It Felt Like Love (2014):

All Cheerleaders Die (2014):

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (1972):

Independence Day (1996):

The Godfather Part II (1974):

Moonrise Kingdom (2012):

Memories of Murder (2003):

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

A Fugitive from Justice (Terry Morse, 1940)

Ticker (Albert Pyun, 2001)
+
Of Love and Shadows (Betty Kaplan, 1994)

The Unsuspected (Michael Curtiz, 1947)

When detective Fred Clark explains to radio mystery show host Claude Rains that his secretary, who was thought to have committed suicide, was actually murdered in his home during one of his broadcasts, Rains doesn’t seem surprised. (That's a reflection in a virgin record on a recording turntable.)
Johnny Gunman (Art Ford, 1957)

Harley’s Hill (Don Most, 2011)

Lady Gangster (Florian Roberts [Robert Florey], 1942)
+
Lifeforce (Tobe Hooper, 1985)

Mathilda May is the space vampire responsible for all hell breaking loose in London in Hooper’s crazy horror/sci-fi epic.
Masterson of Kansas (William Castle, 1954)
-
Bad Baby (Tom Burton, 1997)

Stranded (Charles Beeson, 2002)
+
Our Man in Havana (Carol Reed, 1959)
+

British Secret Service agent Noel Coward enlists vacuum cleaner salesman Alec Guinness to become their man in pre-revolutionary Havana, and with the aid of German doctor friend Burl Ives, Guinness concocts an imaginary network of spies.
A Man Called Sledge (Vic Morrow, 1970)
+
The Morgue (Heider Gomes & Gerson Sanginitto, 2008)

3 Times a Charm (Letia Miller [Clouston], 2011)

Dressed to Kill (Brian De Palma, 1980)

De Palma’s obsession of sex, violence against women, and Hitchcock motifs, homages and rip-offs reaches an apotheosis in a tale about cheating housewife Angie Dickinson, call girl Nancy Allen and a mysterious killer.
Donner Pass (Elise Robertson, 2012)
+
Do You Love Me (Gregory Ratoff, 1946)

They Met in Argentina (Leslie Goodwins & Jack Hively, 1941)

Sitting Pretty (Walter Lang, 1948)

Nosy neighbor Richard Haydn is a source of gossip about Mr. Belvedere (Clifton Webb), the new live-in babysitter for a married couple with three boys, but Belvedere’s motives are secret.

Here Mr. Belvedere teaches one of his charges an object lesson about not playing with and throwing his food.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
3 stars for Dressed to Kill.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

All Cheerleaders Die (2014):
Why only 1? I'm really looking forward to that. Of course, it'll be for different reasons to you.

Le Cercle rouge (1970) -

Stalker (1979) -

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1974) -

All the President's Men (1976) -

Noah (2014) -

Inland Empire (2006) -

Snowpiercer (2014) -

Oculus (2014) -

Been a little while.....

The Furies (Mann, 1950)

Death by Hanging (Oshima, 1968)

Death Proof (Tarantino, 2007)
The Element of Crime (von Trier, 1984)

Cross of Iron (Peckinpah, 1977)

The Grand Budapest Hotel (Anderson, 2014)

Dial M for Murder (Hitchcock, 1954)

The Peach Thief (Radev, 1964)

Only Lovers Left Alive (Jarmusch, 2014)

Watchmen (Snyder, 2009)
Citizen Kane (Welles, 1941)
Spartan (Mamet, 2004)

Observe and Report (Hill, 2009)

The Mirror (Tarkovsky, 1975)
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (Lumet, 2007)

Distant (Ceylan, 2002)
The Client (Schumacher, 1994)
The Social Network (Fincher, 2010)
The Debt (Madden, 2010)

22 Jump Street (Lord & Miller, 2014)

Ariel (Kaurismaki, 1988)

Edge of Tomorrow (Liman, 2014)

Valhalla Rising (Refn, 2009)
O-Bi, O-Ba: The End of Civilisation (Szulkin, 1985)

The LEGO Movie (Lord & Miller, 2014)

21 Jump Street (Lord & Miller, 2012)
Monsters (Edwards, 2010)
Godzilla (Edwards, 2014)

Cold Fish (Sono, 2010)

