Dammit! (In the end their car derezzed so it's all academic )

The 'be the last person to be sitting on the moped' challenge was particularly tricksy. No co-op there! I'm quite liking the giant playground having an actual use though.

Were those the bugged missions where you'd get a corrupt save if Quiet was your buddy?

Metal Gear Online doesn't look terrible this time round although I expect I'll play 5 minutes of it like I did MGS4's.

Yeah. Burnt into memory by the 20 pages of notifications you have to sit thru on startup.

The online looks great...then I'll play it and after being woefully overmatched, never play it again.

Uncharted co-op is the only thing short of GT I have ever cared for.

That actually looks quite a cunning re-purposing of the stealth gear. Wouldn't have thought that could work, but the fultoning-tickets thing is kinda unique (and the co-op aspect of saving your buddies in time). Stealth seems OP (but then you add in interrogating an opponent to reveal everyone's location...). Intriguing anyway.

But yeah, online is always a rollercoaster. Cunningly unpredictable one minute, full of verbal cunnilingus the next.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Guys, I won't repeat what I already mentioned before, most of you already know what my channel is all about. A little bit back it went over 1.000 views, now I'm 3 subscribers short of getting to 100. If anyone is interested check it out here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHN...7maqyl707O_SOg

Cradle looks intriguing. Seems to fall into exposition overload later on, but the idea of the initial transhuman detective work definitely appeals.

---

I think this MGS online is tipping me over into full on jealousy now. That and the outpourings of praise . Sounds like the previous games aren't precisely my cup of tea, but with the exposition placed on 80s music cassette tapes, and the stealth writ completely open-world, and the amped-up silliness on the side, I'm pretty much sold . Watched some non-spoilery side-missions and it does look like a lot of fun, with more variety than just pure stealth in there, and lots of emergent possibilities.

With the PES 2016 being a paltry port think I'm gonna be scouring the sales for this as my September+ game. GMG have 25% off at the mo. Might just about be ready for the online by January

---

And partially due to being cast into the shadows by brighter lights, I think Mad Max ends up as a
, losing the +. Just too many generic elements and grind-loops that don't quite get off the ground. But definitely some fun romping in there, totally worth a bargain-buy . (*EDIT* But for lord's sake, don't over-level your health etc if you want any sort of challenge. Visit the druggie Griffa-token guy like 3 times then stay the hell away!)

And Rocket League? RL is like a
right now. Possibly with a plus on top . For what it is, they really nail it. It has ultimate 'one more game' appeal. Totally accommodates casual play and more serious online try-harding. Can't remember a game that's made me thrust my arms aloft at last-second success and applaud opponent's skill quite so often

Give Ground Zeroes a try. It's short and some of the extra missions give you invaluable gear for Phantom Pain. It'll also provide you with a useful grounding in the tangled lore of Big Boss.

I've just spent an hour on a boss fight, the first proper one so far where you can actually emerge victorious. Intense wasn't the word...

Also unlocked the FOB mechanic so I can invade other player bases. Not done any past the tutorial yet though.

Love the way your ACC fills up with photos and notes of your progress the further you advance the story:

And I'm also Noah.

Really surprised how far away my first support platform was built. I can only imagine how big this whole enchilada will be by game's end.