Shutter Island

Tools    

This was the first time I took any interest in this film, other than knowing it was Scorsese and Di Caprio of course, and I can't say that I feel I've been missing too much. I watched the trailer and couldn't put my finger on what I didn't like about it but, after reading the last 3 pages I think I've figured it out - it's Mystic River meets Cape Fear for me. Not in terms of story or anything, but in the way I feel when I watch the trailer. I'll probably see it just because I like both Scorsese and Di Caprio, but my expectations will certainly be held in check.

Shutter Island Montage Clip

Here’s a very cool montage of clips from the upcoming thriller Shutter Island by director Martin Scorsese (The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, The Departed) and starring Leonardo DiCaprio (Revolutionary Road, Body of Lies), Mark Ruffalo (Blindness, Zodiac), Ben Kingsley (Number 13, The Love Guru), Emily Mortimer and Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen).

&feature=player_embedded

Source: ShockYa

Shutter Island is a 2010 psychological mystery-thriller film directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio. I must see this movie because i think Martin Scorsese is a very talented director.

i haven't seen this yet but i am soooooooo anxious to!

just saw this movie, and to be honest, it had a good plot but terrible cinematics, in eds conversation with george the position of georges hand changes every cut, which is a minor messup but not expected from a director like scorsese, there were plenty of these throughout the movie, it seemed really bad part way through, but at the end it had a good twist i thought, no spoiler. overall id say like 3.5 stars

but at the end it had a good twist i thought, no spoiler.
I knew the whole ending even when seeing the trailers. It was obvious. The movie was good all in all and it did have a good plot. But I just knew the final outcome way ahead of time, so that kind of ruined the viewing experience in a way.

Am I alone in thinking that just knowing a film has a twist is enough to ruin it?
Lots of movies have twist endings. Knowing that it has one and someone telling you what it is/or you know what it is is two different things. So no it doesn't ruin anything if someone just says "there is a twist".

Well, maybe I'm alone in that then. For me, just knowing there's a twist means that I spend the film looking for it. This, in turn, usually leads me to guessing it long before it takes place. Now, whether I'd have seen it coming or not without knowing it was going to happen, obviously I can't say. For example, I guessed the ending of The Sixth Sense from the moment he's shot, because I knew there was a twist. That film could've been a rather boring 2 hours, had the film not been good enough to completely engross me and make me second guess myself. As it was, I wasn't sure until the restaurant scene.

Just saw the movie, nice twist!

Knowing the film's twist isn't important as what DiCaprio is going through. Shutter Island's main theme - which is far more serious than the rest of the film is - is about
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
loss
. The film's plot is hokum for a reason.

I wish I had it with me, or that I could at least find it on their website, but Empire Magazine (at least, I believe it was Empire) had a great interview with Lehane where he speaks about his intentions and what the book meant to him.