The Hobbit

Tools    

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Is it legal that this comes out the same year as Batman ?
Haha, it's forgivable since it will be split into 2 films: An Unexpected Journey (2012) and There and Back Again (2013)...

In the Beginning...
Here are all the production videos from Peter Jackson so far, if you haven't seen them. They're all incredibly awesome and you get a detailed look at the dwarves in the last one... and a few surprises too.

Big thanks for all these pics Sleezy, wouldn't have picked them up otherwise. Clearly can't remember reading The Hobbit (I was about 10) as don't remember all those dwarves

In the Beginning...
Yeah, I'm re-reading it now. It's been awhile. The dwarves are so non-descript and fundamentally similar in the book that the only two that really stand out are Thorin and Bombur (the latter simply because he's described as being really fat). So Peter Jackson and crew have really fleshed them all out, giving them differing costumes and personalities so they'll actually be discernible from each other. I think that's a smart move.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Thanks for the vids Sleezy. It's strangely nostalgic seeing the characters and sets coming together again. Like an old friend you havent seen in a long time.

If I wasn't particularly exited about the Hobbit before, I certainly am now.

It is definitely going to be an epic film all around. The pics look really good. Thanks!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I want to see this. It has Arthur Dent as the Hobbit. Gollum is in this one too, right?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Oh yes, Gollum and Bilbo will have a very key meeting during the story.

Gollum's in the book, so I'd hope he's in the movie too.

I'm a little scared to see this movie honestly. I love Tolkein books, and that made it hard for me to watch LOTR, and with all the apparent changes they're meant to be making with this movie well, I am worried that's all I can say. Still excited though!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Hobbit trailer arriving for Christmas

Nov 14, 2011

We’ve already been seeing teaser trailers for the line-up of films coming out next year, but what about Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit? Andy Serkis revealed to IGN that we should be seeing the first teaser trailer for the prequel as soon as this Christmas. ”There will be a trailer fairly soon, actually. Around Christmas time, I believe,” he said. The next big film WB is releasing this year will be Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows, we’ll probably see this trailer in front of The Adventure of Tin Tin, which has Jackson on as a producer. Although, that’s speculation, and has yet to be confirmed.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
First look at Bilbo in The Hobbit; Trailer next week
Dec 16, 2011

In the latest issue of Empire Magazine (via Comic Book Movies), a look at the “2012: The Best Year for Movies Ever” has given us our first look at Martin Freeman as young Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Also, WB has confirmed (via Comic Book Movies) the first trailer will play in front of The Adventures of Tintin next Wednesday. It’s unknown when it will debut online though.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey opens in December of 2012.
I want to see Tintin and now I want to see it really bad.

Greatly anticipating this two-part film.