The Top of the Bleeping Obstacle: MoFo Top 100 War Movies Prelims!

→ in
Tools    

So did anyone make a base top 25 at the start of the thread and change it overtime like I usually do?
This is what I do every time! I make a super preliminary list and then modify. And there's usually a whole bunch of "oh yeah!" moments. At least one of which comes after the countdown has started, d'oh.

I went through my list of my 300 favourite films and selected the first 25 films that qualified. There were some later ones on the list that I wasn't able to include. I was surprised by how many war films are in my all time top 300.

I have like 17 locked down. After that I don't know which way to go.
You should've joined us in SpelingErrors Group Watch it was a blast! And I found a number of great war films that I'd never had seen otherwise.

Yeah, we had a pretty diverse group of nominations in the Group Watch thread. You all should've joined it, even if only for a round or two.

I've got a tentative list ready to go. Just gonna sleep on it and look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow before sending it in. But this is not fun, I'm trying to keep it true to the movies that I love but putting fun movies over serious and sad movies is tough. War sucks.

I'll be out of the country and internet-averse from Friday, so my ballot is in. It's a good ballot. Not a great ballot, but a good ballot.

I'll be out of the country and internet-averse from Friday, so my ballot is in. It's a good ballot. Not a great ballot, but a good ballot.

Am I am forced to accept such dissapointing quality? I scoff at your sloth.

I'm more of a lover than a fighter anyway. Just wait until we do Romance, I will crush it.

Submitted! There are a few entries on my list that are more "war-adjacent" than full-on war films, but if the "war" genre tag is good enough for Letterboxd, it's good enough for this forum.

What are they? Wait and see (if they make the list, that is. Otherwise, you'll see them when it's over when I post my ballot, as is tradition).

Man if I had a dollar for every time in the last week or two that I went to my war list of 30 films and rearranged it using different criteria, trying to narrow it down to 25, well I would have about 10 bucks. But hey that's still 10 bucks.

This one's an odd one. I'm not ordering based on how I might rank them as just a film but more part that, part as a war film, part how it looks, and part random. At least my top 10 is mostly set. But I'll get there. Don't close the ballot without me, Keyser and Yoda!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Much like anyone that's sent to an actual war, I'm ill-prepared for this. Haven't even thought about a list.

Oppenheimer wouldn't have made my ballot since I have a strict rule against rating recent releases 9/10 or higher to prevent recency bias on my part, but I plan to watch it with a friend.

The deadline for submitting your ballots will be extended to July 26th
Are you going to be hardcore on the exact timing? What I mean is is there an exact minute for the deadline like 11:59 PST July 26th? Or?