Thor

Tools    

I think Kevin Sorbo is old. I love him but I see more Odin-like roles for him in the future

I think Kevin Sorbo is old. I love him but I see more Odin-like roles for him in the future

That's not a bad idea, I could see him as Odin.

...uh the post is up there...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Could be worth a look if they make it good not god dam rubbish.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I started a new thread days ago, not realizing this one existed and posted that according to http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=23177, Marvel Studios has signed Kenneth Branagh to direct!

Hmmm... I'm no comic book fan, but the combination of Branagh and a Norse god is a bit different!

From Shakespeare to comic books???

I'm going to love seeing what Kenneth Branagh does with this....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
From Shakespeare to comic books???
Why not? Some Shakespere plays have become comic books.

Brad Pitt, I seriously can't see him as Thor. Not only does he not have the build, but his persona doesn't strike me as a deity.
Norton was Bruce Banner, Downy Jr. was Tony Stark, Christian Bale was Bruce Wayne, Ian Mckellan was Magneto. I think they have to get Brad Pitt for Thor. He's in the A-list and will pull in an audience who only thinks Thor speaks Shakespearian and has this hammer.

Jude Law & Robert De Niro Join Thor Cast?

In last two weeks there have been a few additional announcements made for Marvel Studios’ upcoming Thor film. We learned that Stellan Skarsgĺrd, father of Thor candidate Alexander Skarsgĺrd, was cast into the movie but he had to remain tight-lipped about who he was playing. Following that, a pair of open casting calls surfaced that asked for a college student and a bunch of large “fearless” warriors.

So, if you weren’t excited about the cast so far which also includes Chris Hemsworth as the title character, Tom Hiddleston as his nemesis Loki, Natalie Portman as Nurse Jane Foster, Jaimie Alexander as Sif, Colm Feore and possibly Brian Blessed as Odin, you might be more excited now with the following two names possibly added to the cast.

According to actor Matthias Schweighöfer (Valkyrie) in an interview for the German edition of GQ, he reveals that he’s in the running for a role in Thor but that Jude Law and Robert De Niro have also already been cast. Yes, De Niro and Jude Law in one of the next Marvel Superhero epics…

There’s no word on who any of them would play, keeping with the secrecy we’ve seen surrounding many of the characters and the story of the film. Even when they asked Stellan Skarsgĺrd to join, they did so without giving him a script to which he said no unless he got to read one. So, he eventually received a coded script that allows only one printing.

With many of the key characters cast, it’s anyone’s guess as to who Feore, Skarsgĺrd, De Niro, Law and Schweighöfer would play but one thing’s for sure - director Kenneth Branagh sure has an eye for talent, most of which that have a Shakespearean background to match his own.

They’re both big names and both will help draw in more moviegoers. As for Law, his role as Watson in Sherlock Holmes this December and now a role in Thor, he’s back big time. De Niro in this movie may be tougher pill to swallow but it’s very believable considering he and Kenneth Branagh worked together on Frankenstein back in the day - Branagh directed that as well and they both acted in it.

Thor begins production next year with a release date of May 20, 2011.

Source: Screenrant

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Whoa, I just finished another viewing of Branagh's Henry V, and then I come here... I'm extremely confident in Branagh and I love his choice for Thor.

When I saw Star Trek, I was pretty impressed with Hemsworth, even if I didn't know who he was. He was one of my favorite characters. I think he has the charisma for the part.

I know nothing about Marvel's Thor, but I love Norse mythology, so yea, I'm excited about this movie...A LOT.

I only wish Branagh was in it somehow. I love watching him talk. *sigh*

Thor Updates: Production Schedule

After the major announcement two weeks ago of Sir Anthony Hopkins signing on to Thor as the title character’s father, Odin, we now have most of the principal characters cast, albeit with a few secrets yet to be revealed.