Jiro Dreams of Sushi (Gelb, 2011)

The Silence of the Lambs (Demme, 1991)

*-rewatch

*rewatch

Beverly Hills Cop (Martin Brest, 1984)

Hugo (Martin Scorsese, 2011)
+
Interiors (Woody Allen, 1978)
+
Stroszek (Werner Herzog, 1977)

Le Boucher (Claude Chabrol, 1970)

The Conversation (Francis Ford Coppola, 1974)

Something Wild (Jonathan Demme, 1986)
-
Johnny Got His Gun (Dalton Trumbo, 1971)

Catch-22 (Mike Nichols, 1970)
+
Winter Soldier (1972)
-
Manhattan* (Woody Allen, 1979)
-
Le Havre (Aki Kaurismäki, 2011)

Metropolitan (Whit Stillman, 1990)

Fear Eats the Soul (Ranier Werner Fassbinder, 1974)

Something Wild

The Conversation

Le Havre

Valentine’s Day aka Protector (Duane Clark, 1998)

Saint (Dick Maas, 2010)

Step Lively, Jeeves! (Eugene Forde, 1937)
+
The Mechanic (Michael Winner, 1972)

Hitman Charles Bronson pulls a job but then has to battle the victims’ gang to make his and his protégé Jan-Michael Vincent’s getaway.
Holy Matrimony (John M. Stahl, 1943)
-
The Earl of Chicago (Richard Thorpe, 1940)

Venus & Vegas (Demian Lichtenstein, 2010)
+
Ruggles of Red Gap (Leo McCarey, 1935)
+

After being won in a card game, English gentleman’s gentleman Charles Laughton comes to America and learns that he likes his freedom (as well as a drink or two).
Down Periscope (David S. Ward, 1996)

Perfume (Michael Rymer, 2001)

Terror 2000: Germany Out of Control (Christoph Schlingensief, 1994)

White Fang (Randal Kleiser, 1991)

Ethan Hawke comes to Alaska to work his late father’s gold claim and makes friends with a wolfdog; during several adventures, they come to save each other’s life.
Bait Shop (C.B. Harding, 2008)

Cadillac Man (Roger Donaldson, 1990)

Man to Man (Allan Dwan, 1930)

Brubaker (Stuart Rosenberg, 1980)
-

Robert Redford is the new reform warden at a hellhole Arkansas prison who has to fight corruption and murder, but if he can get through to prisoners like Yaphet Kotto (far left) things may change for the better.
Fight for Your Lady (Ben Stoloff, 1937)

Breakin' All the Rules (Daniel Taplitz, 2004)

Spills for Thrills (De Leon Anthony, 1940)
+
Chillerama (Adam Rifkin, Tim Sullivan, Adam Green, Joe Lynch & Bear McCreary, 2011)

In Wadzilla, Adam Rifkin’s abnormal sperm attacks Sarah Mutch, and later another one gets really huge and terrorizes New York City in this horror/comedy omnibus.

I’m just the espresso
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)

Dragonwyck (1946)

Eddie And The Cruisers (1983)

West Side Story (1961)

His Girl Friday (1940)

The Machinist (2004)

Chillerama (Adam Rifkin, Tim Sullivan, Adam Green, Joe Lynch & Bear McCreary, 2011)

In Wadzilla, Adam Rifkin’s abnormal sperm attacks Sarah Mutch, and later another one gets really huge and terrorizes New York City in this horror/comedy omnibus.

Manhattan* (Woody Allen, 1979)
-

It's still pretty remarkable how we both are big fans of Woody, but love very different films of his (besides a few overlaps of course).

It's still pretty remarkable how we both are big fans of Woody, but love very different films of his (besides a few overlaps of course).
I guess it speaks to how multi-faceted a filmmaker he is, rather than the one-trick pony a lot take him to be. I think there's more than a few overlaps, though, right? The only ones I can remember you liking and me not so much (or vice versa) are Manhattan and Stardust Memories, but then again I have a pretty terrible memory.

The Pied Piper (1972) - Jacques Demy
Saw this on Mubi and since it was a 70s movie by Demy (who I want to see more of) I watched it. Well, it wasn't very good
-

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) - Steven Spielberg
Everything that is good and bad about Spielberg rolled up into one movie. First and last half hours are great.

