Iro's Worst Movies Ever

→ in
Tools    

Points for guts.

I get what you're saying, though I have to admit, even based on that criteria, I'm a little surprised. Though I'll certainly admit it can be very difficult for me to see a film as genuinely "good" when it's so much less than what I'd hoped.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
come on Iro, Blade? It has an amazing opening sequence!!!!!

As for Undead, it had one of my most hated characters, the guy pictured. Marion? I don't even remember.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Not for me, I'm a huge Blade fan. When I was younger I'd argue that it had all the stuff that made the Matrix cool, but before it.

Lead characters with long black trench coats and shades.
Bullet time sequence with the heat rings behind the bullets. (in one way or another)
Jumping from one building to another with ease.
Switch and Mercury are two characters that wear all white when everyone else wears black.
Both movies involve the lead character using martial arts to fight enemies.

Blade says the line "This is just a world that is sugar coated, there is another world, the real world". Which is pretty much the whole basis of The Matrix.

A stretch? Sure, but I always thought it was funny. I'm in no way saying Blade was better or that one really did rip off the other, just when I was a kid those things caught my eye.

Back to the movie:

Deacon Frost was an excellent villain and is Stephen Dorff's best performance.
Wesley Snipes is perfect for the role.
Donal Logue was great in his supporting comedic role.
He drives a 1968 Dodge Charger

The special effects were always bad though.

Certainly interesting, i'm sure you know my opinions on most as a couple are on my old top hundred and whatever list. I hope Troll 2 makes the cut or at least some of the 'classics'. I'll bite and throw another nod to Blade being worthwhile, how did you find del Toro's effort though?

Who puts Moonwalker on any movie list at all?! Apparently, Iro does.

Sad to see The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 on your list, but at least it's #97, and I do realize there's a large camp out there that hates this sequel.

I disagree about Sixteen Candles, but interesting to hear a negative point of view.

Welcome to the human race...
Certainly interesting, i'm sure you know my opinions on most as a couple are on my old top hundred and whatever list. I hope Troll 2 makes the cut or at least some of the 'classics'. I'll bite and throw another nod to Blade being worthwhile, how did you find del Toro's effort though?
Yeah, I figured you'd notice those choices. I haven't seen Blade II, though - I will admit, I kind of want to, but I'm definitely in no rush to do so.

I haven't seen Troll 2 either.

I am expecting to see Cars on this list since Ratatouille is.
I haven't seen Cars.

Anyway...

#70 - The Room
Tommy Wiseau, 2003

I already referred to this as the definitive guilty pleasure cult classic of the 2000s (a claim supported by all those Rocky Horror-style midnight screenings), but with the exception of a good handful of unforgettably "classic" scenes, there's no denying that this is just an out and out terrible attempt at serious melodrama that really should be way higher on this list than it is.

Oh, hi Mark.

#69 - The Mack
Michael Campus, 1973

All-too-familiar blaxploitation film about a guy getting out of prison and returning to the pimping game and all the associated highs and lows. Dolemite may have been incredibly crap, but at least it was kind of entertaining in its horrible comedic attempts to stick to the "pimp vengeance" formula used in this movie. It segues into uninteresting drama, wastes the appearance of Richard Pryor and ultimately feels very underdone and seemingly pointless - all among the faults that sink this movie.

#68 - Little Nicky
Steven Brill, 2000

Another Sandlerific piece, pumped full of supernatural shenanigans that are just as cringeworthy as the majority of Sandler's movies despite being wrapped around a plot that's better than your average Sandler work.

#67 - Diary of the Dead
George A. Romero, 2007

Okay, so maybe Land of the Dead deserves more of a mention on this list than this one, but since i haven't seen Land... I'm going to stick it to the mockumentary-style Diary. It occasionally makes a decent point and the mockumentary angle is technically well-done but it's still stuck to following the escapades of an unsympathetic handful of horror movie stereotypes as they occasionally have run-ins with zombies or other humans. The stilted student film presentation doesn't do it much justice either.

