Best Surprise Endings?

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Prestige.

The Orphanage - gone into this in another topic, a very good main end sequence/twist that surprised me. I usually know of twists beforehand but for once didn't.

Saw - I knew about the twist going in but still thought it was a fantastic twist, the music helps; shame it went downhill from there.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
The Illusionist

Those of you who have seen it will know what i'm talking about.
An excellent movie that went by the wayside...brilliant ending that really surprised me! I liked this movie much better than "The Prestige"

Birdy is among my favorites. Bet nobody has listed that one.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
the crying game had the most surprise ending

I can't believe people said The Sixth Sense? cause it was so obviously that he's a ghost I saw it coming....the opening scene...he got shoot, later on boy told him he talked to ghost and his wife never said a word to him in that film and his wife always get cold around him...........come on...how come you didn't see it?.....not biggest surprise ending to me

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (I did not expect THAT!)
Blood Diamond
Into The Wild
Shutter Island
The Sixth Sense

WARNING: "Safe to read" spoilers below
Oldboy - This one I never saw coming. After the shocking revelation, took me minutes to process it. lol
The Shawshank Redemption - I knew he escaped (because it's in the ****ing cover), but I was curious on how he did it.
It's a Wonderful Life - This one has a very nice happy ending.
In Bruges - Tragic/Funny ending. Harry didn't even make sure Ray is dead before killing himself.lol

Welcome to the human race...
Isn't marking spoilers as "safe to read" a contradiction in terms? Even if it wasn't, at least three of the four spoilers you mention are big ones.

that's what she said...
shutter island
the uninvited
... i know there are more but i'm drawing a blank atm.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
- The Sixth Sense (honestly didn't see it coming, even though I kinda knew in the back of my head)

- Shutter Island (that was a mindf**k for me)

- The Illusionist (honestly, who saw that coming? Anyone?)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I can't believe people said The Sixth Sense? cause it was so obviously that he's a ghost I saw it coming....the opening scene...he got shoot, later on boy told him he talked to ghost and his wife never said a word to him in that film and his wife always get cold around him...........come on...how come you didn't see it?.....not biggest surprise ending to me
Some films like The Village or Shutter Island I knew from seeing the trailer once what the twist was going to be.

However the Sixth Sense I had no idea at all. Same with Fight Club or The Usual Suspects.

The Prestige I think I half got it before the end.

How about Audition for a surprise ending.

I didn't think much of the Illusionist though. A good film but not great.

I liked the one where it turned out that he/she/they was dead the whole time and I really look forward to seeing it 53 more times.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!