Movie Theme of the Week!

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Changing it up to John Goodman who played Coach Harris away back in 84's Revenge of the Nerds.

&feature=related

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
This Week's Theme Is . . .

The Year You Were Born

in other words, a movie that came out the specific year you were delivered!

try to chose a movie that may hold some significance with either your childhood or your birth in general.

i'm gonna go with Gremlins (1984)

because it inspired my childhood nickname which i'm still called today by some relatives including my dad - Gizmo

have fun with it!

i'm gonna go with Gremlins (1984)

because it inspired my childhood nickname which i'm still called today by some relatives including my dad - Gizmo
Odd. My childhood nickname was Grandfather, also from Gremlins. And of course these days I'm referred to as Mrs. Deagle.

that's what she said...
HOME ALONE (1990)

And just for giggles...

1990 was the year I was born and as a kid watching this movie so often, I was prepaired for if anyone ever tried breaking in LOL

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Damn! Off by one year.

Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (1969)

Shhh, October is pretty much here, and I looooooove horror films.

1986....Gotta go with Labyrinth this week.

When I was growing up, any time my siblings and I were being exceptionally terrible, my mother used to scream, "Goblin King, Goblin King, wherever he may be! Come and take this child of mine far away from me!"

She confessed to me later in life that she was too superstitious to say "the real words".

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Coogans Bluff (1968)

&feature=related

Coogan's Bluff is a 1968 American Universal film directed by Don Siegel and starring Clint Eastwood, Lee J. Cobb, Don Stroud, and Susan Clark.
Eastwood plays the part of a young veteran deputy sheriff from a rural county in Arizona who travels to New York City to extradite an apprehended fugitive named Jimmy Ringerman, played by Stroud, who is wanted for murder.

Now you may be asking yourself what does this flick have to do with me..well mofo's i'll tell ya.

The 70's Tv Series Mcloud was loosely based on the plot of this film (Coogan is a deputy sheriff from Arizona.
McCloud is a U.S. Marshal from New Mexico.)

The Violence was toned down for Tv, I was more the fish out of water type country justice meets the mean streets sorta thing, and the lead was a fella by the name of Dennis Weaver.

My Surname is Weaver, and so for a little while my school nicname was McCloud which was often shortened to mack or mick..which was kinda funny because adults would gasp thinken they were using a slur..lol or Earl which i hated and has nothing to do with movies but i digress.

The point being No Coogans Bluff, No McCloud.

I absolutely loathe my year when it comes to movies. I only chose Scarface because I recently watched it and liked it (for the first time.) There's a few good films in 1983, but it's not my kind of amazing year. Terms of Endearment -- which I had Ash watch recently -- came out that year. I almost went with an avatar of that movie, but it's been awhile since I've seen it.

I just found out I was born four days before the release date of A Christmas Story -- and that's a movie I've always not cared about! I guess two very annoying things had to come out that week -- that movie and me.

1997; I don't think I've even seen any movies that came out that year. But, since I'm a James Cameron fan, I'll go with the most popular movie of that year:

Oh, and i'm so glad i'm not the only person who loves Coogan's Bluff

1997; I don't think I've even seen any movies that came out that year.
How the Hell did you ever manage that? I've seen around fifty from that one year, if memory serves (more often than not lately, it doesn't)!

Spending the year in a cradle might have had something to do with it

But in all honesty, I just got into movies about a year ago. Titanic hasn't exactly been my top priority

Stop the presses! A quick search for 1997 in film reveals that there is one movie I've seen... or at least part of it, if I remember correctly...

Stop the presses! A quick search for 1997 in film reveals that there is one movie I've seen... or at least part of it, if I remember correctly...

The tension is killing me!

well, the dude's pretty young. give him a break.
I meant nothing about his age. I wouldn't care if he was 5, he's got better taste than lots of people I know. I simply wanted to alert him to the fact that he hotlinked from the wrong site.