The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
On Thursday Sarah and Brenda went on a bus tour of LA/Hollywood landmarks which I won as a member of TCM Backlot. After that they both bought cool sunglasses of which I'm modeling a pair here.

I am relaxed. I watched a nine hours long film today and I haven't been so content with myself in a long time. Gonna watch a 15 hours long Heimat next starting tomorrow.
I wish I had your concentration

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
cool sunglasses
Moondog, is that you?
I wish I had your concentration
I think I never get bored. Ever. Not just while watching films, but even in life. I only sometimes feel uneasy, or tired, or jaded, but never really bored.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

On Thursday Sarah and Brenda went on a bus tour of LA/Hollywood landmarks which I won as a member of TCM Backlot. After that they both bought cool sunglasses of which I'm modeling a pair here.
Marks shades are absorbing our coolness.

Pretty greedy considering Mark is already the coolest human being .

Pretty cool, as in cold considering his ratings for arthouse films...

You can't win an argument just by being right!

wigging it up a bit. and yes i use snapchat filters because it makes your skin look so much smoother
Stunning, Bi. And yes the snapchat filter does. One of my besties visited me in hospital way back (feels like an eternity) when Iwas in hospital either just before or just after xmas and sh took a selfie of us in the front grounds of the 'hotel' .Wow what a huge difference between very very sick and sick can make.

I bought a wig the other day. probably scratchey on my bald head but I've got little skull stockings for that so really should try it out. Bargain at $12 at my favourite salvation army store which has become such a hub of activity around me since I came home this time. I'm more of a hat person but nothing wrong with playing dress ups at any age and with any style, I say.

I saw a stunning vintage mink coat the other day which would really suit me, but I just cant justify the fact that beautiful animals were annally electrocuted for vanity. If it had been one animal who last century had been killed instantly by a huntress in the woods to feed her village I might have thought differently; I'm not sure.

Vintage sure has made a big comeback here.What about where you live?

Don't forget my arthouse ratings.
I always thought them condescending as in: "I generally don't like arthouse movies, and my regural rating for this one is pretty low too, but compared to other arthouse films this one was passable, so I will give it a higher arthouse rating". Dunno if this is your mindset when giving them, but it surely looks like it to me. I'd rather see just one low rating for a film than a division into a regular and arthouse ratings. I dread to think what happens if that arthouse film is also a cult one. :P

Stunning, Bi. And yes the snapchat filter does. One of my besties visited me in hospital way back (feels like an eternity) when Iwas in hospital either just before or just after xmas and sh took a selfie of us in the front grounds of the 'hotel' .Wow what a huge difference between very very sick and sick can make.

I bought a wig the other day. probably scratchey on my bald head but I've got little skull stockings for that so really should try it out. Bargain at $12 at my favourite salvation army store which has become such a hub of activity around me since I came home this time. I'm more of a hat person but nothing wrong with playing dress ups at any age and with any style, I say.

I saw a stunning vintage mink coat the other day which would really suit me, but I just cant justify the fact that beautiful animals were annally electrocuted for vanity. If it had been one animal who last century had been killed instantly by a huntress in the woods to feed her village I might have thought differently; I'm not sure.

Vintage sure has made a big comeback here.What about where you live?
Thanks yup, if the filter wasn't on you'd all be confronted with how pale I actually am though it's pretty creepy that a filter gives you a tan as if being pale is inherently a bad thing.

I'm not sure I'd buy fur but I do buy leather so it's not like I'm being really ethical. Though if you're gonna buy mink it's better to buy it vintage than to buy it from brands that still mass produce. Vintage isn't really big here but maybe that's just among people of my age.

@Mr Minio my favorite director is Bergman. Does that make me arthouse gang approved?

I don't know what you meant by that, but I repeat: I won't marry you, Velvet! What happened that night should be forgotten!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thanks yup, if the filter wasn't on you'd all be confronted with how pale I actually am though it's pretty creepy that a filter gives you a tan as if being pale is inherently a bad thing.

I'm not sure I'd buy fur but I do buy leather so it's not like I'm being really ethical. Though if you're gonna buy mink it's better to buy it vintage than to buy it from brands that still mass produce. Vintage isn't really big here but maybe that's just among people of my age.

@Mr Minio my favorite director is Bergman. Does that make me arthouse gang approved?
I know, right. I dont know which generation brought in tans as such a sun seeking thing of beauty. My mum died of melanoma at a VERY young age so sun chasers are not something I've ever felt were attractive to look at, the same with people who are addicted to cosmetic surgery. There was a steward on our flight from LAX to Indianapolis when we were in Usa and to me he was a really attractive man just going by his bone structure, hair etc BEFORE he had god knows how many surgeries. Each to their own and his confidence was overflowing so he's the only one it matters to as he preens in the mirror each day. I doubt he gives two hoots about strangers on a plane judging him. Good name for a movie right? Lol I dont think so!

Vintage is just having a revival here in sydney thanks to the hipster crowd, I think. I really like it. Pretty strange it would actually be happening in this ultra conservative suburb I live in, but just going by the hipster definition I dont think it's too strange at all, really. I'm just ruminating as I type. I love hipsters, just as long as they dont brow people, same as any subculture.

ETA I use leather because I think the whole animal is used, but since coming to mofo I've been having a big shake up in my thinking. 'Vegan leather' made from bambo osuddenly appear before my eyes the other day and I bought it immediately.It's so lovely to touch. How do hipsters feel about bugs being killed for vegan leather, I wonder. Serious question. My thinking is we cant all live like extreme animists but I think it's an interesting topic.

Excuse my midnight musings.

I know, right. I dont know which generation brought in tans as such a sun seeking thing of beauty.
I think it was supposed to be Coco Chanel, but that might be an apocryphal story. Basically it's a status thing, as pale skin before it was. Pale skin meant you didn't work outside (back when almost all work was agricultural and, therefore, had money) later the tan became a status symbol for similar, if opposite reasons. It meant you could fly to the sun. Now I've heard of a thing called a millionaire tan, which is a light tan, meant to look like you've been out all day, every day, but with something like a thin shirt on or sitting in the shade for the most part.

Yep pale skin means aristocracy. Or vampirism.

“I was cured, all right!”
Finally arrived, I'll be very busy in the next few days ...

("Aguirre, the Wrath of God", "Wild Strawberries", The Good, the Bad, the Ugly"

One of the Valborg bonfires in my hood.

I smell like a bbq.
What does 'Valborg' mean in English? How big was that fire? I can't tell from the photo.
Valpurgis. It wasn't terribly big as it's too residential. At first it was cordoned off for safety, then once it burned down a bit, it was "released" and I got close.

The one in Skansen is pretty big. They go all out. The one we picked out was sedate enough, with customary accompanying choir.