The Day of the Jackal (1973) - Fred Zinnemann
Good thriller - perhaps just a bit cold and procedural.
-

Allegro Non Troppo (1977) - Bruno Bozzetto
Loved the animation parts - not so keen on the live action parts but still an excellent movie overall.
-

Family Nest (1979) - Bela Tarr
Tarr's first full length movie? No-one has the ability to make you really feel what the characters are feeling better than Tarr. This is nothing like his later films, except it's in black and white, but it is still quite an experience. Very claustrophobic with it's style of constant close-ups, arguments and people talking over each other. Unfortunately I felt like it lost its way a bit as Tarr started focussing on criticising bureaucracies and then the last part of the film used almost a documentary style. Still, I liked it quite a lot.
+

The Exorcist (1973) - William Friedkin
Very good horror film - mainly because it's not made as one.
+

Bananas (1971) - Woody Allen
Very hit and miss. Does contain Sylvester Stallone's best acting performance ever though

Manhattan (1979) - Woody Allen
Great in some ways but it's not quite my favourite Allen movie because I was less engaged by the characters as I have been in some of his others.
+

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1974) - Martin Scorsese
Wonderful performance by Ellen Burstyn in a different style of movie for Scorsese. I would have liked to see him make more movies like this.

Bed & Board (1970) - Francois Truffaut
The fourth Antoine Doinel film I think. I loved this - more than The 400 Blows. Brilliantly acted, funny and thoroughly entertaining.

Love and Death (1975) - Woody Allen
Probably the funniest Allen film I've seen.

The Story of Adele H (1975) - Francois Truffaut
I wanted to love this because it has a really interesting story but whilst I liked it I was slightly disappointed. It's about Victor Hugo's daughter's obsession with a man that took her to North America. Isabelle Adjani was great.

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1974) - Martin Scorsese
Wonderful performance by Ellen Burstyn in a different style of movie for Scorsese. I would have liked to see him make more movies like this.

Love and Death (1975) - Woody Allen
Probably the funniest Allen film I've seen.
I couldn't agree more

Calcutta (Louis Malle, 1969)
-
Bestiaire (Denis Côté, 2012)

Prairie Fever (Stephen Bridgewater & David S. Cass Sr., 2008)

Ed Wood (Tim Burton, 1994)

An auteur if there ever was one, Edward D. Wood Jr. (Johnny Depp) befriended his idol Bela Lugosi (Martin Landau) at the end of his life and made three films with him.
Chad Hanna (Henry King, 1940)

Two Girls and a Guy (James Toback, 1997)

Mid-August Lunch (Gianni Di Gregorio, 2008)
+
Sweet Sixteen (Ken Loach, 2002)

Scottish teenager Martin Compston wants to make a new life for his mother Michelle Coulter, who’s serving time in prison for a crime her scummy boyfriend committed, but how can a youth surrounded by poverty and crime do it?
Hell Below (Jack Conway, 1933)

Ace of Aces (J. Walter Ruben, 1933)

Lafayette Escadrille (William A. Wellman, 1958)

The Dawn Patrol aka Flight Commander (Howard Hawks, 1930)
-

During WWI, British pilots Richard Barthelmess and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. face another day of dangerous flying against the Germans and their ace.
National Treasure (Jon Turtletaub, 2004)

Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed (Brett Sullivan, 2004)

Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning (Grant Harvey, 2004)

Adaptation. (Spike Jonze, 2002)
+

Ultimately whatever you think the movie is about – the act of creation, destroying oneself, post-modernist self-analysis, or horse pucky – it does have an ending, kinda.
Waterloo Bridge (James Whale, 1931)
+
Jesus Camp (Heidi Ewing & Rachel Grady, 2006)
-
The Lazarus Project (John Patrick Glenn, 2008)
+
Westfront 1918 (G.W. Pabst, 1930)
-

German soldier Gustav Diessl finds that he’s the only one alive in the trenches, but his comrades are the lucky ones.