#66 - Trailer Park Boys: The Movie
Mike Clattenburg, 2006

Trailer Park Boys wasn't really that great a show to begin with (based around the titular characters' attempts to get rich through petty crime in between dealing with various problems at home), so stretching what feels like an ordinary episode's worth of plot and content to feature-length was really just asking to fail, especially when there were only a couple of laughs to be had across the film's brief runtime.

#65 - King of New York
Abel Ferrara, 1990

Christopher Walken as a crime lord seeking redemption. Laurence Fishburne as his vicious right-hand man. David Caruso as the vengeful cop working to bring them down. Elements like this should actually make this movie sort of awesome, but it's riddled with surprisingly below-par performances, poorly-shot action and rather uninspired writing.

#64 - Nacho Libre
Jared Hess, 2006

More Jack Black, this time as the titular missionary-turned-wrestler who's trying to save the day. Pretty damned unfunny despite its well-crafted depictions of the sheer insanity of Mexican wrestling.

#63 - Missing in Action
Joseph Zito, 1984

While that picture makes this film look kind of awesome, don't be fooled. Traumatised 'Nam vet Chuck Norris starts kicking Viet Cong ass and rescuing POWs in a film that is full of action that never delivers the level of excitement it should and is more or less an unimpressive rip-off of Rambo 2.

#62 - From Dusk Till Dawn
Robert Rodriguez, 1996

Oh yeah, another divisive choice. Rodriguez's film never quite works either during its very Tarantinoesque first half or its vampiric second half. The CGI isn't that good, most of the acting's pretty weak (with a couple of key exceptions like Keitel or even Clooney), the action's never truly exciting and the script is way below Tarantino's usual standard for the most part.

#61 - Natural Born Killers
Oliver Stone, 1994

While we're here, here's another piece of not-quite-Tarantino that I wanted to throw in. Knowing Stone, he's probably got a point to all the stuff he uses in making this film (highly stylised MTV-on-crack filmmaking, trailer trash psychos for popular antiheroes, making the "good guys" seem like scum in comparison, etc.) but that doesn't make it seem like any less of a barely tolerable acid trip remake of Badlands.

You should definitely avoid Island of the Dead, that was infinitely worse than either preceding entry. Blade 2 is a pretty different film, i won't go out and say you'd like it as it has it's shortcomings though there's a fair amount of directorial flair and Perlman hams it up nicely. Shame about King of New York, i was opposite on it, in fact if re did my top list, that would be on it.

I don't think any worst ever list should be made without watching Troll 2, it's almost needed to put every other film in perspective.

From Dusk Till Dawn? The King Of New York? Natural Born Killers? What the hell are you doing, man?

BTW, I think Land Of The Dead is a lot better than Diary Of The Dead. Diary felt like a film that should've been made a good 5 years before it was.

Then give those kids some money. It's not a great film, but it's a hell of a lot better than most of what I see, let alone the crap I don't bother with.

From Dusk Till Dawn? The King Of New York? Natural Born Killers? What the hell are you doing, man?

BTW, I think Land Of The Dead is a lot better than Diary Of The Dead. Diary felt like a film that should've been made a good 5 years before it was.
Yeah, can't help but think he is joking with From Dusk Till Dawn and King Of New York. Though I completely agree with the placing of Natural Born Killers. That..was a terrible film. Definitely one of my worst film ever seen. I don't know if Stone had a breakdown or what, but this was just some weird crap.

Trying to ice-skate uphill, obviously.

Originally Posted by Justin
Not really a fan of Natural Born Killers, either.....but one of the worst of all-time?
No, that's just hyperbole. I can generally avoid the real "worst of all-time" sort of movies unless they get featured on MST3K or curiosity just proves too great.

Originally Posted by The Prestige
Yeah, can't help but think he is joking with From Dusk Till Dawn and King Of New York.
Uh, nope. Wasted potential, the pair of 'em.