3D Re-Releases

Tools    

Movie Forums Insomniac
Re-releasing a movie in 3-D is just a waste of a filmmakers talent. Plus there's no originality to it. I'd rather either see the movie again on DVD or whatnot, or go pay for a new movie that's actually worth seeing.

I dont like 3D and i dont see the point of every new release movie coming out in 3D as i am a 2D fan. I refuse to see new releases in 3D because i think you pay double the amount to have a worse cinema experience.

However i am extremely excited to see all the old classics back in the cinema so i can go experience it on the big screen. I love the whole experience of going to the cinema, buying your tickets, sitting in comfy chairs (depending on the cinema), watching a screen thats as tall and wide as my house almost and being blasted by the awesome surround sound. 3D is a small price to pay to watch great older movies that i didnt get to see in the cinema the first time on the big screen. I recently went and saw Titanic and was blown away. I own the movie on special edition dvd but still payed the $14 to go see it. There are plenty of movies that i want to and will go see if they are released in 3D. These include:

Jurassic Park
The Mummy
Star Wars
Predator

and heaps more that i cant quite think of right now

Star Wars is being done. They've already done Episode I, Lucas has announced that th rest are being converted as we speak.

I'll still stick by my opinions though.

Movie Forums Insomniac
Star Wars is being done. They've already done Episode I...
Episode 1 sucked big time in 3-D. The conversion was terrible (as practically every film converted is). Phantom Menace was a lousy movie in the first place, plus adding the so-called technology to it doesn't make it any better whatsoever.

Unless some miraculous feat is achieved, I doubt the next 5 will be worth seeing in 3-D either. Whether you're a Star Wars fan or not.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
2D, all the way.

3D is a marketing ploy that suckers in the new generation of moviegoers. After a few years it disappears due to everyone realising it's a load of tosh. Then 20 years later it comes back to sucker a fresh generation into spending their money as they weren't around the last time 3D came out and don't know any different.
This has gone on since the invention of moving pictures back the the late 1800s.

3D doesn't work. Never has, never will.

Even if it did, it wouldn't work with me, I'm half blind in one eye so even those fake 3D comicbook images don't work with me.

Nor do those funny speckly picture things that are supposed to hide a 3D image.
Agreed!

Look at Nolan, he flat refuses to taint his films with the fad that is 3D.

It worries me a little that Peter Jackson has jumped on the 3D bandwagon for the Hobbit.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Episode 1 sucked big time in 3-D. The conversion was terrible (as practically every film converted is). Phantom Menace was a lousy movie in the first place, plus adding the so-called technology to it doesn't make it any better whatsoever.

Unless some miraculous feat is achieved, I doubt the next 5 will be worth seeing in 3-D either. Whether you're a Star Wars fan or not.
You actually spent money on Phantom Menace 3D.

Movie Forums Insomniac
You actually spent money on Phantom Menace 3D.
No, it's just a known fact that it sucks.