Your Favorite The Lord of the Rings Character

Tools    

I honestly like Sam Wise. Brave and very loyal.

Loved reading all your answers, brought back memories. Memories of the cinema s I was in at the time. I recall taking my little boy to one and he got so scared he peed on me. So I walked out with wet jeans on rather ashamed to have taken him without thinking. I haven t seen the films in years. Frodo would be one of my favorites. I remember being impressed with the ents too(thank you for reminding me otherwise I would have said trees too).Legolas (Orlando Bloom was such a cutie). I had pictures on my computer of him to put on my letters. Gollum too.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
I'd have to go with Haldir (the elf that brought the archers to aid Theoden and the rest of the men of Rohan defend Helms Deep). Even though he didn't actually appear in the battle in the books, the way they brought him back and enforced his loyalty to not only Aragorn by the race of men in itself was just awesome. None the less, his death was kind of disappointing; would've really been pleased if he'd survived the battle, or at least had a little more screen time before his passing.

Arwen kicks a$$

Gandalf

Anarchist within reason
Boromir and Eomir
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Elrond is my favourite .

The Fellowship of the Ring was on last night and I had to laugh that Marton Csokas, who I'm more familiar with these days, was on for about two seconds, during the introduction to Galadriel.

Elrond is my favourite .

The Fellowship of the Ring was on last night and I had to laugh that Marton Csokas, who I'm more familiar with these days, was on for about two seconds, during the introduction to Galadriel.
Been awhile since I watched it but I believe he gets a little more screentime in the extended cut.

Personally I would say my favourite characters from Jacksons films would be...

Gandalf - McKellan carries him off pretty much perfectly I think balancing the kind but also short temptered and sarcastic sides to him.

Boromir - Probably the greatest improvement of the books, Beans version of the character has quite a lot more nuance to him that makes his fall much more tragic.

Gollum - The character that really tamed CGI, altered somewhat from the book but very effective in his own way really keeping the Frodo and Sam story going dramatically.

Eowyn, because Miranda Otto looks like my first crush. And that was my first Miranda Otto movie.
You were lucky weren't you ? She's beautiful; I saw a little bit of The Two Towers the other day and I recalled Brad Dourif being very complimentary about her.

Been awhile since I watched it but I believe he gets a little more screentime in the extended cut.
I expected as much .

Eowyn, because Miranda Otto looks like my first crush. And that was my first Miranda Otto movie.
You were lucky weren't you ? She's beautiful; I saw a little bit of The Two Towers the other day and I recalled Brad Dourif being very complimentary about her.
Unfortunately nothing happened. Just remained a crush.
But speaking of Miranda Otto, she is a lovely person from what I saw of her in few of her interviews.

Mine frido, pippin.