Quote of the Day

Tools    

One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
Paulo Coelho

Creativity takes courage.
Henri Matisse

The only normal people are the one's you don't know very well.
Alfred Adler

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.
Tallulah Bankhead

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."

Mr. Rodgers

"Habit is either the best of the servants or the worst of masters" ~Nathaniel Emmons

you take it away... to show them what they had
"the idea that a person who loves, or alternatively hate some piece of art should create a complete structure of claims and arguments to somehow legitimize his opinion - is no less then dangerous to our community."

Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how…We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.
Agnes de Mille (1909 - 1993)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead (1901 - 1978)

Everyone is a prisoner of his own experiences. No one can eliminate prejudices - just recognize them.
Edward R. Murrow (1908 - 1965), television broadcast, December 31, 1955

He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much.
Bessie A. Stanley

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"I believe that God felt sorry for actors, so he created Hollywood to give them a place in the sun and a swimming pool. The price they had to pay was to surrender their talent."

"Actors and burglars work better at night."

"I can't act. I have never acted. And I shall never act. What I can do is suspend my audience's power of judgment till I've finished."

- Sir Cedric Hardwicke

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
"I'd do it, but I am too lazy!" - Me
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying."

"I'm not afraid of dying... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

[In 1977] "This year I'm a star, but what will I be next year? A black hole?"

- Woody Allen

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland

"Don’t be afraid to change…You may lose something good, but you may gain something better. Photoshop your life; Touch up the edges, adjust the tones, blur out the background, focus on you, and crop people out. Thank the people that walked in to your life and made it better. And give thanks to the ones who walked out and made it amazing."

There are a lot of high-pitching quotes these days - in FB for ex. Do they help - this is the question.

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde

Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act.
Truman Capote (1924 - 1984)

Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.
Malayan Proverb

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790), Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

My Mother said the other day - some Doctor "I have never seen so much brain injury in the CT scan with a patient which can still walk and talk". That's God mate.
- Powderfinger (11/14/2013 - Australia)

'if at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it'
~Einstein

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

— Arthur C. Clarke