Thoughts on Denzel Washington?

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I re-watched The Book Of Eli last night and Denzels performance in it was supurb IMO

Female Jungle Poster
he's got that perfect mix of the guy who's bones you want to jump, but also exudes that stability, saftey and security that every girl secretly craves.
This. Plus, seriously talented. I can't recall a single instance where he failed to deliver for me.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
just the passion he puts into all of his roles is fantastic. I'm watching Remember the Titans right now and he really put his all into even a movie like this.

I watched Glory a few days ago and once again I saw that Denzel Washington put everything he had into the role. Another great performance from him.

No doubt. He's one of the top notch of Hollywood. Denzel's best IMO:

Philadelphia, Training Day, and American Gangster

It's weird that while I am perhaps the biggest Denzel Washington fan here, I actually believe that Training Day is a fairly overrated movie. I think Denzel has had much better performances (Hurricane, American Gangster, Glory, Man on Fire, etc.) that went unnoticed (though he did win for Glory).

I think he's a gifted actor, though I'm honestly not that familiar with his work. He tends to star in movies that I have little or no interest in seeing.

I thought he was particularly great in Glory and Philadelphia.

I also think one of the reasons I enjoyed Training Day was the interaction between Washington and Ethan Hawke. I think there chemistry on screen was amazing in this film.

I think he's a gifted actor, though I'm honestly not that familiar with his work. He tends to star in movies that I have little or no interest in seeing.

I thought he was particularly great in Glory and Philadelphia.
Strangely enough, I haven't seen Philadelphia yet.

Sometimes I feel like Training Day tried a little too hard to be a bit too badass, but that's just me perhaps.

Strangely enough, I haven't seen Philadelphia yet.

Sometimes I feel like Training Day tried a little too hard to be a bit too badass, but that's just me perhaps.
Denzel's character at times in the movie was a bit over the top.

Denzel's character at times in the movie was a bit over the top.
I don't really think it was Denzel's fault, I'd rather blame it on the script at times. Denzel did his job.

I don't really think it was Denzel's fault, I'd rather blame it on the script at times. Denzel did his job.
Very true as an actor you do have some liberties, but for the most part you follow the script and the story.

You need to do something about that.
I haven't seen it either. Is it one of those movies where I shouldn't know the plot of the film ahead of time?