Favorite Fight Scenes

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by BobbyB
Which fight scene? The hallway one? It was just kind of boring and I hated the way they filmed it from the side. He'd start whupping ass on all 20 of 'em, then they'd start getting him again, and then he'd get them again, etc. and it just got boring.
Filming it from the side was awesome! Also, no cuts, hence my realism comment. It IS an odd technique, but I thought it was quite effective.

Good call on going into films without other's opinions clouding your judgement. I just check myself at the door, and tell myself "I will try to see this film for what it is, not what someone told me it is or should be, or even more important, what I want it to be. This attitude has increased my enjoyment of films, big time. Sometimes it's hard to avoid getting a tainted view, due to hype or something, but for the most part, I just avoid commercials, and wait to read a ton of reviews until after I have seen the film...

Brad Pitt vs Eric Bana , Troy

Jhoney Deep vs Orlando Bloom , POTC 1

Brad Pitt vs Angelina Jolie , mr&mrs Smith

I thought old boy was okay. The hallway fight scene didn't blow me away but I won't go as far as to say it wasn't good. I liked his fight with the guys on the street... you know just to test if his training in the room by himself would pay off. That was kewl not because of the fight but because of the sequence of events that lead to it that we were able to follow.

mr. and mrs. smith was a pretty good one.

Yeah, Im going to have to go with Oldboy. Gritty, violent, (more) realistic, and no holly-fu.

just watched the jet li movie 'fearless' had acouple of great scenes! I guess my favourite for the film was in the restaurant with Master Chin!!!

Originally Posted by tendercare
hello all,

what are your favorite fight scenes?

I tend to like the more martial arts kind of fights:

1.Jackie Chan in Drunken Master

2.Jet Li vs Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, Lethal Weapon 4

and

3.Wesley Snipes vs Deacon Frost's minions, Blade I
Good question. I'll need to ponder it further -- but one fight scene comes to mind immediately.

The last part of "Last of Mohigans" when Nappo Bumpo and Uncas are chasing after Magwa.

Magwa paused on a cliff ledge and Uncas charges him, does a forward roll, and comes up with his tomahawk swinging crushing Magwa's side. The two stand there a moment and then Uncas cracks him again and Magwa plunges off the cliff.

The scene is fast, deadly and amazing.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Dark Party
Good question. I'll need to ponder it further -- but one fight scene comes to mind immediately.

The last part of "Last of Mohigans" when Nappo Bumpo and Uncas are chasing after Magwa.

Magwa paused on a cliff ledge and Uncas charges him, does a forward roll, and comes up with his tomahawk swinging crushing Magwa's side. The two stand there a moment and then Uncas cracks him again and Magwa plunges off the cliff.

The scene is fast, deadly and amazing.
Brilliant scene. I love the entire segment, from the point where Hawkeye shoots Duncan and beyond. The score is one of my favorite pieces of film scoring, there is no dialogue for quite some time, and the acting is really tight throughout. Just wondering who this Nappo Bumpo is.... I remember Uncas and Chingachgook chasing Magua... Still, the scene is fantastic, and it brings tears to my eyes every time I see it....

Originally Posted by Sedai
Brilliant scene. I love the entire segment, from the point where Hawkeye shoots Duncan and beyond. The score is one of my favorite pieces of film scoring, there is no dialogue for quite some time, and the acting is really tight throughout. Just wondering who this Nappo Bumpo is.... I remember Uncas and Chingachgook chasing Magua... Still, the scene is fantastic, and it brings tears to my eyes every time I see it....
Spelled it wrong -- Natty Bumpo. That's Hawkeye. His full name is Nathaniel Bumpo.

And you're right -- great movie. Another fantastic quiet scene is the bridge over the river. Mann films it so the bridge is reflected in the water and all the colors of autumn are blazing. Beautiful.

when Mal fights the assassin in Serenity-both times

and when Ed Norton fights himself in his boss's office

Rob Schneider vs. the hooker in Deuce Bigalow..."Give me 10 dollars!"

Between Brad Pitt and the other actor, when they leave the club in the morning and start fighting the first time against each other. That's great!!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
The scene in Brotherhood of the Wolf where they are fighting in the rain.

LOTR !1 The Fellowship of the ring: The fight in Moria.
The Last of the Mohicans: The Last Fight betwwen Chingachcook and Magua.

Fight scene from Anchorman !

Visit my movie forum below made 4U!
The battle at the end of Last Samurai
Gladiator (All the fight scenes)
Blade 2 (When the vampires break into his hideout and they fight in front of the lights)
Spiderman vs Doc Oc. (The fight at the clock tower and on the train)
Rocky vs Appollo Creed in Part 1 and 2
Van Helsing vs Mr. Hyde and then Dracula at the end.

I don't really have a fav. But one that I really liked was the fight of the 100 Smiths in The Matrix.

Fist of Legend: Jet Li versus the Japanese school
The Phantom Menace: Maul versus the Jedi
The Yakuza: Ken Takakura takes on the gamblers
Revenge of the Sith: Anakin takes revenge on Dooku
Die Hard: McClane gets down-n'-dirty with Karl
Return of the Dragon: Bruce versus Chuck
The Samurai Trilogy: Musashi versus Shishido Baiken
Fearless: Jet Li versus everyone in the town square
Return of the Jedi: Luke owns Boba Fett
Conan: Conan kills Thulsa Doom's priest at the burial mound
Kill Bill: The Bride and Go-Go
The Empire Strikes Back: Luke versus Vader
Fellowship of the Ring: Aragorn kills Lurtz
They Live: the big alley fight
Revenge of the Ninja: Kosugi versus Braden

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Police Story (Jackie Chan) - The final fight scene in the Mall. It's almost half an hour long. Some amazingly dangerous looking stunts there, and probably Jackie's best fight scene ever. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and rent it!