I am going to watch at least one film everyday for a year...

Tools    

21st April Cont.

Pleasantville (1998, 124 mins) - I kind of lost interest in this movie, but I'm pretty tired so it might need a rewatch. I thought the concept was cool, and I thought the messages (as least what I perceived to be the messages were great) but the movie itself didn't interest me as much as I hoped. What ever your thoughts on the film?
My Rating: 76/100

The best thing about Pleasantville? Fiona Apple's cover of "Across the Universe", which I like more than the original. Love that girl.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I like Pleasantville. Its not a spectacular films by any means, but its quite enjoyable.

I liked the girl that had a crush on the main character and baked him cookies instead of the character she was supposed to bake them for. She was adorable and really liked him, but he just left her to go back to his world. It made me kinda sad for her. I really liked Pleasantville though.

22nd April 2014

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, 148 mins) - although, like I said before, Sci-Fi's aren't my thing, 2001 was pretty great. I enjoyed it despite becoming lost towards the end. Naturally, I looked up some explanations and I now have a fairly good idea of the film. It's a film that needs multiple watches I think. The acting was great and the visuals were amazing, especially for 1968. It's not going to make my top 10 but I did enjoy it and maybe after a rewatch or two in the future I may start liking it more.
My Rating: 90/100

Glad you liked it, too bad it won't make your top ten though.
It might after re-watches but I'm not sure it will. It's still great though.

2001: A Space Odyssey bored me a bit the first watch, the second time though I started to understand what was going on and I appreciated it a lot more. It's definitely not for everyone, because it doesn't try to appeal to a general audience or be entertaining. It's just sheer brilliance. True art will never be understood by very many people.

I'm glad you appreciated it Rhys.

Oh I did not know that. The other day at work I asked my co-worker if he knew who Stanley Kubrick was and he didn't. So I mentioned 2001, and he said no he didn't like it. That's the typical response I get from people today at least.

2001 was #1 at the box office for six weeks in 1968.
Which shows how many hippies in America were buying a ticket, getting stoned and then going back for the last 10 minutes.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Which shows how many hippies in America were buying a ticket, getting stoned and then going back for the last 10 minutes.
I saw it in the '60s and early '70s and most the people at the Saturday matinees were my age. It was number 1 the first three weeks and 3 of the next 7. I think the amount of druggies watching it when it first came out is greatly exaggerated. They did eventually flock to see it, but that was later when they changed the advertising and it was't #1.

18th April 2014 Cont.

Into the Wild (2007, 148 mins) - a beautiful and inspirational film with some great cinematography, acting and a fantastic story. This is something that I would like to do with my life, after university. I am very glad I watched this.
My Rating: 90/100

totally agree Into The Wild is one hell of a great movie .

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
20th April

The Terminator(1984,107min)
Verdict: 8.5/10

21st April

Terminator 2: Judgment Day(1991,137min)
Verdict: 8.8/10

22nd

Terminator 3:Rise of the Machines(2003,109min)
Verdict: 7/10

I didn't watch Terminator for a very long time,almost forgot what is happening ...And this is my first time watching 3 one so yea.

23rd April 2014

Harold and Maude (1971, 91 mins) - a very funny dark comedy. I'm glad I watched this even though the romance felt a bit weird. It's supposed I know but that part wasn't really for me, but only it only got really weird towards the end. The actual ending was good though. The last few minutes aren't as weird.
My Rating: 82/100

Btw, a little weird is a good thing. It just got a little overly weird at one point towards the end. My opinion though ofc.