So, Who Feels Someone Should Step Up And Help Syrian People?

Tools    

The United States didn't topple the Shaw. The Iranian people did that all by themselves. We didn't intervene to help him. How could we? He was hated and we were resented because we put him in power in the first place.
Don't be naive. The Shaw was supported by the US until he decided to cut down on the oil agreement they had, so the US brought in the Ayatolah Khomeini, all the way from Paris, and the Iranian people did the " rest " .

Semper Fooey
That's bull.

The Syrian people are on their own. Any government that replaces it will still be unfriendly to the West. They don't like us over there. They will accept our military support if we gave it to them, then turn hostile once they topple Asad.
David Starkey was talking about this last week on Question Time. No one likes to hear it, but it's the truth.

The Syrian people are the only people who can help themselves. They just don't think they can. That's the bottom line I feel, even if a Western country goes and ****s with it all, once we leave it'll revert just like always.
And we'll see it in 2014 when we leave Afghanistan. The Taliban will be back in and, we'll be told, they're not the 'real' Taliban that we went over there to throw out. They're the new, more moderate Taliban.

I'm not saying anything new. It's an established US policy to contol, when it get's envolved. Never mind the fiasco in Iran ( when they toppled the Shah and brought in a whole new nightmare ) and anti-Mubarak support which now they might be doubting.
No, that's history. Check it out!
Yep, I'm pretty sure CA's right with this one, will.

Someone should help the Syrians help themselves first. The US has already been overextended in endless war. And for what? At the expense of it's own citizens' welfare. I know that civilized countries can't ignore the suffering of other nations. And I'm not saying the US should be isolationist. But I still think that other options such as diplomacy, sanctions, and surgical attacks should be used. What does the world have to gain or lose with intervening? And yes, there should be times when we should have minimal interference with autocratic regimes.

The American people need to focus on helping themselves first and try to get rid of these politicians who prey on their concerns. Any decent person would like to help their neighbor, but our own situation is too messed up for us to be much help. Getting dragged into interminable in-fighting and then worsening our own image and position because our good intentions get hijacked by opportunists isn't helping anyone.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!