The MoFo Top 100 of the Seventies

→ in
Tools    

No, Silly, the dress, it's taffeta. It wrinkles so easily.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Adventure Starts Here!
Okay, DONE and SENT. And yes, I bet my list doesn't look like anybody else's.

My reasoning for a lot of my choices? I have the distinction of being able to say I saw a vast majority of these in the theater when they were new. I was a kid/teenager in the '70s -- very formative years -- and I chose movies that really had an impact on me at the time. And "impact" doesn't have to be some sort of profound, philosophical thought. Just movies that struck me at the time and stayed with me over the years. Movies I can still rewatch to this day and get that same impact all over again.

So sue me if a lot of them are comedies...

The Adventure Starts Here!
Let me just say that I was a bit sad to see that "The Elephant Man" squeaked into the '80s, not the '70s... or that would have been really high on my list.

I think I may have just seen the last film that will crack my list, but I have a few I still want to catch on the off chance. Count on mine being one of the last-minuters, Holds.

Let me just say that I was a bit sad to see that "The Elephant Man" squeaked into the '80s, not the '70s... or that would have been really high on my list.
The Elephant Man finished at number nineteen, on The Mofo Top 100 of the 1980s List. With your help, perhaps it could have gone a little higher? At least you got your say, this time.

There's only one David Lynch feature eligible here...

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Seems too hard to make a list. Too many films to choose from. Someone send me a list that I can submit.

Too bad it's not getting even one point from me.
Don't worry, I more than made up for your forgetting to add it to your list.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm no fan of Eraserhead. I respect it, but that's about it.

Suspect's Reviews

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Okay, DONE and SENT. And yes, I bet my list doesn't look like anybody else's.

My reasoning for a lot of my choices? I have the distinction of being able to say I saw a vast majority of these in the theater when they were new. I was a kid/teenager in the '70s -- very formative years -- and I chose movies that really had an impact on me at the time. And "impact" doesn't have to be some sort of profound, philosophical thought. Just movies that struck me at the time and stayed with me over the years. Movies I can still rewatch to this day and get that same impact all over again.

So sue me if a lot of them are comedies...
Sounds like my 80's list. Looking forward to seeing what you chose.

Done and sent. It was a wonderful journey. (70's)!
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This is torture, I have a list of 24 films with 1 space left, and about 15 films in the running for that last slot. Also haven't even started on an order.

You know what might be interesting? A podcast of the top 100 when it's done. Holden, Mark, Yoda, maybe a couple others, not me.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Don't forget Guap. We need some bs anime hardly anybody else here cares about to balance it out for all our Japanese listeners. I want to hear if Guap really sounds like a Japanese girl.

Don't forget Guap. We need some bs anime hardly anybody else here cares about to balance it out for all our Japanese listeners. I want to hear if Guap really sounds like a Japanese girl.
I'd pay for this.

And then probably pay again to make it stop.

That's a pretty cool idea. I'll see if there's some way we can swing something.

And yeah, if Guap's reading this: open invitation to be on the podcast.