The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
Yeah martian, still confused...

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Yeah martian, still confused...

Me too!

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

The People's Republic of Clogher
The site is still moving slower than I do in the morning, here. It seems to speed up around now (midday) but when I first logged in this morning I spent 10 minutes trying to edit a post then gave up and had a bath instead.

It's been like this since before the upgrade, to be fair, so probably isn't down to the new software.

Tatty, did you try what I posted about right clicking the edit button, and then left clicking "Open link"? I was on with you this early morning, and that is how I was having to do it again.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yoda, I'm still getting the erroneous double-post warning whenever I make a single normal post. Remind me to try this upstairs on the XP PC, but for now, it's happening routinely on the Firefox computer....

Yeah, try it upstairs. The double-post warning just means that the button is probably getting clicked twice somehow. It wouldn't always be evident, obviously. If you get the warning it should mean your first post went through fine, however. If this is on the mini-PC, I'm tempted to chalk it up to that, seeing as how I can't reproduce it on about a half-dozen browsers spanning two operating systems.

Anyone else having this problem?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have noticed since the upgrade the site has been running allot slower for me than before im not sure if it is something my end or its the site. Im posting from the UK just wondering if anyone else has got the same problem.

It depends on what's running slowly for you.

Right now the AJAX-based components, like the Quick Reply adding your post without reloading the page, or editing your posts inline, isn't working. However, in both these examples the script is designed to try it for awhile, then give up and do it the low-tech way (IE: loading a new page). That means the little spinning progress indicator image will go for maybe 7 or 8 seconds before doing it the old way. Of course, on the surface it just looks like the site is taking forever to respond. In reality, it's just trying one thing, then switching to another.

It might also just be running a little slower in general, but I thought I should point out that any delay relating to inline editing, quick replies, or any other action which lets you do something without reloading the page, isn't really related to server speed at the moment.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
What is taking slow for me is when I make a post in the "Quick Relpy" it takes a while to post. Then when I press the "New Post's" buttn at the top of the site it takes a while loading.

Cheers Yoda ;-)

Yeah, the Quick Reply would fall under the principle I mentioned above. The New Posts thing would be legitimately slow if it's taking awhile for you, though. Sadly, that's not surprising -- the search system can feel a bit strained, particularly as the board grows. The good news is that increasing the search system's efficiency is one of the biggest new features in the new major software release, though it should be several months before it's even in Beta.

On a very ironically timed, related note: the good folks at vBulletin, and our friendly server admin Rob, have helped isolate the problem described above over the last couple of days, and a solution was found literally minutes after I posted the description. Quick Reply, inline editing, and other AJAX-related features should be working fine again.

Yeah, try it upstairs. The double-post warning just means that the button is probably getting clicked twice somehow. It wouldn't always be evident, obviously. If you get the warning it should mean your first post went through fine, however. If this is on the mini-PC, I'm tempted to chalk it up to that, seeing as how I can't reproduce it on about a half-dozen browsers spanning two operating systems.

Anyone else having this problem?
No, but one of my posts went up twice this morning. The same time was on each post. I didn't get a warning that I clicked it twice, nor do I believe that I did. Like I said though, they both posted at the same time. Not a minute in between.
Also, I do get "Page not found" a whole lot more than I use to.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm not getting the double-post issue on this main computer with IE7. Just with the Firefox laptop. And I noticed that, even there, it happens maybe 8 times out of 10, not absolutely ALL the time.

But honestly, I was taking great care not to double-click ANYTHING, Yods, so I know it wasn't me clicking twice. Plus, it never happens anywhere else on the Web, and it never happened on MoFo until after the upgrade.

If you mean the tool that lets us upload images here, I'm actually taking a look at it to make sure it still works reasonably well post-upgrade. It looks good so far, so I'll try to have it added to the My Profile area again shortly.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Wow, I'm loving the avatar thumbnails on the forum front end. Good work!