According to Production Weekly’s Twitter<&callback=load_tweet">/a> postings, the next Marvel Studios solo character film is nearing the start of principal photography and they’ve hammered down the shooting locations. Check out the details below.

Filming on Marvel’s “Thor” is scheduled to begin in LA mid-January, then move to Santa Fe, New Mexico from March till late-April.
Not only is it great news that my most anticipated Marvel character film is well on its way, but this means that next summer we’ll likely get a Marvel panel presentation (and footage!) for Thor at San Diego Comic-Con. That’s something that I cannot miss, similar to this year’s awesome
Iron Man 2 panel which was easily one of the top presentations of the event.

With all of these great and highly positive Thor announcements over the last several months, we still have yet to see that for Thor’s Earthbound buddy, Steve Rogers. We still haven’t even heard any casting updates on The First Avenger: Captain America but the film is set to release also in summer, 2011 (Along with other major comic book properties Green Lantern, Spider-Man 4 and possibly another "X-Men" film).

The last we did hear on the Cap front was from Marvel Chief Joe Quesada who revealed that they have a short “wishlist” of actors they want to portray the star-spangled Avenger. Perhaps we’ll get another major announcement over the holiday season?

The film is helmed by Kenneth Branagh and stars Chris Hemsworth as Thor alongside Stellan Skarsgĺrd, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Jaimie Alexander, Colm Feore, and… Stan Lee!

Thor opens in theaters May 20, 2011 and The First Avenger: Captain America is scheduled to open July 22, 2011,

Stan Lee on his Thor cameo

Stan Lee is the cameo master when it comes to Marvel films, and with Thor gearing up for filming next month director Kenneth Branagh emailed the legend to inform him of his upcoming ‘role’:

From Lee’s Twitter:

Hey, I got an email from the multu-talented director of Thor, Kenneth Branagh. Not enough space left to tell what he said– stay tuned–

Kenneth Branagh (of course I call him “Ken!”) said my cameo’s set for the upcoming Thor movie. –To him, it’s a cameo, to me– it’s a ROLE!

I went easy on Ken Branagh when we discussed my role in Thor. Told him I wouldn’t insist on my name above the title, I think he was grateful

Yeah, I mentioned Ken Banagh a few times, but I warned you I was a name driopper. Seriously tho’, with him directing, Thor’s a sure winner

Of course, my previous tweet revealed the extent of my innate modesty. I really wanted to add “With me doing a cameo, Thor’s a sure winner”

Can’t tweet anymore. Due to Thor, I must start rehearsing my thee’s and thou’s. So, if thou objecteth not, I wish thee well! ‘Nuff saideth
Source: Filmonic

Rene Russo Joins Thor Cast

Actress Rene Russo has joined the cast of Kenneth Branagh’s adaptation of Thor. Russo will apparently be playing the character of Frigga, wife of Odin, the king of Asgard.

Variety reports that Russo’s role is that of ‘the mother of Thor and Loki, the pic’s primary villain…’ However, if you are a Marvel Comics aficionado and a long time student of Thor, you already know that there is a problem with that description.

If you aren’t a Thor geek, then let me break it down for you: In the comic book continuity, Frigga is indeed Odin’s wife and queen of Asgard. HOWEVER, in the comic continuity she is Thor’s step mother, and a foster mother to Loki.

Now obviously the whole step mother/foster mother thing is kind of confusing, making the relationship between Thor, Loki and Odin – one of the cornerstones of Thor’s story – hard to sort out. It could very well be as Variety has described it, and for the sake of a more cohesive movie, the relationships between the characters have been simplified for the benefit of the audience.

I’m sure we’ll learn more as Thor moves into production next year. If you haven’t heard already, here is the angle the film is taking:

Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior reignites an ancient war between the gods of Asgard. As punishment, Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans. Once here, he learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends dark forces of Asgard to invade Earth.
Thor is slated to hit theaters on May 20, 2011.

I can wait for this!

waiting.....

A system of cells interlinked
Awesome!