I can't stand this actor/actress

Tools    

I am a big fan of The Aviator, I know most people aren't, but what can I say? I likes what I likes.
The Aviator is a great film, completely robbed at the Oscars, as was Scorsese, who was later rewarded for the, less good, The Departed. It's the Academy, it's all politics.

Julia Roberts, Molly IalwaysHaveToPout Ringwald, Meg Ryan, Jada Pinkett, etc

The Aviator is a great film, completely robbed at the Oscars, as was Scorsese, who was later rewarded for the, less good, The Departed. It's the Academy, it's all politics.
Umm, WAHHH???

The Departed plays second fiddle to no one. Don't make me draw a sword.

Umm, WAHHH???

The Departed plays second fiddle to no one. Don't make me draw a sword.
Sorry LRS, The Departed's not even one of my top 5 favourite Scorsese's films.

Employee of the Month
The Departed is great (and one of my all-time-favourites)!!!

Topic: I can`t stand Jodie Foster. Maybe she`s really a smart one, but most of her movies are just trivial.

Neg rep me all you want Soul, it doesn't change the fact that The Departed isn't great, whether you think it's better than The Aviator or not is another matter, whether you like it more than The Aviator (which you obviously don't) is another matter, but it's not a great film.

Neg rep me all you want Soul...
I fixed that for you, it wasn't called for, even if I happen to disagree.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Write this down. Honeykid and I finally agree on something. I like The Departed alright but I don't think there's anything mind blowing about it.

I also wouldn't put it in a top five favorite Marty flicks. So there...

The Departed was better than the majority of the films released that year, by far. It just wasn't the best or Scorsese's best.

I fixed that for you, it wasn't called for, even if I happen to disagree.
Cheers HL.

Write this down. Honeykid and I finally agree on something. I like The Departed alright but I don't think there's anything mind blowing about it.

I also wouldn't put it in a top five favorite Marty flicks. So there...
Dammit PW, I have a rep to maintain. How am I supposed to do that if people start agreeing with me?

I actually liked Blood Diamond better than The Departed... but, for the time being, they are both on my top 100 list...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I actually liked Blood Diamond better than The Departed... but, for the time being, they are both on my top 100 list...

How many times have you watched Blood Diamond? I really liked it the first time I saw it, but it didn't hold up the second time.

Employee of the Month
That`s a point. "The Departed" offers a very complex storyline, while the action is basically happening on the street level. The Soundtrack is awesome, the actors belong to Hollywoods Finest, the director is a legend. So if you watch Departed for the second, third or fifth time... you will always find something new, some plotconnenction you haven`t figured out before here, a little glow of creativity there. I haven`t seen The Aviator yet, but I don`t think it can beat this mind-blowing movie-experience. Just my five cent. And I don`t walking around here and throw neg rep at everyone. At least, eventually I have done it here, cause I love the movie... whatever, I think the jury was right.

I've not seen Babel (even though I own it) but I thought that The Departed deserved the Oscar the year it won, that wasn't my point. My point was the The Aviator was, IMO, robbed two years earlier by Million Dollar Baby. In fact, apart from Ray (which I haven't seen) I thought all the other nominees that year were better films than Million Dollar Baby. And, as for Eastwood beating Scorsese for Best Director that year... I don't even want to get started on that one.

Also, at the risk of being neg repped again, although it's become an unfashionable thing to say, I still think the original (Infernal Affairs) is a better film than The Departed.

"Our pet's heads are fallin' off!"
Uma Thurman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rene Zellweger

Obama - Nancy P. - Colon Powwell (Yeah I can spel).

+ rep just for spelling it as he says it.

I have a personal guideline for life, which is, never trust anyone who can't pronounce their own name properly.

I also have one that states, never trust anyone who hates chocolate... But that's not relevant here, so I won't mention it.

Banned from Hollywood.
nicholas cage (i wonder how much he bribed the academy for the oscar)
julia roberts (ditto)
adam sandler (ugh)
ashton kutcher (or however his untalented name is spelt)
cameron diaz (boring) (minus Being John Malcovich)
bleeding david hasselhoff (lol)
gwyneth paltrow (monotonous as hell)
ben stiller (not funny)
whoopi goldberg (can't act)
matthew McConaughey (lmao)
ben affleck (can't act)
warren beaty (ugh)
jean claude van damme (lmao)
steven seagal (roflmao)
chuck norris (ditto)
hugh grant (pukable actor)
orlando bloom (can't act)
hayden christensen (ditto)
keanu reeves (boring and monotonous, although has shown improvement over the years) (minus Thumbsucker)
jeniffer lopez (can't act, can't sing..needs to retire and make our day)
halle berry (nice body, nice face, bad acting)
will smith (can't act)
john travolta (monotonous) (minus Pulp Fiction..but then again with such an incredible script anyone would have looked good in that movie)
winona ryder (can't stand her)
hope davis (can't stand her either)
penelope cruz (the one i can't stand the most)
ashley judd (can't act)
shelley duvall (ditto)
jude law (not enough just being a pretty face if you can't act)
brad pitt (has improved over the years but overall a boring actor) (minus Fight Club and Babel)
kirsten dunst (pretty face, bad acting)
toby maguire (how the hell did THIS become an actor?)
danny glover (can't act)
dakota fanning (over-acts in every film)
lindsey lohan (lmao)
madonna (no comment)