Continuing my journey through the medium of animation these are the last western animated features I have watched:

American Pop (1981) -

One of the few adult American animated films, directed by Baskhi, it's a very interesting film about the evolution of American popular music through the early to late 20th century. Lacking in character development and psychological depth as well.

Time Masters (1982) -
-
This French animated film is an interesting exploration of several science fiction concepts specially time travel and thanks to Moebius designs (the same guy who worked as designer for the Alien film), it possesses an incredible sense of style although it's characters are boring and poorly developed.

Madagascar 3 (2012) -

Absolutely horrible piece of unwatchable cheap slapstick comedy trash.

Alice in the Wonderland (1951) -
(re-watch, I had last watched it about 19 years ago)
I found it boring or annoying for most of it's duration but it's interesting style and some good scenes savaged the film partially and I would give it 5/10. I found the characters too arid/cold, lacking in psychological depth (which is a criticism that Miyazaki made of DIsney in general). I already knew that I wouldn't enjoy this movie but for sake of completeness though the sociological observation that this film accurately represents the cultural ideals of anglo-saxon america during the early post-war period makes it worth watching.

Tangled (2010) -

Virtually identical to Alice but updated with modern computer graphics and contemporary sense of comedy. Suffers from the same problems as Alice but it lacks the former's interesting sense of style. I have reached the conclusion that while I like animation I dislike children's films (in the American understanding of children's films, not Miyazaki's definition).

Edit:
Fire and Ice (1982) -

Another Baskhi film, this one was less interesting than the other while being adult doesn't mean it is good. Baskhi's films are adult movies but are not really good movies.

Animated film count since May 20: 94

I don't think Alice and Tangled are alike really, and find both quite enjoyable even though I haven't seen the former in ages. Have you seen Frozen? You probably wouldn't like that either.

"Lacking in character development and psychological depth"? American Pop goes through four generations in 90 minutes and they sing songs during a lot of that time. The depth and psychology of the film is in the songs. Alice in Wonderland is pure surrealism. It would defeat its purpose to offer depth - it's total anarchy, which in and of itself is social satire. So you didn't like Alice. Big deal, neither did Walt Disney. Your condescension reeks with stinkness. You just want to make a "sociological observation" that Disney sucks and Miyazaki deserves a suck-off for about the hundredth time. Your posts are the sociological observation. Other than that, awesome comments, Guap. full of great pith.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I was watching some great films and some trash lately. Strangely enough the trash was great too. Tons of shorts. As always including only the worthwhile.

Pretty impressive special effects for a 1926 movie, now, aren't they?
Faust: Eine deutsche Volkssage [Faust: A German Folk Legend] (1926) -
(The first part of the movie was amazing, but I didn't find the second part that rewarding, which is weird considering I love the more light-hearted moments in Sunrise.)

Oh, maybe that's the highlight of the movie! A good scene.
港の日本娘 [Japanese Girls at the Harbor] (1933) -
(I didn't find anything great about it in particular, but it's decent. A very down-to-earth and in a way slow Japanese silent. Kinda like Ozu, but I've only seen one Ozu silent, so don't take it as granted. If you are a maniac of Japanese silents you have to watch it!)

I like how sexy Scarlet is in this movie, but at the same time the film makes me guilty about it.
Under the Skin (2013) -
(The very moment mark f disliked it and Lucas liked it I knew I'm gonna love it. I mean, when it comes to films like this my movie tastes are extremely predictable. I was almost bound to love it.)

A girl lies and a man decides to sensually caress her body.
エロス+虐殺 [Eros Plus Massacre] (1969) -
(Really, really good, but I expected a masterpiece after I heard all the people creaming over it. Not as kinky as I thought as well. The contemporary parts were more interesting in their Japanese New Wave oddity style, while the historical biopic stuff was just alright.)

Amazing soundtrack.
Bilans kwartalny [A Woman's Decision] (1975) -
(Zanussi is without a doubt one of the greatest Polish directors. I love how this simple story is full of non-insistent hidden symbolism and has a top notch performance from Maja Komorowska. Outstanding soundtrack composed by Kilar as well.)

