Movie Trade-Off Game, V2.0

Tools    

Okay, Brodinski, I'm going to recommend one of the following:

Amateur, The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On, or Arizona Dream.

If you've seen/can't find them let me know.

Count me in as well, though I'm on leave till Tuesday and I still need to review Steve's film from last time. When I get back I'll get to his film and give my recommendation for this round.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Count me in as well, though I'm on leave till Tuesday and I still need to review Steve's film from last time. When I get back I'll get to his film and give my recommendation for this round.
sorry, dude, you'll have to wait til the next round, unless someone wants to take a 2nd partner.

Okie Dokie Stevo 3001 I was peeking at your list and I saw that Jerry Maguire was not crossed off so give it watch and let me know what ya think

Cool, Jerry Maguire will no longer be my number 1# 'I can't believe you haven't seen that' movie.

Here are three options for you:

Au Hasard Balthazar

Jesus of Montreal

Pom Poko

Let me know if you've seen them all.

Is white trash beautiful
Ya I was kind of surprised you have not seen it but its not the best film ever but its fun to watch and I think I am going to go with Jesus of Montreal.

Mark, I really want to watch A Matter of Life and Death, so I am going to do my best to find it. I'll let you know how the hunt goes.

I'll find a film for you shortly.

Alright, if you can get to theaters, maybe this weekend, you should check out Woody Allen's new Midnight in Paris. I absolutely loved it. I feel like I have to recommend newer films because I am sure you have seen everything else (I am sure you also hear this comment all the time).

Otherwise...

Check out one of these documentaries if you have not already.

Restrepo
180 Degrees South

SO. Let me know if you have seen both of those or you can't make it to the theater to see Woody's new film and I will come up with something else.

Amateur, The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On, or Arizona Dream.
Cool, I will watch Amateur.

I too give you a choice of 3 films.

Sweet Smell of Success (1957)

Judging from your list, I assume you haven't seen it yet. It's one of the best noirs out there, and when it comes to dialogue, it's ahead of the pack imo.

Angel Face (1952)

Opposed to Sweet Smell of Success, here's a film-noir that isn't very recognized, but is excellent as well.

Husbands & Wives (1992)

Last but not least one of the lesser known Woody Allen films, but one of his very best according to me.

Let me know if you can't watch any of them, I'll give you another choice then.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
sorry, dude, you'll have to wait til the next round, unless someone wants to take a 2nd partner.
Can I be Dog Star Man's partner? I wanted in on this round, but I think my post got missed.

Thinking about it...
Hi, Nebbit! I feel really tempted to choose "12 Angry Men".
I love this movie. But I don't think I have seen "Breaker Morant" yet.
So, this is the one I'm choosing. I will find some options for you asap!
Tks!

Thinking about it...

Hi, Nebbit. These are the movies I chose for your. Small movies that I hope you haven't seen yet that I found, in differente ways, very touching.

Thinking about it...

Hi! I did something wrong.Here's the 2nd movie.

Thanks I will look for them both, the one I find first i will watch

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Okay I'm back from my trip so I'll try to keep up as best as possible, I still need to watch and review Steve's film and Godoggo's.

Yeah, I still need to give you my movie. (and vice versa ) I'm going to go with Cabaret for you just because it's a great movie and judging by your list you seem to have seen enough musicals to be O.K with them. I'll pick something else if this isn't the case.

Will do. My pick is another short film. It's on Anxious Animation DVD, which has a bunch of underground animations, if you want to check it out if your so inclined. My pick from the collection: "The Bats - By Jim Trainor"

I love this short.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that this is going to be the last round of Movie Trade-Off that i run for a little bit here. i've been focusing on the Mofo Tournament for awhile and there's many movies i need to catch up on. i'll probably pick up the next round in a month or so, though.

if anyone still wants to play, feel free to pick up where i left off until my return!