SpelingError's Top 100 Favorite Short Films

Tools    

I forgot the opening line.
Since this has started, have you guys had a chance to check out some of the listed shorts?
I really enjoyed Talking Heads, At Land and Inspiration the most - my personal favourites so far. À Propos De Nice inspired me to crack open my Complete Films of Jean Vigo Criterion set, and catching A Trip to the Moon was well overdue.

Latest Review : Aftersun (2022)

Since this has started, have you guys had a chance to check out some of the listed shorts?

Several. The stop animation ones are my favorite so far, especially Balance.

Good list so far.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
GO ON.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Oops. That might disappoint Mr Minio. I recall him saying he isn’t much of a fan of Svankmajer.
Unless this is an exception
I better replace it with an Asian film before he reads this thread.

The Flat (1968, Jan Švankmajer)

That was a weird one. Reminds me of Brothers Quay.

NOTE: There are a couple versions of this film floating around the internet, but the correct one is on Vimeo and is just under 22 minutes. I would recommend muting the soundtrack.

Fuses (1967, Carolee Schneemann)

Probably should've mentioned that the short has straight up XXX scenes in it. I was watching it while on break at work.

Luckily, no one was sitting next to me.

Probably should've mentioned that the short has straight up XXX scenes in it. I was watching it while on break at work.

Luckily, no one was sitting next to me.
Sorry about that. Whenever I watch something in public, I always look it up to determine if I can watch it safely in public or if I should watch it on my own time.

Balance is a good one.

I used it with my students one year when we were learning about theme/morals. Silent films are great for that because there's not as much of a barrier for students who have slower processing.

Balance is a good one.

I used it with my students one year when we were learning about theme/morals. Silent films are great for that because there's not as much of a barrier for students who have slower processing.
I'd likely show Tarkovsky in hopes of turning them into cinephiles.

Though yeah, Balance would be a great choice for a younger audience. It's appropriate for pretty much all ages and not particularly subtle about its themes, which would be ideal for a younger generation.