RoboCop

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Watching Robocop right now! There is NO WAY the remake will be as good as this. Such a classic.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Say what you will, but that promotional poster looks really cool. The movie comes out February 12th, and will be how I celebrate my birthday, I am hoping for something enjoyable.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
The remake has a fairly talented filmmaker behind the camera, so I wouldn't ride it off just yet. Then again, this seems to be nothing more than a 'follow-the-script-and-do-your-job' directorial deal, so yes, I shall remain pessimistic.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
The remake has a fairly talented filmmaker behind the camera, so I wouldn't ride it off just yet. Then again, this seems to be nothing more than a 'follow-the-script-and-do-your-job' directorial deal, so yes, I shall remain pessimistic.
The cast is capable as well, I mean, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson, Jacke Earle Haley, even Joel Kinnaman. All of them could really help propel this movie in a positive way.

Michael Keaton was second choice to Hugh Laurie and his awful American accent. That must make him feel special.

But yeah, Padhilla has had an awful time during production to the point he said he hates the film already.

Not a good start if the director hated the film before they'd even got the new RoboSuit designed.

Even though it's pretty lame that it's a PG, I do think the trailer looks great. Pretty excited for it, but not expecting anything amazing...

I have no interest in seeing this in theaters.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

It's PG-13. That can be a 12A or 15 rating here in Britain, the BBFC have officially gone for the 12A rating here in the UK.

Keeping in mind the 1989 Batman, the Resident Evil films, The Matrix Trilogy are all rated 15... this incarnation of RoboCop must be really mild.

This film shouldn't have been made -- simply an attempt to suck more money out of the culturally inept and for the most part brain-dead youth of today.

The cast is capable as well, I mean, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson, Jacke Earle Haley, even Joel Kinnaman.
After the fact it was coming into existence, I thought this casting was an excellent indicator of its quality.
It's PG-13. That can be a 12A or 15 rating here in Britain, the BBFC have officially gone for the 12A rating here in the UK.
It has to be a 12A, otherwise there's no point in making it as it won't get the audience they've aimed it at. As I've said before, this is Taken 2/Die Hard 5 reasoning, but it seems to be the case.

It has to be a 12A, otherwise there's no point in making it as it won't get the audience they've aimed it at. As I've said before, this is Taken 2/Die Hard 5 reasoning, but it seems to be the case.
And this is what upsets me, when the change a film and to meet with a rating in order to get more people through the door. I know it is a necessary thing but it just depresses me when things like this are done.

Weirdly as well... the low budget Mockbuster RoboSuit looks better than the RoboCop remake (that isn't a remake apparently).

Even though you can see the crew in the visor as well.

This opens here in the UK this Friday and I plan to go and see it, I have just been on IMDb and a lot of the reactions to it seem to be negative and cannot understand why it would be made.

Does anyone plan to see this on opening night?

Ok, just checked my local cinema listings... the first showing is after 3pm when the schools have kicked out...

And the film is only 118 minutes. 10 minutes of that will be the end credits, so the running time technically is 108.

Just over an hour and 3/4... sounds like a blast.

Not going to see this.
I was thinking about it. But no.