Tools    

1B David Ortiz
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Evan Longoria
SS Jose Reyes
OF Andrew McCutchen
OF Matt Holiday
OF Torii Hunter

Everytime I see that when I got to my team page, I just cant get over it. I have NEVER had an offense this good (supposedly). Last year I went deep on pitching, what a fail. I am just so ready for the season to start. I want to see what my boys can do!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
C Brian McCann
1b Chris Davis
2b Ben Zobrist
3b Manny Machado
SS Troy Tulowitzki
OF Wil Myers
OF Carlos Beltran
OF Matt Kemp
1b Freddie Freeman
Util Curtis Granderson

Yeah, safe to say I love my offense too

Had to drop Ryan Lavarnway since at best he'll be a #3 Catcher, and Patrick Corbin due to his Tommy John surgery. So, two new additions for my regular season roster!

First baseman for Seattle Mariners Corey Hart. Missed all of 2013 with knee surgery, former 1B of the Milwaukee Brewers, and in 2012 went 91 runs, 30 homers, 83 RBIs, 4 bags and batted .270. Beside his numbers in my Utility he will be a good replacement when or if Big Popi goes on DL.

Marco Estrada throws alot of K's, his ERA is in the 3's, and has a low Whip. If the Brewers can win him some games this season he'll contribute probably better than Lance Lynn, and Lance Lynn is not too shabby.

Well! Not the best of endorsements from the hometown perspective.
Dude. The Mariners are idiots. Corey Hart might bounce back, but how much can you really expect from a guy that hasn't played in over a year? They should have brought Kendrys Morales back. Instead, in typical Mariner fashion they signed one really expensive guy. A great player to be sure, but he's not gonna do it by himself. And then got a bunch of guys that, "have to work out". Exact quote, if you can believe that. We're already talking about dumping some of the supposed young talent we have here for something that might help the club. Not good just two weeks before the season.

1B David Ortiz
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Evan Longoria
SS Jose Reyes
OF Andrew McCutchen
OF Matt Holiday
OF Torii Hunter

Everytime I see that when I got to my team page, I just cant get over it. I have NEVER had an offense this good (supposedly). Last year I went deep on pitching, what a fail. I am just so ready for the season to start. I want to see what my boys can do!
This list does look very attractive. Some of those guys are getting pretty old though McCutchen is the only one under 30 and Ortiz and Hunter are almost 40. If they stay healthy your should be one of the better offensive teams in the league. Maybe it's just me but Jose Reyes scares me.

Oy yoi yoi! Well I hope Corey Hart coninues the pace he had the 3 years before he went out. I can see your frustration PW, and am glad the Rays biggest weakness remains only in who they draft.

Yeah Mikey my guys staying healthy is everything. If they can stay healthy, and perform like they have, then I think I have a shot.

Aroldis Chapman took a liner off the face. He broke a bunch of bones. I wonder who is going great to take over closing duties for the Reds? Is looks like he will miss some significant time.

Some historical credentials in the Movie Forums Fantasy Baseball league -

Yoda has been the most successful in the FBB league. Came in 1st place 2009 & 2010. He also came in 2nd place 2011 & 2013, and both seasons imo had more drama and excitement than the seasons he won.

Mark F has been 2nd place 2009, 2010, & 2012. Has been the most consistent in pitching dominance I think all but one year.

I won in 2011, and its been my only trip to the podium. One thing of note is it was the hugest upset in any league FBB or FFB.

Dexter won in 2012 which was the first year we went Roto. He grasped Roto quickly while most of us scratched our heads, Yoda had a hysterically bad season with slumps & injuries, and DexterRiley finally got some DVDs

Sedai came in 3rd in 2009 & 2012, and Powdered Water came in 3rd 2010 & 2011. Both have always been stalwart coaches in both leagues every season, always involved. Other than myself, I'd like to see Mark, PW, or Seds win it for the first time.

Scott/syj came in 3rd his first year in the league (2013)

2013 also marked Mikeythons first visit to the podium, he came in 1st, but he literally annihilated everyone. Yodas Ducks got in reach, but Mikeys monster thing never stopped slugging, and his arms never slowed. Ever.

Could he repeat?

No.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Did you guys play H2H before Roto? I have never played baseball in any style other than roto. How did it work, set lineup for a whole week like basketball?

Yeah, we played H2H for the first three seasons. We still set daily lineups, but we had opponents each week. Kind of look football, except instead of a win or loss each week, you got a win or loss for each category.

Yeah, hundreds of wins and losses. No sense of scale whatsoever.

H2H has its advantages, but it's also a lot more random, especially in the playoffs, and a lot of the drama it produces is artifical. I think H2H works way better for football, where it more closely resembles the real game, whereas Roto has the same day-in, day-out, marathon feel of the baseball season.