Starting to live on your own

Tools    

Sooo,after two unsuccessful interviews and some depression,today I finally got a job.I was so excited at first but now I am worried a bit since I am a loyal person and I am nervous.

Anyway,honeykid recommended me to visit Cornerhouse and I checked their website,they have some job vacancies as well,so despite getting a job,I'll bring the application form for them as well,although it seems like a serious place but I won't lose anything.I have one interview coming up as well,so I'll go there anyway.

I've been thinking that if I get a job anywhere else,especially in a place like Cornerhouse,I wouldn't even know what to do as I am not the kind of person who could just leave already offered position.Well,time will show all that.

Good. I was afraid you started searching for a rich man till now.

Daniel,it's in hotel.Since it's a small one,so I'll be multi-tasking basically. ))

Good. I was afraid you started searching for a rich man till now.

nah,I don't know how to cook,no one will take me. :[

nah,I don't know how to cook,no one will take me. :[
Rich people rarely eat in, so cooking skills aren't necessary.

Anyway, congratulations on the job!! When do you start?

I left home and went to Japan when I was 16. My dad did enable me for a year, paying my tuition at ASIJ (American School In Japan - Tokyo) and paying for my apartment and living expenses.
My goal was to learn Japanese MMA ( Karate, Judo, Aikido ) and I quickly immersed myself in that. After a year, I got recruited to do commercial stunt driving for Kawasaki and later Yamaha, so I was able to stay in Tokyo for five years, finishing high school there and studying two years at Sophia International University and then transferring to Florida State University.
Being on my own was no big deal, as I was lucky to get involved in group activities and always had friends around me and was also fortunate to land the right gig at the right time, enabling me to support myself. Whatever it is that you decide to do in life, make it your own choice and do it because you love it!

Anyway,I don't work anymore in the hotel,they pretty much tricked me but I don't want to go into details.I was pretty depressed when I lost the job but I got accepted in another place(starting Monday) and today it seems that I got a part time job in a bar as well.I also joined a job agency a week ago and there's another work which is offered to me from beginning of January.I mean,it seems that everyone wants me but I'm yet to receive my first salary so I don't feel stable and confident yet.
Now I'm also extremely low on budget and because of Christmas I might not be able to receive some money which I left back in my country until the holidays are over.I really want to pull this off without asking my parents' help but I'm not sure now.This will be the saddest Christmas ever.

Sorry to hear you were messed about, Gabby. But a new job is great news! Hang in there, honey. Don't forget, it's not the end of the world to ask for help.

I got a new job and there's only been the induction day but I really loved it,it's actually very well-paid and sophisticated place but I can't really tell what's the work because they are qutie confidential.I will do my best to impress them.
I'm still working in a bar and I like the extra income but I always finish in the middle of night and because of festive season,I have tons of problems with the public transport.Also,cleaning the bar after it closes is just tragic,I realized that I couldn't do that all the time but once or twice a week is manageable.
I also have to receive part of my salary from back home and my colleague has it but she pretends to be busy and she can't give money to my parents.It's like 5 minutes work and I hate that keeps postponing it.I can't catch her on Facebook and it seems that she ignores me.It's quite a lot of money and it would certainly help me,so I will have to involve my parents to talk to her.I mean,19 years old and I will still have to pass it onto my parents,some people just don't grow up.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Hi Gabrielle947. Congratulations on finding a new job! I've been reading your posts and it sounds like you're doing what needs to be done to survive in the world. I'm not sure how or why your colleague got ahold of your money; but if your new job works out you might consider quiting the bar job and finding time for yourself and doing what you want to do, especially if you begin to feel fatigued from too much work. Maybe join a club or start a hobby. Explore life and have fun.

Yeah,I'll see how it goes with the bar. I like it there because I can blend in with the community,there's lots of comunication and I am still getting used to the accent. And I like working a lot now,I feel better when I'm busy,although I have a few friends here but they quite busy themselves.

Oh and I just fixed the colleague money problem. ^^ Just wrote her a really mean message and she gave it. It's just sad that you have to be rude sometimes to get what you need.

Yo!
Haven't been there in a while but I really don't have much time now for films. :// It's been now 8 months since I've been in UK and it's the first time I'm going home for a week! I've never flown before so I'm extremely nervous,I'm leaving in two hours and flying from Liverpool.
I live in a resort city with a beach and +30 degrees in summer but I checked the forecast and it seems that I'm coming on the week of rain,oh well.

Good to see you about, Gab. Hope things are still going well for you. Enjoy your trip back home. Nice to see the weather's co-operating in easing you back into things.

Female Jungle Poster
I sympathize with her troubles re: public transportation. It's borderline non-existent in my tiny town, and makes commuting a financial nightmare (relying on cabs).

Paychecks are grand things to earn, but jobs sure do get in the way of MoFo posting.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~