I wish this scene was longer. Like, lasting for a few minutes with the fire slowly burning!
書を捨てよ町へ出よう [Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets] (1971) -
(Dat Japanese New Wave craziness. Diese visuals. Dat psychedelic music. Almost a masterpiece. I really like how the movie begins with a black screen and then a guy speaking directly to the camera and ends with a speech and the screen slowly turning white and then a bunch of slow takes showing the faces of all the actors. It has a lot of memorable scenes and is a total eyecandy. The music. Listen to these songs! Awesome!)

B*tch please. I'm fabulos!
Gattaca (1997) -
(Good acting and nice cinematography, but I don't think that it was anything more than a nicely realised Hollywood film. Oh, and Thurman was a lot sexier in this than what I remember of Kill Bill.)

It wasn't a bad movie, but I failed to see standouts in it.
THX 1138 (1971) -
(I was extremely unimpressed by this mediocre sci-fi Lucas debut.)

Sio mio. Padre. Madre. Parlone. Dolecita. I don't even know if I'm spelling these correctly, but that's what I remember they were saying. xD
Medea (1969) -
(Another good Pasolini, but I wish it was better. Maria Callas was really good in this and the costumes were in the same style as in Oedipus Rex. I loved the Greek incanting some Japanese chants! Looks like Mamma Roma and Teorema are my favourite by Pasolini so far.)

If not corny gore there's always (almost) naked women on the screen.
Blackaria (2010) -
(Cool pron flick intro. Where's the rest of the action? OH, I see... It's not a pron flick, you say Well, the acting was even worse than in pron! Like in Brazilian telenovela made by a bunch of students. The girl wearing red was outta this world, though. A great touch. I also liked the Argento supernatural vibe and Dressed to Kill elevator inspiration. We even have De Palma's trademark split screen! The kinky elevator mirror scene was kinda unsettling. I mean the erotic part, not the massacre part. The heroine was pretty hot as well. Always a perk in trashy movies like this. I initially rated it 2.5 stars, but I couldn't stop thinking about it and increased the rating by half a star! And damnit, was looking for a non-nude and non-spoiler pic from the flick for way too long... and succeeded, but it's still a babe in underwear!)

Why are you crying? We're just having fun!
The Magdalene Sisters (2002) -
(It's the first serious film with nuns doing bad things. I mean, School of the Holy Beast has them whipping themselves and having sexy lesbian action, but that movie is entertainment and it doesn't take itself seriously and is obviously fiction. In this case not only is the movie realistically portraying something that actually took place [in more than one 'laundry'] but also does it quite well. When you feel like jumping right into the movie and punching a character for being a b*tch that's manipulative, but nevertheless a successful achievement of the director. The movie has its flaws, but it's good and important. I feel like I would enjoy it much more one or two years ago.)

Actually not a spoiler. Happens in the beginning of the movie.
A Zed & Two Noughts (1985) -
(Good God, Greenaway, you're obsessed with symmetry, Dutch painters, animals, cripples, Siamese twins and decay! Weirdest fetishes ever, but I don't care as long as you make masterpieces.)

Inspired by Rollin, Argento or Fulci in combining violence with erotica?
Last Caress (2010) -
(It's like Blackaria, only much better. Better visuals. Better plot [still very scant, serves only as an excuse for erotic/gore/eyecandy scenes], more girls, more topless scenes, two great killers, one of them very unique. Outstanding ending. It starts off mysteriously and actually has some suspense (!!!) then becomes a giallo/slasher flick a then at the end a weird supernatural extravaganza. Oh, and I saw the director's latest gem Die, Die My Darling quite some time ago. It's awesome as well. Just let me remind you it's two topless women, one in Nazi uniform fighting each other!!!)

Shorts:
Мой зелёный крокодил [My Green Crocodile] (1966) -
(sad and wise Russian animation!)
3/60: Bäume im Herbst [3/60: Trees in Autumn] (1960) -
(structural film with trees - stimulating stuff)
Cat's Cradle (1959) -
(another Brakhage this time filming (among others) pussy )
Pussycat (2008) -
(You know Chainsaw Maid? It's by the same guy only this one is way more perverted and kinky. We have a pussy...cat, wolf and swine and these two both try to imprison/cuff/rape/kill her/each other. Actually I don't know what they want to do, but it's a great claymation!)
True Skin (2012) -
(modern day Blade Runner)